Page 1824 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 82413241724177418141822182318241825182618341874192423242824 ... LastLast
Results 36,461 to 36,480 of 67663
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Another year with another strange segue into Duke basketball off-season.
    That really irks me.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Who turned off the heat?
    Ides of March have brought us 3 (American) degrees and a -20 wind chill (stiff wind from the North)...but it looks to be in the 50s much of this week, hope prevails.

Do you miss MySpace or not into the nostalgia?
    I never did MySpace but I did Facebook for a year. Hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    This surprises me. Facebook gives one so many opportunities to irk people, I would think you'd love it.

Currently 1 degree F.

Expecting a high of 10.

And it strikes me to figure out how to type that little degree symbol...

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    This surprises me. Facebook gives one so many opportunities to irk people, I would think you'd love it.
    It wasn't irky enough. Just dog and kid pictures and my natural inclination is to make fun of even that. People having feelings is bad for me.

"You know they call corn on the cob, corn on the cob, but that's how it comes out of the ground, man. They should call that
    corn, they should call every other version corn off the cob. It's not like if you cut off my arm you would call it Mitch. Then reattach it
    and call me Mitch-all-together..." --Mitch Hedberg

It wasn't irky enough. Just dog and kid pictures and my natural inclination is to make fun of even that. People having feelings is bad for me.
    I figured out at the age of eight how soul crushingly boring it is to look at other people's vacation pictures.

Daylight saving time is literally perfect. We should keep it all year round. I irk others and I'm not prone to being irked.
    That’s a super power as far as I’m concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I figured out at the age of eight how soul crushingly boring it is to look at other people's vacation pictures.
    Yeah. I’m not big into vacation voyeurism. Lifestyle one-upmanship and keeping up with the Jones got supercharged by social media.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I am currently running the "Coolest D1 Mascot" tournament on FB. It's been going on since October. We started with a whole host of play-in matches and mini-tourneys before we got to the "Big Dance". I started with all schools that play D1 basketball (~360 IIRC) and looked for ways to whittle it down to 128 official Big Dance entries. We are now 2/3rds of the way through the 2nd round.

I post one match-up a day and take Sundays off. (Sometimes I take off other days, for example, when my kid is having surgery.) We should be finished in May.

I have also run "Favorite Shakespeare Play" and "Worst Movie to Win the Best Picture Oscar" tourneys.

A Midsummer Night's Dream and The Greatest Show on Earth, respectively.

I ran a mini-tourney of "Best" David Hasselhoff Video as well (only 8 entries so it didn't take long) - here's the winner - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I am currently running the "Coolest D1 Mascot" tournament on FB. It's been going on since October. We started with a whole host of play-in matches and mini-tourneys before we got to the "Big Dance". I started with all schools that play D1 basketball (~360 IIRC) and looked for ways to whittle it down to 128 official Big Dance entries. We are now 2/3rds of the way through the 2nd round.

I post one match-up a day and take Sundays off. (Sometimes I take off other days, for example, when my kid is having surgery.) We should be finished in May.
    How did the Demon Deacon do?

You suffered through slide shows too?

You were a MyCircler, weren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    How did the Demon Deacon do?
    They are still in it.

You suffered through slide shows too?
    When the Kodak Carousel came out of the closet, I knew I was in for some soul crushing boredom. And people didn't take just 10 pictures, no they took about 200 on average I'd say...

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

It is the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. Their mascot is literally the top of a hill. This should be a real easy tournament.

When the Kodak Carousel came out of the closet, I knew I was in for some soul crushing boredom. And people didn't take just 10 pictures, no they took about 200 on average I'd say...
    Yet, when we pull those carousels out now, they are great entertainment! I am in the very slow process of turning all of the slides my Dad took into digital copies. I have private family facebook pages set up where we share old photos. This way everyone gets copies. I found some from the early 70s in the back of a cabinet. Ones we forgot ever existed. The ones of the now departed are priceless. My cousins are appreciative. Except for sharing their 70s 'dos. They are not appreciative of that.