Page 2669 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 16692169256926192659266726682669267026712679271927693169 ... LastLast
Results 53,361 to 53,380 of 67666
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    More than happy playing the straight man role
    You earned that assist.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You earned that assist.
    And I sporked him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have, in recent years, grown to have significant problems with Memorial Day. I feel gratitude and respect for those who lost their lives defending our freedom and believe they deserve a day of remembrance, but I find the definition of who fits into that category too restrictive. Veterans Day can continue to be the day we honor the members of the Armed Forces, past and present, living and dead. Memorial Day needs to expand to remember those who defended our freedom in any capacity, not just as part of the armed services, for me to actively participate in Memorial Day.
    Are you thinking journalists, politicians, ambassadors? I don't disagree, expand on this if you will.
    Seconded. I'm really curious whom else you would honor on such an occasion.

Perhaps teachers? I still think teachers are perhaps the most under-appreciated segment of our society, and every time a politician tries to "fix" education, their jobs get harder. Education is about the most important way to defend freedom I can think of, though Uvalde aside, they very seldom die in the line of duty. Any others you might have in mind? Or are you even thinking of teachers in the first place? That's my gloss, not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post

Perhaps teachers? I still think teachers are perhaps the most under-appreciated segment of our society, and every time a politician tries to "fix" education, their jobs get harder. Education is about the most important way to defend freedom I can think of, though Uvalde aside, they very seldom die in the line of duty. Any others you might have in mind? Or are you even thinking of teachers in the first place? That's my gloss, not yours.
    Right said, Phredd.

Right said, Phredd.
    You look like Right Said Fred?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    You look like Right Said Fred?
    Like that ugly dude, yes. Like his song, no.

They’ve made a live action Winnie the Pooh horror movie.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post

Yes, teachers, journalists, politicians, ambassadors, healthcare workers, and now that the pandemic has made us all more aware of the debt we owe to our essential workers - them too, especially the ones who keep the food supply chain running.

Not unexpected but still phooey-worthy

32 hours ‘til summer.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    32 hours ‘til summer.
    Braggart. Enjoy your RV cruising!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Braggart. Enjoy your RV cruising!
    Actually not too much RV cruising this summer...we've got a wedding in Charleston next weekend that we're hauling the rig to, but that's it this year. The big adventure is Alaska (number 50!!), and while that drive is obviously possible, it's not logistically feasible for us (yet). But I certainly will enjoy...thanks!

I can't even imagine the gas cost of an RV trip right now. I'm driving to Florida in October and dreading my CRV's gas costs.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I can't even imagine the gas cost of an RV trip right now. I'm driving to Florida in October and dreading my CRV's gas costs.
    Take a greyhound?

Bet on the greyhounds, don’t take a greyhound. You meet the weirdest people on a greyhound (to alter one of their commercials for more accuracy).

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Bet on the greyhounds, don’t take a greyhound. You meet the weirdest people on a greyhound (to alter one of their commercials for more accuracy).
    You haven’t lived until you’ve French kissed a stranger on a cross country greyhound.

You haven’t lived until you’ve French kissed a stranger on a cross country greyhound.
    Opposite sex, or unknown?

What I was doing in high school and college was the opposite OF sex.

Have you ever seen Men in Black where they're monitoring all the aliens disguised as humans?

How about a train and a Argentine stranger and the south of France?