Page 1700 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 70012001600165016901698169917001701170217101750180022002700 ... LastLast
Results 33,981 to 34,000 of 67662
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Glad he is fine now! So you guys got out right as the pandemic hit.
    Yes, that turned out to be a good thing, although one of the first confirmed COVID patients in PA was a CHOP doctor at our practice. We just missed him too though.

Got a second one scheduled for the summer so, you know, I'm trying to turn my babies into the cookies on either side of the COVID s*** cream.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yes, that turned out to be a good thing, although one of the first confirmed COVID patients in PA was a CHOP doctor at our practice. We just missed him too though.

Got a second one scheduled for the summer so, you know, I'm trying to turn my babies into the cookies on either side of the COVID s*** cream.
    Wait. Another baby scheduled?!?!

Wait. Another baby scheduled?!?!
    Yep. Bunda-baby #2 is scheduled for this summer!

Yep. Bunda-baby #2 is scheduled for this summer!
    Congratulations! This is the right way to do it. You're already in baby mode and sleep deprived. Ours are exactly 2 years apart. Have you caught the guy who is responsible yet?

Congratulations! This is the right way to do it. You're already in baby mode and sleep deprived. Ours are exactly 2 years apart. Have you caught the guy who is responsible yet?
    Hah. We've barely been out of one another's sights since COVID. We choo-choo-choose each other because we have no ch-ch-choice.

Hah. We've barely been out of one another's sights since COVID. We choo-choo-choose each other because we have no ch-ch-choice.
    Ha! Callback!

Ha! Callback!
    That's nothing. Check out these turkey leg sweatpants.

facebook-link-post-image_Turkey-Pants.jpg

That's nothing. Check out these turkey leg sweatpants.

facebook-link-post-image_Turkey-Pants.jpg
    Back to the snood.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Ha! I am consulting on a 318 grammer as we speak. T bone would have looked like a MONSTER next to kids that size. Sounds like transient tachypnea. Usually presents with grunting because of excess fetal lung fluid in the lungs. Generally clears over a few hours. Honestly I don't know how people choose to take care of adults when they could care for babies. Poor career choices.
    That's the one! Couldn't remember the name. His didn't clear quickly enough for him to avoid NICU admission but did clear within a day, I said 6 hours but it might have been more like 12. It has been 20 years. And yes, he did look like a monster. Every time they paged me to come feed him, I found one of the NICU nurses holding him. I'm convinced they found it a treat to have one around that they could just pick up and cuddle. The first time the NICU paged me, I headed out the door of my room and my (Irish) maternity ward nurse told me they could get me a wheelchair. I said, "I can walk!" She said, "Oh, you're a hard (word that rhymes with class)." One of the nicest compliments I've ever received.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Every time they paged me to come feed him, I found one of the NICU nurses holding him. I'm convinced they found it a treat to have one around that they could just pick up and cuddle. One of the nicest compliments I've ever received.
    I can attest to him being a NICU commodity. We lined up to hold babies who weren't sick. I carried them all over the place. And that is the BEST compliment that nurse could possibly have given.

One cannot unsee what has been seen...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I am excellent at very few things, but one of those things is compartmentalization.

Honestly the only two things I'm good at are compartmentalization and eating. Why is everyone else so bad at eating?

We talking about the Turkey leg sweatpants?

Having spent too much time around the military, I too often view eating as transactional and not as a source of enjoyment.

Having spent too much time around the military, I too often view eating as transactional and not as a source of enjoyment.
    It's always one step forward and two steps back with us.

It's always one step forward and two steps back with us.
    That is an inefficient way to march!

Good point actually. Honestly, we should have thought about that.

We talking about the Turkey leg sweatpants?
    Those have been seen.

As a former officer, you don't want me marching the troops.