If Duke beats VCU

does anyone know the Saturday game time?

coot

Approximately 5:50pm Eastern

Thumbs down

What do you mean IF we beat VCU???

Just kidding I'm a little anxious myself

ole coot knows the weaufxgods are always listening.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    ole coot knows the weaufxgods are always listening.
    I refuse to set my TIVO to record a future tournament game until after Duke has won the previous game. Bad mojo.

-Jason "frankly, there has been waay too much talk about Duke vs. Pitt for my taste" Evans

Come On Jason...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I refuse to set my TIVO to record a future tournament game until after Duke has won the previous game. Bad mojo.

-Jason "frankly, there has been waay too much talk about Duke vs. Pitt for my taste" Evans

Oh ye of little faith

ole coot knows the weauxfgods are always listening.
    I'm disappointed to hear they still exist. I figured they had died in the Götterdämmerung marking the saecular turning from the previous board.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

VCU Message Boards

I like getting on their boards and reading some of the posts just to see what they are saying about the game. There are several posts on there today saying that they will beat us "if the refs will allow it." Does anyone else get tired of hearing about Duke getting all the calls. Is it possible for us to win a game without it being bc we got all the calls I don't like Carolina, but I don't cry "the refs gave it to em' waaaaaaaaa." Hansbrough gets more calls than anyone in the nation, but I just don't see the refs deciding that many games out there. I do, however, find it funny that the VCU fans are already making excuses before the game begins.

BTW, if we lose tommorrow it's bc the refs cost us in that Virginia game earlier in the season, which in turn may of cost a higher seed in the ACC tournament, which in turn caused us to lose to State in the first round, which in turn costs a higher seed in the tournament, which in turn made us go out in the first round against VCU who we shouldn't have been playing in the first place and it's all the refs fault..............GIMME A BREAK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CMS2478 View Post
    I like getting on their boards and reading some of the posts just to see what they are saying about the game. There are several posts on there today saying that they will beat us "if the refs will allow it."
    I had a package of tickets to five UVA games. Almost all our neighbors turned out to be experts on college officiating, which expertise they shared constantly and with some emphasis. Given that in my "real" life I actually only know one person who in fact has expertise in officiating, I was struck by the statistical fluke that brought together such a collection of experience and expertise in one place due the randomness of seat assignment. I did think it strange that the officials never once in five games made a call adverse to Virginia's interests that was correct, but having the benefit of the collective wisdom of the experts, who could gainsay that conclusion!

My wife and I made a pledge NEVER TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OFFICIATING AGAIN. Making the complaint has its own penalty: you sound stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

I agree that we have to look at tomorrow's game as a definite chance to head home. And even if we win, people appear to be looking forward to the Pitt game as one we'll win as well. I'd love to know that it would be so, as I could buy tickets to San Jose today, but I think I'll wait until Sunday night to join the made rush of ticket buyers. No reason to jinx it now!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CMS2478 View Post
    I like getting on their boards and reading some of the posts just to see what they are saying about the game. There are several posts on there today saying that they will beat us "if the refs will allow it." Does anyone else get tired of hearing about Duke getting all the calls. Is it possible for us to win a game without it being bc we got all the calls I don't like Carolina, but I don't cry "the refs gave it to em' waaaaaaaaa." Hansbrough gets more calls than anyone in the nation, but I just don't see the refs deciding that many games out there. I do, however, find it funny that the VCU fans are already making excuses before the game begins.

BTW, if we lose tommorrow it's bc the refs cost us in that Virginia game earlier in the season, which in turn may of cost a higher seed in the ACC tournament, which in turn caused us to lose to State in the first round, which in turn costs a higher seed in the tournament, which in turn made us go out in the first round against VCU who we shouldn't have been playing in the first place and it's all the refs fault..............GIMME A BREAK!!!

Maybe you should send them this linkhttp://216.203.30.88/cbk/leaders.asp?conf=000&stat=68

Seems to me, since they are on this list(and we are not) that we are the one's that should be worried about the refs.

Who knew that New Mexico State had such clout with the officials? There oughta be an investigation! :0)

Talking Thank You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 365Duke View Post
    Maybe you should send them this linkhttp://216.203.30.88/cbk/leaders.asp?conf=000&stat=68

Seems to me, since they are on this list(and we are not) that we are the one's that should be worried about the refs.
    That's good info to have going into the tournament. So when all my Carolina buddies say it was the refs.......I have some ammunition.

Yes but...

Quote Originally Posted by ikiru36 View Post
    Who knew that New Mexico State had such clout with the officials? There oughta be an investigation! :0)
    LOL

New Mexico State gets all the calls does not roll off the tongue as easy as Duke gets all the calls