Page 1427 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4279271327137714171425142614271428142914371477152719272427 ... LastLast
Results 28,521 to 28,540 of 67396
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What’d you do, have it filled in?
    Yup. Broken up, filled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yup. Broken up, filled in.
    It’s not $25k but it’s a chunk of change to do that, isn’t it?

We’ve toyed with the idea. We’re expecting to have to make the decision on a remodel in the next few years.

Armageddon is the afternoon nap re-watchable while the t-storms rumble by. Got me thinking, if a global pandemic didn't unite us, would the threat of a meteor obliterating earth?

I don't think so.

Armageddon is the afternoon nap re-watchable while the t-storms rumble by. Got me thinking, if a global pandemic didn't unite us, would the threat of a meteor obliterating earth?

I don't think so.
    It may not have united us, but it appears to have moved others in that direction.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Had a wonderful picnic lunch with a friend today - we sat a bit more than 6 feet apart under a shady tree on the Andover Commons. She's all in with my idea for "Spaced Out Shakespeare".

I will post more details if we make progress with the idea.

Meanwhile, the Andover Commons is lovely and, when actual full outdoor Shakespeare productions resume, I'm thinking it might be worth trying to stage something there.

But no T Bone and the Drewsk episodes lately...

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Had a wonderful picnic lunch with a friend today - we sat a bit more than 6 feet apart under a shady tree on the Andover Commons. She's all in with my idea for "Spaced Out Shakespeare".
    Live a little, comfort a little, cheer thyself a little, dude!

-jk

1998 Duke at UNC, this one does not end well.

It’s not $25k but it’s a chunk of change to do that, isn’t it?

We’ve toyed with the idea. We’re expecting to have to make the decision on a remodel in the next few years.
    We had our regular pool people do it. They had never done one before and basically wanted the experience, so they didn't charge us very much and we didn't question when they worked it in around their usual schedule.

They are great folks - used to bring us eggs from their chickens when they would maintain our pool.

Long story short, after collapsing our pool, they decided it's way too much work and no longer offer that service. I think we got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    We had our regular pool people do it. They had never done one before and basically wanted the experience, so they didn't charge us very much and we didn't question when they worked it in around their usual schedule.

They are great folks - used to bring us eggs from their chickens when they would maintain our pool.

Long story short, after collapsing our pool, they decided it's way too much work and no longer offer that service. I think we got lucky.
    So they demolished the concrete and buried it?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    So they demolished the concrete and buried it?

-jk
    Yup. They had to rent a backhoe thing. The broke up the pool and the concrete walk around, it all went inside the hole. Then nine loads of fill dirt. They worked it in around their other obligations and ended up taking them two weeks. I'm sure they lost money on it.

We paid them more than they quoted us, because we felt badly for them.

So, quick google on "pool removal". No surprise, but it's cheaper to get rid of an above ground pool. In ground quote from one google search gives a range of $3k to $19k.

The Quarantine Adventures of T-Bone and The Drewsk: T-Bone finds a job with a local family taking the two boys to the park and playing games with them, video games and board games. Meanwhile The Drewsk starts a remote internship at the Naval Research Lab.

Husband needs a new car. Test drove the BMW 4 hardtop convertible and the Audi A5 cabriolet. Guess who did all the talking?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Husband needs a new car. Test drove the BMW 4 hardtop convertible and the Audi A5 cabriolet. Guess who did all the talking?
    I got an S4 shortly before the stay at home orders were announced. My second Audi. The first was an A4.

My best wifely sotto voce observation was that the cat would enjoy sleeping on a new soft top over the hard top any day.
    I can do sotto voce when it's warranted.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

What's on tap for today?

I need to go grocery shopping.