Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I also have to ask, is survivor football really degenerate?

I'm in. First time degenerate.

If I last the first week I'll consider myself lucky.

I take it you have to have a yahoo account to play?

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Yes. I have a Yahoo email account that I've used for over 20 years at this point but I believe you can create a Yahoo account using any email address. All my fantasy football leagues play Yahoo (I used to play baseball and basketball leagues and they were Yahoo as well).

Of course if you do create it with a Yahoo email address it would be easy to use that address for just the sports fantasy games.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I mean, there has to be some way for you to log on and make your picks, so yes.

And this is my annual request for folks to name your team with something that will allow us to know who is who. So far, looks like folks are doing a good job of this but everty year we get a few names that are a total mystery. It is more fun when I know who I am talking to when I taunt you for your lousy picks.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

And this is my annual request for folks to name your team with something that will allow us to know who is who. So far, looks like folks are doing a good job of this but everty year we get a few names that are a total mystery. It is more fun when I know who I am talking to when I taunt you for your lousy picks.
    I used my imagination and named my team "elvis14" in both of the survivor leagues :-)

As usual, my teams are called "Statler" and "Waldorf."

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I've seen detergents that leave a better film than this!

What's the deadline for picks? It said somewhere Sunday at 1:00 but that wouldn't work with Thursday night games. So today at 1:00? Or does it just not allow you to pick games that have happened?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    What's the deadline for picks? It said somewhere Sunday at 1:00 but that wouldn't work with Thursday night games. So today at 1:00? Or does it just not allow you to pick games that have happened?
    I think you can pick on Sunday but it just means that you give up having tonight's game as an option to pick.

Renamed my entries to comply with the request. Evidently, renaming is easy. Could not find a way to do that with the Basketball Entry each year though.

Larry
    DevilHorse

So I just looked at this weeks' matchups. Most weeks, especially early in the season, this game is easy. Pick a blow out and don't look back. I don't know why but looking at this week, it seems like there are a lot of games that I'm like "who knows".

And then 20% of the picks have been for the Bills, one of those teams that you hope you never have to use (like the Browns, Bengals, Jets).

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    So I just looked at this weeks' matchups. Most weeks, especially early in the season, this game is easy. Pick a blow out and don't look back. I don't know why but looking at this week, it seems like there are a lot of games that I'm like "who knows".

And then 20% of the picks have been for the Bills, one of those teams that you hope you never have to use (like the Browns, Bengals, Jets).
    I agree...I think there figures to be significantly more unpredictability and flux in this NFL season than in most years. The only sure thing in either conference, to my eyes, is the Chiefs.

I agree...I think there figures to be significantly more unpredictability and flux in this NFL season than in most years. The only sure thing in either conference, to my eyes, is the Chiefs.
    I don't care that they finally won the Super Bowl - I'm starting the season out thinking of them as the chefs. The will have to earn the C and the i. The 1980s are still in my head.

I'm in - thanks, Wilson, for this valuable community service. My names were not very creatvie. You should be able to flame people without penalty during the length of your tenure as Commish!! Ok, here we go, Steelers!! Got LOmbardis??
    "Quality is not an option!"

I’m in. My creativity kicked into overdrive and selected Bob Green as my user name.
    Bob Green

25% of our field in grave danger right now with the Colts trailing the Jaguars late.

25% of our field in grave danger right now with the Colts trailing the Jaguars late.
    It is a final now. Jaguars win.
    Bob Green

Bob Green with the crash & burn Week 1. San Francisco let me down.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    It is a final now. Jaguars win.
    ...and down go the 49ers as well. 38% of the No-strikes field has been eliminated after one game.