Page 579 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 7947952956957757857958058158962967910791579 ... LastLast
Results 11,561 to 11,580 of 67390
    I'm sad . While I had a good time hanging out with my brother and CB&B, I have decided that I will not watch Duke basketball in a public place ever again. We were watching with the Wilmington Duke Alumni club at the Fox and Hound in Wilmington. Fortunately they had rented part of the restaurant for the Duke game. The main bar was filled with holes by the time the men played. Despite the the loss, it wasn't too bad until our waitress (who had been very good) said, "sorry guys. I haven't been able to yell all game. Wooo!" Stupid move. I marked out the tip I was going to leave her and told that she lost her tip and that it would have been smarter to keep quiet. She said, "well I did say 'sorry guys.' " I told her she would have had a nice tip if she hadn't rubbed it in. I can't stand Tar Heels.

This is one advantage of living in Mass.

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    I'm sad . While I had a good time hanging out with my brother and CB&B, I have decided that I will not watch Duke basketball in a public place ever again. We were watching with the Wilmington Duke Alumni club at the Fox and Hound in Wilmington. Fortunately they had rented part of the restaurant for the Duke game. The main bar was filled with holes by the time the men played. Despite the the loss, it wasn't too bad until our waitress (who had been very good) said, "sorry guys. I haven't been able to yell all game. Wooo!" Stupid move. I marked out the tip I was going to leave her and told that she lost her tip and that it would have been smarter to keep quiet. She said, "well I did say 'sorry guys.' " I told her she would have had a nice tip if she hadn't rubbed it in. I can't stand Tar Heels.
    Hahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Hahahahaha!
    How many coronas tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    How many coronas tonight?
    None. I'm back at my Mom's house. She tends to count empty bottles.

Hahahahaha!
    Some people don't have the sense God gave 'em.

Um, you is a growed up.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    As a coincidence, my Mom turns 88 today. The only gift she requests...

BEAT THE HOLES!

I can't buy her anything. She won't take it. No rational reasons. It's never that she doesn't like it. It's always --- "The wrong size...Wish I could use it...Not my color". What she really wishes is that I would not spend money on her. She won't even allow me to pick up even something as basic as a carton of milk for her, if I'm at the store already, without paying for it. I can't get her anything and it is a frustration. Oh well. Hopefully her large wish above comes to pass.
    Donate to my marathon run in her name? I'll admit it, I am shameless.

Here's proof, http://www.firstgiving.com/lisaburdick.

Recycle.

Quickly.

and often...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My oldest son and I went to the Celtics game today. Last minute tickets were offered and since it was a 1pm game, I figured we'd get home about the time the Mo Valley Championship was over. Missed half of the first half but it was almost worth it. Celtics played the Magic and I got to see JJ!! I was rooting for the Celtics and JJ. Celtics have 2 injured starters and it showed. Offense was terrible, on both sides of the court. JJ played some, not much, hit a textbook three though and made quite a few nifty passes that would have been assists if the receivers knew how to shoot the ball.

After the other game, sigh, I went out for a long run. It had gotten late and even with the recent clock switch I wasn't able to go quite as far as originially planned because of darkness. After 9 miles I really need to see where I'm stepping so I called it a night after 9 1/2 but I did run the route 10 minutes faster than the last time, so, that's the good news.

I've done a lot of thinking over the past few days. Talked about a few things w/ my mom. I think I'm coming close to making some decisions. There's option A, B, C, and so on... and it will just depend how things fall out.

I gave up watching in public after last year's Atlanta DBR Mafia meeting that saw us lose to WVU. A while ago, my wife and I watched it with the StLouis Duke Club ... that resulted in failure too.

Today, we didn't attend the Kentucky Duke alumni watch party. Still no luck.

Perhaps we needed a regional brunchgate, complete with B-List food and drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I gave up watching in public after last year's Atlanta DBR Mafia meeting that saw us lose to WVU. A while ago, my wife and I watched it with the StLouis Duke Club ... that resulted in failure too.

Today, we didn't attend the Kentucky Duke alumni watch party. Still no luck.

Perhaps we needed a regional brunchgate, complete with B-List food and drink.
    Yes you weren't in chat today...

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Yes you weren't in chat today...
    ILJ and I considered ourselves to be jinxes. Well, that too didn't work today. I guess we can go ahead and watch games again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    ILJ and I considered ourselves to be jinxes. Well, that too didn't work today. I guess we can go ahead and watch games again.
    The pepperoni didn't work today either.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I've done a lot of thinking over the past few days. Talked about a few things w/ my mom. I think I'm coming close to making some decisions. There's option A, B, C, and so on... and it will just depend how things fall out.
    Ok before anyone freaks out, this is a good thing.

Always good to have option, IMHO.

I missed a lot yesterday.

Happy Belated Birthday Momma Mojo.

DukePA, love that you canceled the tip.

CathyCA, glad you made it home safely. Ever thought of having your own undisclosed recycling bin? Please give Momma CathyCA a big hug and wish her a happy birthday for me.

ArkieDuke, I'm on my way for some serious shin kicking.

DevilAlumna, Ozzie, and Ymo, did not get anything ya'll wrote about monitors.

Bostondevil, way to go on a faster 9.5 mile run.

Finally, a shameless plug for DaddyGalore, Happy Birthday. Lots of parental birthdays this week.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I missed a lot yesterday.

Happy Belated Birthday Momma Mojo.

DukePA, love that you canceled the tip.

CathyCA, glad you made it home safely. Ever thought of having your own undisclosed recycling bin? Please give Momma CathyCA a big hug and wish her a happy birthday for me.

ArkieDuke, I'm on my way for some serious shin kicking.

DevilAlumna, Ozzie, and Ymo, did not get anything ya'll wrote about monitors.

Bostondevil, way to go on a faster 9.5 mile run.

Finally, a shameless plug for DaddyGalore, Happy Birthday. Lots of parental birthdays this week.
    Sue71, sorry forgot to mention you above, but now you get your own post.

Good luck with the decision. If you need a sounding board, I'll be around tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Sue71, sorry forgot to mention you above, but now you get your own post.

Good luck with the decision. If you need a sounding board, I'll be around tonight.
    And what am I, chopped pastrami?