Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Hey, I played awful on men's day -- near the bottom of the standings. But I won "closest to the pin" with my only good shot. Made money.
    Virtual closest to the pin Zporkz!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Hey, I played awful on men's day -- near the bottom of the standings. But I won "closest to the pin" with my only good shot. Made money.
    It only takes one good shot to bring you back.
    But I measure the success of my day by whether I come back with as many (or, better yet, more) balls than I started with.

LPGA finished 2nd round earlier today. Boutier in 4th, Belac in 6th and both Liu and Duncan in 16th place. Leona sitting this one out.

Nice contingent of Duke pros entered in next week's John Deere tourney, Kevin Streelman, Wes Roach, Ryan Blaum, and Adam Long. And, in the Korn Ferry in Colorado Max Greyserman will play. He has slipped to #42 now on The 25 hunt. Also, in the fledgling Forme Tour Alex Smalley in #6 now. The top five advance to the Korn Ferry at the end of the schedule in Sept.

In addition to Streelman, Roach, Blaum, and Long, Alex Smalley was a Monday qualifier and will play tomorrow at the John Deere. Quite a Duke contingent. Also, Chandler Eaton ('20) was a Monday qualifier and will play as well as Greyserman in the Korn Ferry in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    In addition to Streelman, Roach, Blaum, and Long, Alex Smalley was a Monday qualifier and will play tomorrow at the John Deere. Quite a Duke contingent. Also, Chandler Eaton ('20) was a Monday qualifier and will play as well as Greyserman in the Korn Ferry in Colorado.
    Guess this means Streelman not playing in The Open next week.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Guess this means Streelman not playing in The Open next week.
    Streels is in the field for The Open. See the list here.

There's usually a charter flight from the John Deere Open to the UK. The tournament this year is at Royal St. George's in Kent, southeast of London.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Streels is in the field for The Open. See the list here.

There's usually a charter flight from the John Deere Open to the UK. The tournament this year is at Royal St. George's in Kent, southeast of London.
    Great to hear he’s playing; kind of surprised he’s not skipping this week. Seems like he hasn’t played in the Open regularly; of course, qualifying can be the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Great to hear he’s playing; kind of surprised he’s not skipping this week. Seems like he hasn’t played in the Open regularly; of course, qualifying can be the issue.
    Do participants in the Open Championship who are traveling to England from the US have to quarantine for 10 days? If not, why not? {So asks the guy who has to defer planning a 2022 trip to Scotland because of existing travel restrictions, at least until the restrictions change.}
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Do participants in the Open Championship who are traveling to England from the US have to quarantine for 10 days? If not, why not? {So asks the guy who has to defer planning a 2022 trip to Scotland because of existing travel restrictions, at least until the restrictions change.}
    Tidbits from a GolfWeek article in late June:
    While players are exempt from Britain’s mandatory quarantine, they will be required to provide a negative COVID test within 72 hours of entering the country and another on arrival at Royal St. George’s... Tests are required regardless of vaccination status. Players will not be allowed to visit restaurants, grocery stores or bars where they might mingle with the public...

They must stay in either an official hotel or in private self-catering homes with a maximum of four occupants, all four of whom must be part of the player’s support group—defined as caddies, coaches, medical support or translators.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Kevin Streelman tees off #10 at 07:45 EDT.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Kevin Streelman tees off #10 at 07:45 EDT.
    Alex Smalley also off this AM at 846 on #1 in the John Deere. Ryan Blaum (1:49), Adam Long (1:16) and Wes Roach (2:11) play this PM, all starting at #10.

Streels off to a slow start -- +2 after four holes.
    Sage Grouse

Unheralded Monday qualifier Alex Smalley led the Blue Devil contingent with a -4 and is tied for 12th. Wes Roach had a -3; Adam Long is -1; Ryan Blaum is even par; and Kevin Streelman is at +1.

My guess about the cut line tomorrow eve is -3.
    Sage Grouse

Wes Roach has birdied the first five holes on his second round moving to -8 and in the top 10 early on. He started on the back nine today.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Wes Roach has birdied the first five holes on his second round moving to -8 and in the top 10 early on. He started on the back nine today.
    Adam and Wes are in for the weekend at -7 and -6. Steels is even par and needs to make a charge to reach -3, the expected cut line.

Alex Smalley at -4 has just teed off on #1.
    Sage Grouse

Adam and Wes are in for the weekend at -7 and -6. Steels is even par and needs to make a charge to reach -3, the expected cut line.

Alex Smalley at -4 has just teed off on #1.
    Alex Smalley (-8), Adam Long (-7) and Wes Roach (-6) make the cut. Ryan Blaum and Streelman sit this weekend. As noted above, Streels is playing in The Open next week.
    Sage Grouse

Alex Smalley (-8), Adam Long (-7) and Wes Roach (-6) make the cut. Ryan Blaum and Streelman sit this weekend. As noted above, Streels is playing in The Open next week.
    Well, I guess streels can get across the ocean earlier than planned and get over his jet lag.

So we have Smalley, Roach, and Long playing the John Deere weekend and Greyserman (67,70), Eaton (67,72) making the cut in the Korn Ferry.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    So we have Smalley, Roach, and Long playing the John Deere weekend and Greyserman (67,70), Eaton (67,72) making the cut in the Korn Ferry.
    And Mina Harigue (who played fewer matches than Jalen Johnson played games at Duke) is in 2nd place after 2 rounds of LPGA.

Adam Long has a great round going today. He is -7 through 16 holes and a co-leader at -14 overall.
    Bob Green