Page 2132 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 113216322032208221222130213121322133213421422182223226323132 ... LastLast
Results 42,621 to 42,640 of 67666
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yes. Paddies has been reading up on the surgery and decided it makes the most sense. He's at high risk for a second collapsed lung if they don't do the surgery. He's all gung ho to get 'er done so he can start recovering. I'm going up there on Monday. He will likely be discharged on Tuesday. I'm staying until Thursday, if he isn't ready to be left alone by Thursday, I'm bringing him back to MA with me to recover and I'll take him back up to Vermont when he's ready, or not, or maybe we'll just go back up to pack up the apartment. TBD. I'll be spending lots of time in Vermont this summer one way or another.
    We're thinking about him!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Yep. The South Florida beaches on the Gulf side, the Everglades, and the Keys are heavenly. But, like, Ocala is the WORST.

My wife went to college in St. Louis and still has a good number of friends there, so I’ve spent a good bit of time in Missouri over the last decade. St. Louis is a very cool town but definitely one of neighborhoods that is best experienced alongside a local.
    Iowa has some beautiful parts to drive…the rolling hills just alongside the western side of the Mississippi with the hundreds of silos and stuff are beautiful real-life versions of storybook farms.

We went on a fall road trip to Delaware a few years back to cross it off. We were in Rehoboth Beach in October, so it was offseason but we still had fun. Particularly enjoyed an afternoon at the Dogfish Head brewpub.
    I know Florida earns its reputation by and large, but why the hate particularly for Ocala? There's some beautiful places there, especially Juniper Springs. Take your canoe on an easy seven mile drift past dozens of gators. What better way to spend an afternoon?

Who doesn't love Weeki Wachee, Home of Live Mermaids?

That was difficult to watch...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I know Florida earns its reputation by and large, but why the hate particularly for Ocala? There's some beautiful places there, especially Juniper Springs. Take your canoe on an easy seven mile drift past dozens of gators. What better way to spend an afternoon?
    My hate for Ocala is strictly for its roads. Headed back up from Ft Myers or the Keys or wherever, there is never not an hour-long traffic jam in Ocala.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My hate for Ocala is strictly for its roads. Headed back up from Ft Myers or the Keys or wherever, there is never not an hour-long traffic jam in Ocala.
    Oh, that's fair.

Florida roads are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yes. Paddies has been reading up on the surgery and decided it makes the most sense. He's at high risk for a second collapsed lung if they don't do the surgery. He's all gung ho to get 'er done so he can start recovering. I'm going up there on Monday. He will likely be discharged on Tuesday. I'm staying until Thursday, if he isn't ready to be left alone by Thursday, I'm bringing him back to MA with me to recover and I'll take him back up to Vermont when he's ready, or not, or maybe we'll just go back up to pack up the apartment. TBD. I'll be spending lots of time in Vermont this summer one way or another.
    Just my 2 cents, bring him home for a few days. A short change of scenery will do him some good and allow him to break free of any thought spirals he might have going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Oh, that's fair.

Florida roads are the worst.
    Between Tampa and Orlando…

(Shudders)

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    That was difficult to watch...
    Oh yeah? What was?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Oh yeah? What was?
    All the freshmen pitching for Vandy yesterday in the CWS. They were not up to the moment. Plus the hitting and defense weren't great either. Hopefully, they all show up today. Plus of course, I wasn't wearing my undefeated Vandy shorts last night. So, of course, I'm also to blame.

In contrast to last night, Kumar Rocker usually is up to the moment. And I guess I'll be doing laundry today.

Phase One of the standby generator installation has commenced! This will be a saga.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    All the freshmen pitching for Vandy yesterday in the CWS. They were not up to the moment. Plus the hitting and defense weren't great either. Hopefully, they all show up today. Plus of course, I wasn't wearing my undefeated Vandy shorts last night. So, of course, I'm also to blame.

In contrast to last night, Kumar Rocker usually is up to the moment. And I guess I'll be doing laundry today.
    Omaha. Blech.

Actually, downtown has pepped up.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Phase One of the standby generator installation has commenced! This will be a saga.
    How so? Enquiring minds want to know!

-jk

Omaha. Blech.

Actually, downtown has pepped up.
    Heading there next week to do a lecture for physicians at Methodist Children's Hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Pouring a concrete pad for it?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Note: I did not say I hated Florida. The question asked for a least favorite state. Granted there are still 11 states that I have not yet visited, but I will probably try to knock all of them off before I go back to Florida. I have no reason to go to Florida at the moment and there are many other places I would like to see for the first time before I would put Florida on the list as a vacation destination. So, all things considered, it's my least favorite state. That doesn't mean I hate it, but I ain't staying in a high rise near the beach down there ever.

Who doesn't love Weeki Wachee, Home of Live Mermaids?
    How did I miss this post?! Live mermaids, you say?!?! Excuse me, I have an urgent matter to tend to…

How did I miss this post?! Live mermaids, you say?!?! Excuse me, I have an urgent matter to tend to…
    https://weekiwachee.com/

Voila!

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    As with many things these days, the supply chain is busted. Got a quote for a generator a month ago, but who knows when the contractor will get the actual unit from Generac? He ordered dozens of them late last year, they still haven't arrived...in theory I get one when they come in. August? September? Who knows? Today they just did the electrical work, put a big electrical box next to my meter.
    No concrete pad per se, they dug a hole, but in a bunch of crushed stone, hope that suffices.

Phase Two will involve actually installing the unit.

And of course all of this is dependent upon Phase Three, getting the propane company to delivery and install a sufficiently large tank (estimating what is needed has become something of a mathematical black hole).

We bought new living room furniture on December 14, 2020, and we still don't have it...we're told it will ship "soon" from a state that begins with an "I," how's that for specificity?

I wanna be where the people are
    I wanna see, wanna see them dancin'
    Walking around on those - what do you call 'em?
    Oh - feet!