Page 2063 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 106315631963201320532061206220632064206520732113216325633063 ... LastLast
Results 41,241 to 41,260 of 67381
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Is that like Pat from SNL - back in the "olden" days?
    There's something that wouldn't fly today. Sheesh. I mean, it was fairly cringeworthy at the time, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    There's something that wouldn't fly today. Sheesh. I mean, it was fairly cringeworthy at the time, IMHO.
    Same with unfrozen caveman lawyer. Trifecta of no longer appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Same with unfrozen caveman lawyer. Trifecta of no longer appropriate.
    This made me chortle. Cannot spork.

I’m always excited to watch the NBA Playoffs when I get the chance, because they are consistently, wildly entertaining year after year. But the feeling is redoubled when my own team is actually making noise. Go Hawks!

Crab cakes, elote, brussel sprouts

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I’m always excited to watch the NBA Playoffs when I get the chance, because they are consistently, wildly entertaining year after year. But the feeling is redoubled when my own team is actually making noise. Go Hawks!
    I'm just happy the Spurs won a title while I was here.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm just happy the Spurs won a title while I was here.
    Tim Duncan was the best player of his generation. Better than Kobe, Shaq, etc.

Fight me.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Tim Duncan was the best player of his generation. Better than Kobe, Shaq, etc.

Fight me.
    He is the third most talented of that trio, but I agree. He never had the sheer power of Shaq but Shaq's sin, and I don't think it IS a sin, was that basketball was not the driving factor in his life the way it was with Kobe and Duncan. And what he chose to do with that is none of my business. He could have been the greatest center of all time with a lot of work. But he is a borderline top 10 to 15 dude all time even though he started showing up fat to work after the first few years. And that should be okay. It's his talent, not mine. Of the people from that generation, Kobe and Duncan shared the same competitiveness and Killer Instinct. But Kobe was a horrible teammate. At least until the latter stages of his career. Duncan was the perfect teammate. Team over individual. In conclusion, America is a vast and varied land.

frost warning tonight, gotta carry in the window boxes...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    They'll never learn to fight off frost for themselves if you keep doing it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Hot and humid here.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    They'll never learn to fight off frost for themselves if you keep doing it for them.
    they are sissies...(petunias by and large)

He is the third most talented of that trio, but I agree. He never had the sheer power of Shaq but Shaq's sin, and I don't think it IS a sin, was that basketball was not the driving factor in his life the way it was with Kobe and Duncan. And what he chose to do with that is none of my business. He could have been the greatest center of all time with a lot of work. But he is a borderline top 10 to 15 dude all time even though he started showing up fat to work after the first few years. And that should be okay. It's his talent, not mine. Of the people from that generation, Kobe and Duncan shared the same competitiveness and Killer Instinct. But Kobe was a horrible teammate. At least until the latter stages of his career. Duncan was the perfect teammate. Team over individual. In conclusion, America is a vast and varied land.
    You and I see Duncan very differently. Yes, Shaq was a gifted physical specimen who didn't need to put as much work into his craft to dominate.

But I would not say the basketball was the "driving factor" in Duncan's life. Maybe it's the Virgin Islands vibe, maybe it's some of the unsubstantiated rumors of marijuana use, maybe it was his calm demeanor - I always go the sense the if Duncan had his way, he would be sipping an expensive Pinot Noir half an hour after the final buzzer and would come home from work and think about something else until I was time to return to the stadium.

^ not sure if I'd blame possible weed use. Players have estimated between 50 and 85 percent of players partake...I think that's just the way Duncan was formulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You and I see Duncan very differently. Yes, Shaq was a gifted physical specimen who didn't need to put as much work into his craft to dominate.

But I would not say the basketball was the "driving factor" in Duncan's life. Maybe it's the Virgin Islands vibe, maybe it's some of the unsubstantiated rumors of marijuana use, maybe it was his calm demeanor - I always go the sense the if Duncan had his way, he would be sipping an expensive Pinot Noir half an hour after the final buzzer and would come home from work and think about something else until I was time to return to the stadium.
    Oh I think Duncan was just insular Kobe. I think they were absolutely wired exactly the same way. But only one of them would talk about it. Kobe wanted to be the next Jordan so bad and he got 90 something percent of the way there. Duncan just wanted to win and didn't give a damn what you thought about that or what you thought about him. Also to be fair, I know Duncan a little bit from being around him in pick up hoops at Wake Forest when he was there. An absolute Stone Cold killer. Rodney Rogers and Randolph Childress, and later Chris Paul were in those games. Duncan was going to win.

It’s a(nother) metal morning.
    Last edited by wilson; 05-27-2021 at 09:10 AM.

It’s a(mother) metal morning.
    Rocking out to some Danzig this morning?

It’s a(mother) metal morning.
    Heavy Metal the movie time?

It’s a(nother) metal morning.
    Rocking out to some Danzig this morning?
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Heavy Metal the movie time?
    Nah, just my music on the way to work. Today's selection was Cirith Ungol...rather obscure, but good power metal with an actual melody, and steeped in sci-fi/fantasy nerdiness (see: band name):
    https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Cirith_Ungol/561

Nah, just my music on the way to work. Today's selection was Cirith Ungol...rather obscure, but good power metal with an actual melody, and steeped in sci-fi/fantasy nerdiness (see: band name):
    https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Cirith_Ungol/561
    Named for a dangerous area.