Page 1983 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 98314831883193319731981198219831984198519932033208324832983 ... LastLast
Results 39,641 to 39,660 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    at least if it's Carlyle Group you might get a nice Duke sticker for your troubles.
    In my most recent job search, I interviewed with a Carlyle holding and had to interview with a Carlyle advisor, in addition to the executive leading the function. That person apparently did not like me. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I read the book - I saw every plot twist coming a mile away. And I mean every, single, one.
    Yeah, I read a couple of her other books and they were actually better. Equally screwed up, but better.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Where were you sitting? A drive-in?
    IIRC, it was a beach read.

Does anyone really like Fritos?

They always feel like a consolation prize. I guess if you had a good dip, they might be an okay delivery method.

They always feel like a consolation prize. I guess if you had a good dip, they might be an okay delivery method.
    Agreed, and the flavored ones are even worse. The chili cheese ones taste and smell like vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    IIRC, it was a beach read.
    I haven't been to the beach in a long time.

C’mon, you know I was born and raised in Texas.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I haven't been to the beach in a long time.
    I haven't either but I read the book awhile ago and by "beach read", I can also mean "summer vacation with no beach in sight" read.

Fritos rock.

Frito Pies in Santa Fe rock.

Ymm, Fritos.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Fritos rock.

Ymm, Fritos.
    I'd rather just have nachos.

I had a bag of fritos, they were Texas Grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. Hell yeah, reminds me of
    something, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on, better flip that Frito, dad, you know
    how I like mine.
    --Mitch Hedberg

Fritos rock.

Ymm, Fritos.
    I also love Fritos. Like crunchy Cheetos, they are an excellent salt delivery system. Because of that, neither snack can be eaten in large quantities, however, and I've never taken to Frito pie. The pie tends to makes the Fritos soggy, which defeats half the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Agreed, and the flavored ones are even worse. The chili cheese ones taste and smell like vomit.
    the honey BBQ are tasty. The plain ones can be useful when crumbled and sprinkled over certain dishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I also love Fritos. Like crunchy Cheetos, they are an excellent salt delivery system. Because of that, neither snack can be eaten in large quantities, however, and I've never taken to Frito pie. The pie tends to makes the Fritos soggy, which defeats half the purpose.
    were I religious, my communion service would involve crunchy Cheetos for sure, that and I guess beer.

by the way, mulching operations have resumed!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    by the way, mulching operations have resumed!
    Able to break through the picket lines?

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    My wife and I used to frequent (weekly almost, pre-kid) Asheville Pizza and Brewing, where they do late run movies for $3 and you can enjoy your pizza and suds (should I cross-post this?) while you watch. I took her to see Gone Girl, thinking I had done a great "husband" thing because I assumed it was a RomCom. I assumed that because one of her friends had loaned her the book, which I had seen on her book shelf - my wife didn't know anything about the plot either.

Wow.

That's some movie to see TOTALLY unaware of the plot. I think our mouths were agape the entire time. We still laugh about it!
    Can't wait for their theater to reopen! I used to be there 3+ times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Can't wait for their theater to reopen! I used to be there 3+ times a week.
    I bet we've imbibed close to one another on at least one occasion. We should finally do that Asheville meet-up for vaccinated DBR folks. We could even go to that brewery that starts with a Z that you're trying to keep quiet; I still haven't checked it off my list.

My wife and I went to watch a movie at Asheville Pizza at least 3x/month, but then the movies that they were showing stopped being on our "want to watch" list. Then the kiddo came in late 2018, which put the kibosh on our near-weekly visits.

We did get takeout from there once during the past year. The Shear Delight pizza is our go-to; it was quite nostalgic!

Able to break through the picket lines?
    labor issues have been sorted out, some cheetos, beer, a few backslaps and everyone is back to work...

Fritos rock.

Ymm, Fritos.
    Fritos with chili!

There better be something more than atta boys when I’m done with that push-up challenge.