Page 2067 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 106715671967201720572065206620672068206920772117216725673067 ... LastLast
Results 41,321 to 41,340 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Oh man, Brandi is one of the best things going right now. Singer/songwriter with pipes for days and a deep sense of empathy and reflection in her music. Fantastic touring ensemble as well. She's at the very top of my wife and I's list of "do not miss these performers when they come to town."
    that is an absolutely haunting rendition. Fabulous. Thank you for sharing.

500 pushups in five sets and a personal best 120-in set number four. Terry Gross, Michael Barbaro and Brandi Carlile taking me home for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    500 pushups in five sets and a personal best 120-in set number four. Terry Gross, Michael Barbaro and Brandi Carlile taking me home for the win.
    Great job! It's amazing what the right music can do for your mood and performance in a workout. Shuffle pulled a great sequence to get me across the finish line this morning, and it was one of those sessions where I just went to church.

Great job! It's amazing what the right music can do for your mood and performance in a workout. Shuffle pulled a great sequence to get me across the finish line this morning, and it was one of those sessions where I just went to church.
    When I started this it took me 14 sets to get through 500. I thought maybe I could get to a point where I could get through it in 6 but I never thought 5 was possible. I don't think playlists matter too much to me really though. I'm just as angry listening to Brandi Carlile as I am listening to Rage Against the Machine.

When I started this it took me 14 sets to get through 500. I thought maybe I could get to a point where I could get through it in 6 but I never thought 5 was possible. I don't think playlists matter too much to me really though. I'm just as angry listening to Brandi Carlile as I am listening to Rage Against the Machine.
    Haha, well it does take all kinds of people...
    I cried on the treadmill this morning, out of exhaustion and satisfaction and reflectiveness and gratitude and contentment and all of it. Like I said, I went to church at the gym today.

Haha, well it does take all kinds of people...
    I cried on the treadmill this morning, out of exhaustion and satisfaction and reflectiveness and gratitude and contentment and all of it. Like I said, I went to church at the gym today.
    Nice. Good work man!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Oh man, Alphaville's Forever Young album was one of my go to driving in the car albums for most of the '80s and '90s.

Brandi Carlile's cover is great. Here's the original. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1TcDHrkQYg (Alphaville was a West German band and the song is about living in Germany during the Cold War.)

you may all Hail Budwom, King of Meat after a $600, twenty minute scamper in Costco (they still have geezer hours)! $190 for a big pile of Prime filet mignons, a nice brick of lamb chops. Holiday weekend, ya know.

Her Brandi-ness was up here two years ago in a beautiful, small setting (Shelburne Museum) and got in one song before the lightning shut things down.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    you may all Hail Budwom, King of Meat after a $600, twenty minute scamper in Costco (they still have geezer hours)! $190 for a big pile of Prime filet mignons, a nice brick of lamb chops. Holiday weekend, ya know.

Her Brandi-ness was up here two years ago in a beautiful, small setting (Shelburne Museum) and got in one song before the lightning shut things down.
    How does that square with the mulch? King of the M&M?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    How does that square with the mulch? King of the M&M?
    The last vestige of The Great Mulch Pile disappeared a few days ago, I'd been holding a cubic yard in reserve for new plant acquisitions*...now I'm King of Meat and Mowing!

* including the area around my mother in law's plaster head sitting on a pine stump.

The last vestige of The Great Mulch Pile disappeared a few days ago, I'd been holding a cubic yard in reserve for new plant acquisitions*...now I'm King of Meat and Mowing!

* including the area around my mother in law's plaster head sitting on a pine stump.
    I am the Sultan of the Checkbook. I am very liberal with my wife's money.

Do you guys have some weird ritual where you dance around it wearing nothing but leaves?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Do you guys have some weird ritual where you dance around it wearing nothing but leaves?
    What are the leaves for?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What are the leaves for?
    Tea.

Tea.
    Oh, that makes a lot more sense. Very utilitarian.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Oh, that makes a lot more sense. Very utilitarian.
    Yes. Mr Wom (I want to call him Bud but seems presumptuous unless he says it's ok) is quite adept at multitasking.

Yes. Mr Wom (I want to call him Bud but seems presumptuous unless he says it's ok) is quite adept at multitasking.
    Bud is fine! Mrs. Womble and I haven't had a chance to devise rituals vis a vis The Head, but we have some pals visiting on Monday, cocktails will be served, nothing like alcohol to ignite creativity.
    We have had a few delivery people look at the head and quickly glance away, I guess it creeps them out (which is why we have it outside, and not in our house). It has a definite Stephen King vibe to it...

Bud is fine! Mrs. Womble and I haven't had a chance to devise rituals vis a vis The Head, but we have some pals visiting on Monday, cocktails will be served, nothing like alcohol to ignite creativity.
    We have had a few delivery people look at the head and quickly glance away, I guess it creeps them out (which is why we have it outside, and not in our house). It has a definite Stephen King vibe to it...
    We demand video!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    We demand video!
    And you take her demands lightly at your peril. We all know this.

Four more days.