Page 2019 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 101915191919196920092017201820192020202120292069211925193019 ... LastLast
Results 40,361 to 40,380 of 67390
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Sometimes I enjoy watching men of a certain age get their dander up by telling them Duran Duran is a much better band than The Police.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Sometimes I enjoy watching men of a certain age get their dander up by telling them Duran Duran is a much better band than The Police.
    I do this with The Oak Ridge Boys and Alabama. Duran Duran was much more advanced musically and they operated at a much higher degree of difficulty. I would say the same about The Oak Ridge Boys.

“The Clash is the only band that matters.”

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I do this with The Oak Ridge Boys and Alabama. Duran Duran was much more advanced musically and they operated at a much higher degree of difficulty. I would say the same about The Oak Ridge Boys.
    Alabama's music is 90% pure dreck. I will NEVER understand how they've sold so many records.
    Oh wait, The Eagles would like a word too? Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Alabama's music is 90% pure dreck. I will NEVER understand how they've sold so many records.
    Oh wait, The Eagles would like a word too? Got it.
    I would say they found a sound and a formula and they absolutely crushed it. But the singular genius of "Y'all Come Back Saloon" and "Elvira" coming from the Oak Ridge Boys is something that escaped Alabama. They are undeniably great, just not particularly complicated.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Note: I do not think The Police are bad. I do think Duran Duran is better. Duran Duran is still together and were recording their 15th studio album las(t I heard. Their '80s synth pop stuff holds up. They evolved and their 90s stuff is not just retreads of their '80s stuff. (I will admit I have not listened to their 21st century stuff.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Note: I do not think The Police are bad. I do think Duran Duran is better. Duran Duran is still together and were recording their 15th studio album las(t I heard. Their '80s synth pop stuff holds up. They evolved and their 90s stuff is not just retreads of their '80s stuff. (I will admit I have not listened to their 21st century stuff.)
    I agree with all of this. Their degree of difficulty was much higher.
    Last edited by ClemmonsDevil; 05-10-2021 at 02:24 PM.

“ Come Monday” - Jimmy Buffet. One of my all time favorites songs.

I love the Police.

I like Duran Duran better now than I did when I was in Jr High, when they first hit it big.

I like New Moon on Monday, actually one of my favorites.

I can't get the Boomtown Rats out of my head. Thanks, CDevil, for today's earworm.

the great mulching/mowing experiment in Central Park has been declared a success, so you guys can all relax, and thanks for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I love the Police.

I like Duran Duran better now than I did when I was in Jr High, when they first hit it big.

I like New Moon on Monday, actually one of my favorites.

I can't get the Boomtown Rats out of my head. Thanks, CDevil, for today's earworm.
    Full disclosure: I enjoy The Police more than Duran Duran. But I also agree with BDevil's assertions. Both of those can be true. And you're welcome?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    the great mulching/mowing experiment in Central Park has been declared a success, so you guys can all relax, and thanks for your support!
    Thanks for letting us off the hook brother. Pins and needles man. Pins. And. Needles. PMs have been flying all day about this.

Thanks for letting us off the hook brother. Pins and needles man. Pins. And. Needles. PMs have been flying all day about this.
    mondays are bad enough without having to worry about how the great mulch experiment worked out. Now I know how Mrs. Curie felt...(what could go wrong)?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    mondays are bad enough without having to worry about how the great mulch experiment worked out. Now I know how Mrs. Curie felt...(what could go wrong)?
    Fantastic! LTE delivers again!

I really want to start a “Playas you couldn’t help but like” thread on the main board and then list a bunch of under appreciated Mexican beaches.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I really want to start a “Playas you couldn’t help but like” thread on the main board and then list a bunch of under appreciated Mexican beaches.
    That made me guffaw, not chortle. Strong post.

And you're welcome?
    Meh, there are much worse songs I could have stuck in my head.

Meh, there are much worse songs I could have stuck in my head.
    It was in my head too. I opted for Tears for Fears during my walk today.

It was in my head too. I opted for Tears for Fears during my walk today.
    It reminded me of that House episode with Dave Matthews where Hugh Laurie played the opening piano part (complete with claps).

It reminded me of that House episode with Dave Matthews where Hugh Laurie played the opening piano part (complete with claps).
    I have never seen an episode of House, which I know is weird. I can't make myself watch medical shows, plus they take care of adults. And no one cares about adult. They are gross and have nasty toenails. Taking care of children is where it's at. Dave Matthews is the band I have seen most in my life however.