Page 2449 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 14491949234923992439244724482449245024512459249925492949 ... LastLast
Results 48,961 to 48,980 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I keep my bananas in a bowl. Sometimes there are other fruits in there too.
    Behave.

i'm allergic to bananas

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Behave.
    You don't think I should mix apples and oranges in with the bananas?

Knock knock
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Knock knock
    Go away!

Speaking of oranges, anyone familiar with Sumo citrus (https://sumocitrus.com/)?

I only learned about them last year, but they are fantastic and I became hooked! Unfortunately, they have a limited availability of Jan-April and I haven't been able to find them in stores yet. Not sure what's up but I was really looking forward to Sumo season and it's quickly passing by.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Whatever sizzles your bacon, ya dig.

Whatever sizzles your bacon, ya dig.
    Just to be clear, I am talking about the bowl of fruit I keep on my kitchen counter.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Many feel this is a huge no-no. Local guy wrote a homeowner column for years and would rant about this. The problem (according to him, and I think he's right) is that your attic is designed to be cold...and the warm air running thru the vent will create condensation and you'll get dripping water in the attic, which would harm your insulation among other things.
    At my house, my dryer is upstairs, and the vent runs upward to the attic, where it USED to go to a vent in the roof. Two years ago, I had a new metal roof put on, and unbeknownst to me, the roofer removed the vent, covered the hole, and simply tacked the vent hose up to the ceiling to vent out the ridge vent. I avoid my attic except when absolutely necessary (had bats up there once), like a year ago when I had to replace the smoke alarm battery. That is when I noticed my vent hose lying on the floor of the attic just venting away into the air. It had come undone. That is how I learned the roofer had done what he did. I called him, and he said that venting to the ridge vent was acceptable (it really is not) and he tacked it up again.

I know that the old way wasn't really ideal, either, b/c the vent needs to going downward at least at the end so condensation can run down out of the vent and not back down the hose. But being upstairs, where else can it go, especially without a ton of demo? That is why I wanted to run it across the attic floor and down through the soffit. Otherwise, I have no idea what to do, unless I drop it straight down to the crawlspace and then who knows where?. Also, it is in the middle of the house, not near an outside wall. The one thing I did not like about the house when I bought it was the closet upstairs hallway W/D setup.

Just to be clear, I am talking about the bowl of fruit I keep on my kitchen counter.
    (Wink, nose tap).

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    At my house, my dryer is upstairs, and the vent runs upward to the attic, where it USED to go to a vent in the roof. Two years ago, I had a new metal roof put on, and unbeknownst to me, the roofer removed the vent, covered the hole, and simply tacked the vent hose up to the ceiling to vent out the ridge vent. I avoid my attic except when absolutely necessary (had bats up there once), like a year ago when I had to replace the smoke alarm battery. That is when I noticed my vent hose lying on the floor of the attic just venting away into the air. It had come undone. That is how I learned the roofer had done what he did. I called him, and he said that venting to the ridge vent was acceptable (it really is not) and he tacked it up again.

I know that the old way wasn't really ideal, either, b/c the vent needs to going downward at least at the end so condensation can run down out of the vent and not back down the hose. But being upstairs, where else can it go, especially without a ton of demo? That is why I wanted to run it across the attic floor and down through the soffit. Otherwise, I have no idea what to do, unless I drop it straight down to the crawlspace and then who knows where?. Also, it is in the middle of the house, not near an outside wall. The one thing I did not like about the house when I bought it was the closet upstairs hallway W/D setup.
    yes, sounds like you have a handle on it. Get it outside (the moisture from the dryer) as fast as you can....there are SO many facets to home designs, I'm still finding new stuff 32 years after I bought my house...

That's perverse!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Many feel this is a huge no-no. Local guy wrote a homeowner column for years and would rant about this. The problem (according to him, and I think he's right) is that your attic is designed to be cold...and the warm air running thru the vent will create condensation and you'll get dripping water in the attic, which would harm your insulation among other things.
    Attics can be designed to be warm. It just needs to be handled accordingly.

Classically wild and imprecise winter weather forecast for Atlanta on Sunday, but either way, we shall dine on delicious stewed cow at my house. I just hope the power doesn’t go out.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Classically wild and imprecise winter weather forecast for Atlanta on Sunday, but either way, we shall dine on delicious stewed cow at my house. I just hope the power doesn’t go out.
    Careful, the hide gets tougher when you boil it.

Most hated tv character of all time? It's a long shot, probably an 11 seed, but I think Peggy Hill could make it to the Final Four.

Most hated tv character of all time? It's a long shot, probably an 11 seed, but I think Peggy Hill could make it to the Final Four.
    I would vote for everyone on The Big Bang Theory.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I would vote for everyone on The Big Bang Theory.
    Nice. I'd put Joffrey in my final four, too. A lot of people hated Skyler White but, you know, that's just wrong. Janice and AJ Soprano are up there for me, too. I didn't watch it back in the day but the few Friends episodes I've seen are pretty atrocious and most of the characters are pretty annoying.

Major Frank Burns?

Urkel for me.