Page 1354 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3548541254130413441352135313541355135613641404145418542354 ... LastLast
Results 27,061 to 27,080 of 67398
    Tuesdays ARE the worst. On Monday, at least you still have the rosy afterglow of the weekend. Tuesday, you’re far from shore no matter how you look at it.

Wednesdays are like the original Star Wars movie: A New Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Tuesdays ARE the worst. On Monday, at least you still have the rosy afterglow of the weekend. Tuesday, you’re far from shore no matter how you look at it.
    Wednesdays are like the original Star Wars movie: A New Hope.

I see what you are saying. I'm not as worked up about Tuesdays. Wednesdays are kind of the "let's get this amped up today for a big finish" although around DC in days of pre-Covid, it was typically one of the worst days for driving into the metro area since even telecommuters had to make their appearances and the every other week 4 day schedule was in effect.

Gosh, I need a hobby. Deciphering traffic patterns is a pitiful waste of brain depth. Ridiculous.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I see what you are saying. I'm not as worked up about Tuesdays. Wednesdays are kind of the "let's get this amped up today for a big finish" although around DC in days of pre-Covid, it was typically one of the worst days for driving into the metro area since even telecommuters had to make their appearances and the every other week 4 day schedule was in effect.

Gosh, I need a hobby. Deciphering traffic patterns is a pitiful waste of brain depth. Ridiculous.
    Pre-Covid, Thursday traffic was always the worst around Boston, especially the evening commute.

Nothing posted in that synthetic grass thread since 4/20. I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Pre-Covid, Thursday traffic was always the worst around Boston, especially the evening commute.
    I deleted a couple replies because they revealed too much but suffice to say, I don't think this is idle thought.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I deleted a couple replies because they revealed too much but suffice to say, I don't think this is idle thought.
    In fact, we may be hiring...

I guess the Air Force prefers to practice in the rain. But then, if it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

I guess the Air Force prefers to practice in the rain. But then, if it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.
    Saw a huge USAF truck and trailer the other day. I thought it was something from the Air National Guard, but it was just a big blue Air Force truck. No idea what that was about.

Good day for a hammock.

In fact, we may be hiring...
    OK, I'm confused.

OK, I'm confused.
    And then suddenly it was like all the clouds had lifted.

And then suddenly it was like all the clouds had lifted.
    I'm hoping for more rain here to wash away all the pollen. I've been coughing a lot the last couple of days due to the high amounts of oak pollen. Maybe I shouldn't have planted the 6 oak trees right around my house.

I had been making due for the last almost 6 weeks with quick trips to the local, smaller grocery store every 10 days or so, but, we were out of a lot of basics so, I went to the much larger grocery store the next town over today. I wore a mask and stayed 6 feet away from people as much as I possibly could but, OMG, did I feel like I was the only one even trying. I will now spend the next 5-7 days low level terrified.

I had been making due for the last almost 6 weeks with quick trips to the local, smaller grocery store every 10 days or so, but, we were out of a lot of basics so, I went to the much larger grocery store the next town over today. I wore a mask and stayed 6 feet away from people as much as I possibly could but, OMG, did I feel like I was the only one even trying. I will now spend the next 5-7 days low level terrified.
    I've been frequenting a local vegetable stand that also sells milk and select meats. Frequently the only person in there. Feels safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I've been frequenting a local vegetable stand that also sells milk and select meats. Frequently the only person in there. Feels safe.
    My debate is whether or not to wear gloves but settle for lathering up with Purell immediately afterwords.

I understand how the smallness lends some comfort. Hopefully, it includes the appropriate cleanliness regimens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm trying to convince myself that a 20-something unmasked male who just has to move around me and is right next to me for under 2 seconds really isn't that big of a threat. I did take my 2 sons that are home with me because I thought they would help me move things along faster. When it came to the self check-out, yes, they did. But I probably should have made them stay in the car then texted them when I got in line. They were complaining that me waiting 6 feet behind other customers taking 5 minutes to pick out what kind of water to buy was pointless when nobody else was doing it. Won't be going mid-day again during the shutdowns. Won't be going to this store again. Will probably go back to more frequent trips but much shorter time in the store. Now I've got to wait out the next week. I have managed to convince myself that I won't be one of the lucky ones who doesn't have serious symptoms if I get it. It's an irrational zero sum game going on in my head. Three of my four children have had to be admitted for overnight stays in the hospital during their childhoods (1, 3, 4), three of my four children have significant/serious health conditions (1, 2, 4). Three of my four children had issues during birth that would have made at home births very risky and it is unlikely that number 3 would have survived a home birth - luckily I believed in giving birth in a hospital. (Because of the big scare number 3 gave us, number 4 was a scheduled C-section. Glad I only had to have one of those and glad it was the last one.) The hubby has a significant health problem (but not one that makes him at higher risk for Covid complications, thank goodness) - I figure my family has played the health problems version of Russian Roulette one too many times and I'll suffer the consequences if I get sick. I tell people being the parent of a kid with a brain tumor makes you a bit crazy. My particular brand of crazy makes me run the Boston Marathon and figure I'll die if I get Covid 19.

My debate is whether or not to wear gloves but settle for lathering up with Purell immediately afterwords.

I understand how the smallness lends some comfort. Hopefully, it includes the appropriate cleanliness regimens.
    My veggie stand check out guy have gloves and a mask. For me, a market with 4 people and open air is better than a market with 200 workers and customers.

This article brought me some comfort:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/w...?smid=fb-share

And this one some relief that I was not alone in my thought processes:

https://www.pottsmerc.com/lifestyle/...ign=user-share