Page 1871 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 87113711771182118611869187018711872187318811921197123712871 ... LastLast
Results 37,401 to 37,420 of 67415
    First day back in the office in a couple of weeks, and I already have maskne popping up. Grrr!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My grandparents lived in Pawleys for almost 25 years. I did a lot of growing up there.
    I spent a summer there one week. I remember enjoying the results of the shrimping. Next family vacation was at Nags Head the following summer and then we moved to Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I can't believe Wilson hasn't given you props for this, yet.
    Lol, probably recognized my shameless pandering for votes.

The local grocery store chain has tied chocolate chips coupons to mixes for pancake and waffles. Their algorithm has figured me out.

Rainy day here. Kind of nice.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I can't believe Wilson hasn't given you props for this, yet.
    Can't spork or I would have.
    Muppet content always gets sporks from me.

Can't spork or I would have.
    Muppet content always gets sporks from me.
    I look remarkably like the Sam the Eagle according to at least one friend. He doesn't mean it as a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Did you install these programmable thermostats yourself(ves)? I can install ceiling fans, re-wire a lamp or light fixture and replace a light switch. I am trying to decide if I'm too stupid to be able to change my thermostats though. It is definitely in play.
    I installed one. The second was installed by our builder when we added the second floor. I also have a few light switches and a couple other modules in the system (insteon based).

It's a bit more hands-on to set up, but once going it's easy to work with - and not connected to any big company!

-jk

I look remarkably like the Sam the Eagle according to at least one friend. He doesn't mean it as a compliment.
    You're Matt Doherty?!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    You're Matt Doherty?!

-jk
    Heh, I was gonna make this joke too.

The anti-take-out-sushi crowd will be horrified to learn I’m having the last few rolls at lunch.

You're Matt Doherty?!

-jk
    My favorite UNC coach!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    The anti-take-out-sushi crowd will be horrified to learn I’m having the last few rolls at lunch.
    You monster.

You monster.
    Look who's talking:

Sushi, karaoke - I feel assimilated

Any home brewed sweet tea experts here? Otherwise, I'll revert to the scenario I saw play out a Bojangles one day when I lived in Charlotte. An employee of the store took the 5 lbs bag of sugar and dumped it into the silver bullet and began stirring.

You're Matt Doherty?!

-jk
    Beat me to the punch.

One of my favorite stories about D'oh: I was at Duke grad school when he was coach, and I was meeting a tar heel friend (yeah, yeah,I know) for dinner. I was making a left onto Franklin St. and had to do it slowly because of pedestrians. The pedestrian directly before me? That's right, Coach Doherty. I gladly protected him by stopping in the intersection. He was a national treasure.

I believe that was during the 8-20 season. When I told my tar heel friend, he said I should have run him over.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Any home brewed sweet tea experts here? Otherwise, I'll revert to the scenario I saw play out a Bojangles one day when I lived in Charlotte. An employee of the store took the 5 lbs bag of sugar and dumped it into the silver bullet and began stirring.
    Luzianne tea bags. Only Luzianne. Exactly 9 bags in a clear one-gallon jar (I use an old pickle jar). Not 8 bags, not 10 bags. 9 bags. Stir in sugar to taste (I like it on the light end so like 1/2 cup for a gallon of water). Set it in the sun until it turns the right color.
    I swear this technique is just *different.*

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Beat me to the punch.
    Oh no, another boxer?

Luzianne tea bags. Only Luzianne. Exactly 9 bags in a clear one-gallon jar (I use an old pickle jar). Not 8 bags, not 10 bags. 9 bags. Stir in sugar to taste (I like it on the light end so like 1/2 cup for a gallon of water). Set it in the sun until it turns the right color.
    I swear this technique is just *different.*
    Don Meredith would not be happy! No sun today. I'll need to find a container that large.