Page 1947 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 94714471847189719371945194619471948194919571997204724472947 ... LastLast
Results 38,921 to 38,940 of 67399
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Murder? Hit submit too soon. I use breathe right strips.
    No dice. She snorts in the face of Breathe Rights.

Murder? Hit submit too soon. I use breathe right strips.
    Breathe right strips - fun Biking Across Kansas (BAK) memory. On BAK, you would either sleep in the gym with several hundred of your closest friends or tent outside the school (my favorite option). On night a friend got to her sleeping bag and found a Breathe right strip on it. She never did find out who put it there and if it was actually intended for her or not. Thanks for bringing this chuckle (chortle?) to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Breathe right strips - fun Biking Across Kansas (BAK) memory. On BAK, you would either sleep in the gym with several hundred of your closest friends or tent outside the school (my favorite option). On night a friend got to her sleeping bag and found a Breathe right strip on it. She never did find out who put it there and if it was actually intended for her or not. Thanks for bringing this chuckle (chortle?) to mind.
    Definitely a chortle.

I can't wear Breathe Rights. My nose is too small. I tried children's-sized, but they stopped making them, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Definitely a chortle.

I can't wear Breathe Rights. My nose is too small. I tried children's-sized, but they stopped making them, I think.
    So a small nose is NOT my problems. I did wear a breathe right strip at the beach 2 years ago after a sun burn AND IT PULLED THE FREAKING SKIN OFF MY NOSE!!!!!! I bled like crazy and had a huge, breathe right-shaped raw sore on my nose for 2 weeks. I don't exactly need to draw more attention to it.

So a small nose is NOT my problems. I did wear a breathe right strip at the beach 2 years ago after a sun burn AND IT PULLED THE FREAKING SKIN OFF MY NOSE!!!!!! I bled like crazy and had a huge, breathe right-shaped raw sore on my nose for 2 weeks. I don't exactly need to draw more attention to it.
    The nose knows.

...I bled like crazy and had a huge, breathe right-shaped raw sore on my nose for 2 weeks. I don't exactly need to draw more attention to it.
    Did you at least tell people it was a battle axe wound?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Did you at least tell people it was a battle axe wound?
    Ha! Now you tell me.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    When I had to be in a walking boot for 6 weeks, I always told the truth

Other person: What did you do to your leg?

Me: Stress fracture from running the Boston Marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    When I had to be in a walking boot for 6 weeks, I always told the truth

Other person: What did you do to your leg?

Me: Stress fracture from running the Boston Marathon.
    Well yeah. Of course you did. Because that is cool.

I also have a scar on my head from getting in an Uber with work colleagues and slicing my head wide open on the DVD player. I am accident prone. I would be ok with that if I were taller.

Had a video conference with the sophomore class advisor to help my youngest pick courses for junior year. He has finished his arts rotation requirements and wants to double up on history classes for next year. He will take Honors US History and his first choice of an elective is something called "Warmongers and Peacemakers". He plans to go for a Certificate of Distinction in history.

Instead of any more arts classes, he is doing something called media intern which involves taking pictures of activities at the school. I don't know if the school has a traditional yearbook, but if they do, I think yearbook photographer sums up what he's doing. Sounds like he plans to continue that as an activity option which is artsy enough for me.
    Last edited by Bostondevil; 04-14-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Yeah, I'm going with the crowd that while honesty is the best policy, a Breathe Right nasal strip as the source of an injury is indeed lame. I'm bound by the "honesty is the best policy" principle to say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Had a video conference with the sophomore class advisor to help my youngest pick courses for junior year. He has finished his arts rotation requirements and wants to double up on history classes for next year. He will take Honors US History and his first choice of an elective is something called "Warmongers and Peacemakers". He plans to go for a Certificate of Distinction in history.
    My concentration was the American Civil Rights Movement.

I also have a scar on my head from getting in an Uber with work colleagues and slicing my head wide open on the DVD player. I am accident prone. I would be ok with that if I were taller.
    Which seats have a DVD player? Ohhhh...the kiddi...seats.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yeah, I'm going with the crowd that while honesty is the best policy, a Breathe Right nasal strip as the source of an injury is indeed lame. I'm bound by the "honesty is the best policy" principle to say so.
    I support this. I told the truth, but all of my friends expect insanity when I am involved. So no penalty.

I am also a Duke Historian, emphasis on Asian History, ask me any question about sushi, anything.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Which seats have a DVD player? Ohhhh...the kiddi...seats.
    I know. Believe me. I know.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I am also a Duke Historian, emphasis on Asian History, ask me any question about sushi, anything.
    I had to memorize the order of the Chinese dynasties in either 7th or 8th grade. I no longer remember this information.

I know. People who have finished the Boston Marathon sometimes try to be humble about it, but really, we like telling everybody all the time that we've done it. It's a failing. I always somehow manage to mention that I've done it 5 times but then I get all humble and confess that I've only finished it 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Best sushi spot in the mid-Atlantic?