Page 531 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3143148152152953053153253354158163110311531 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,620 of 67390
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

EarlJam is gone

Not only is his post gone, he is. He is not listed in the members list anymore. His last post count was at 4,371. He is listed as "On Holiday" on his posts that remain.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    The thread wasn't up long, but 30 minutes ago EarlJam posted a farewell thread. Seems as though he got tired of always being moderated, well, those he felt were unjustified (although many certainly were justified). Getting infracted (is that a word?) and sometimes banned also upset him. He asked that those that email with him to continue doing so.
    He knew the rules (as all of you guys do) and he got what he asked for...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    I didn't see anything offensive in his final post. It might have been critical, but everyone has to take criticism at times, even mods. You wouldn't be able to do good jobs if you didn't. If my boss fired me everytime I criticized him, I would have been out the door looooong ago. And often.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The thread wasn't up long, but 30 minutes ago EarlJam posted a farewell thread. Seems as though he got tired of always being moderated, well, those he felt were unjustified (although many certainly were justified). Getting infracted (is that a word?) and sometimes banned also upset him. He asked that those that email with him to continue doing so.
    While I haven't received any infraction points, yet, I'm sort of feeling the same way EJ does in terms of leaving the board. I don't dare write any criticisms, but will say I have been frustrated with some things going on and am not sure the neighborhood pub vision that was intended for the board, is shared by all on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    While I haven't received any infraction points, yet, I'm sort of feeling the same way EJ does in terms of leaving the board. I don't dare write any criticisms, but will say I have been frustrated with some things going on and am not sure the neighborhood pub vision that was intended for the board, is shared by all on the board.
    That's understandable. Not everyone is going to happy posting in the same place. Fortunately, there is a facebook group of which most of the frequent OTB posters are members. We would encourage you to gather there for discussions that might not fit the DBR mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    That's understandable. Not everyone is going to happy posting in the same place. Fortunately, there is a facebook group of which most of the frequent OTB posters are members. We would encourage you to gather there for discussions that might not fit the DBR mold.
    Well if that's the way the mods feel, maybe I should go!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Not only is his post gone, he is. He is not listed in the members list anymore. His last post count was at 4,371. He is listed as "On Holiday" on his posts that remain.
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    What SupaDave is alluding to is that EJ asked for the ban, the mods did not ban him. EJ asked me to pass that along to ya'll.

Geez...

What SupaDave is alluding to is that EJ asked for the ban, the mods did not ban him. EJ asked me to pass that along to ya'll.
    So here I go through my TuTh classes this morning, and do a quick check of things afterward, and look what I find. I have but ONE question:

What in the world is Omicron Persei 8?

First Fight Club, now this.

Sorry Sue, we'll miss you. Sorta got used to having you around recently, you've been here so often! I'm looking forward to Excellent Adventure Round Deux, Part 1 next bball season!

DiK, don't let Sue's absence prevent you from venturing east. Brunchgates will be going strong. And let me know how many Kansas tickets you'll want for our game there (via PM).
    My only hope is the 10/3 game at Cal, I mean home vs VT.

Won't know for a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    It is the homeland of Popplers.

Well if that's the way the mods feel, maybe I should go!
    I'm not trying to suggest you shouldn't post on the DBR. I'm just saying that some of the more fanciful topics that have been showing up on the OTB over the last 6-8 months that end up getting deleted or closed might find a better home on the facebook group.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    I'm not trying to suggest you shouldn't post on the DBR. I'm just saying that some of the more fanciful topics that have been showing up on the OTB over the last 6-8 months that end up getting deleted or closed might find a better home on the facebook group.
    So how far off-topic is too off-topic for the off-topic board?

The Omicronians attacking Monument Beach.

So here I go through my TuTh classes this morning, and do a quick check of things afterward, and look what I find. I have but ONE question:

First Fight Club, now this.
    It is the homeland of Popplers.
    Futurama, episode 12
    Attached Images Attached Images

So how far off-topic is too off-topic for the off-topic board?
    Think of a box. A sand box if you will. Thinking outside the box is okay. Burning the box and dancing around naked is near the edge of too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Think of a box. A sand box if you will. Thinking outside the box is okay. Burning the box and dancing around naked is near the edge of too far.
    Is it OK if we are streaking?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Oh yes, they call him the streak . . .

Only if Clemson beats the tarheels in c-h*ll.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Oh yes, they call him the streak . . .
    Look at that, look at that . . .

Wink Is this fanciful enough?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Fastest thing on two feet...

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Fastest thing on two feet...
    Don't look Ethyl!