Page 2073 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 107315731973202320632071207220732074207520832123217325733073 ... LastLast
Results 41,441 to 41,460 of 67385
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I finished the knitting part of a sweater for The Drewsk. It is currently in the blocking phase. Sewing it together comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I finished the knitting part of a sweater for The Drewsk. It is currently in the blocking phase. Sewing it together comes next.
    I want to start a website called Scottish Grandma to exploit the fruits of my mother-in-law’s knitting labor.

Where’d you learn?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I want to start a website called Scottish Grandma to exploit the fruits of my mother-in-law’s knitting labor.

Where’d you learn?
    Sooooo...that's probably already a website. And it probably isn't a sewing website.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I like the sound of this! I am manning the grill at a party my wife's bestie is throwing.
    and what is the Grillmeister preparing?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    and what is the Grillmeister preparing?
    Just hamburgers and hotdogs. Nothing exotic. Still delicious.

Just hamburgers and hotdogs. Nothing exotic. Still delicious.
    what America was built on!

what America was built on!
    Yep! German food! That and tacos.

Yep! German food! That and tacos.
    there is more German ethnicity in this fine land than from any other country:https://www.businessinsider.com/the-...sh-34670009-11

there is more German ethnicity in this fine land than from any other country:https://www.businessinsider.com/the-...sh-34670009-11
    Yes. Both sides of my mother's family are Germans

Sooooo...that's probably already a website. And it probably isn't a sewing website.
    Eww.

Where’d you learn?
    To knit? Yes, my grandmother taught me the basic knit stitch when I was a little girl but I didn't really become a knitter until my early 20s when I took a class at my LYS (local yarn store). I could ONLY do a knit stitch before that class, I didn't know how to cast on or purl.

Knitting comes with its own lingo - like most professions and avocations. LYS is a local yarn store. When you make a mistake and have to rip back some stitches, it's called either frogging (because you rip it, rip it) or tinking (knit spelled backwards). Your stash is all the yarn you have in your possession that is not part of a project currently on the needles. SABLE is an acronym for Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy and most knitters eventually achieve SABLE. And then there are just the terms for the actual knitting, knit stitch, purl stitch, yarn overs, slipped stitch, short rows, brioche, double knitting, stranded, steeks, intarsia - all these terms, among others, mean something specific to knitters.

Knitting comes with its own lingo - like most professions and avocations. LYS is a local yarn store. When you make a mistake and have to rip back some stitches, it's called either frogging (because you rip it, rip it) or tinking (knit spelled backwards). Your stash is all the yarn you have in your possession that is not part of a project currently on the needles. SABLE is an acronym for Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy and most knitters eventually achieve SABLE. And then there are just the terms for the actual knitting, knit stitch, purl stitch, yarn overs, slipped stitch, short rows, brioche, double knitting, stranded, steeks, intarsia - all these terms, among others, mean something specific to knitters.
    Nice lingo tutorial! Would your MIL know this lingo Bundabergdevil?

Nice lingo tutorial! Would your MIL know this lingo Bundabergdevil?
    Yes but in Scottish. So, angrier.

Hahaha! Well played.

My son saw his first snake today.

Big day!

If it’s not Scottish, it’s crap.

The Fonz was sweet on Linda Purl...

...that's all I got.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    If it’s not Scottish, it’s crap.
    My wife just had a very earnest discussion about the pros and cons of making my in-laws watch So I Married an Axe Murderer next time they're up!

As it were, my son does have a big head. Maybe not sputnik big, more like orange on a toothpick big.

An hour early in my time zone, but since most here are in Eastern.