Page 2130 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 113016302030208021202128212921302131213221402180223026303130 ... LastLast
Results 42,581 to 42,600 of 67370
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    1. How early is early is a good question.
    2. The chest tube issue sounds like a positioning issue to me.
    So you're saying bring him to Mass General and quit letting the docs at UVM muck it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    So you're saying bring him to Mass General and quit letting the docs at UVM muck it up?
    does he need a ride to Dartmouth? I wish I could say better things about UVM Med Ctr these days, however...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    how early is early?
    First one water broke at 32 and delivered at 33. He’s been fine but spent 3 weeks in the ICN first.
    Would like to avoid that excitement this time.

Get him where he’ll get the best care!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Get him where he’ll get the best care!
    There are a lot of very good docs at UVM, but by and large the Med Center has a Can't Do attitude...no one taking charge of patients, just letting things drag on and on. Most tellingly, folks who work there will tell you the same thing. When my wife needed a shiny new hip, we endured several (3) completely useless appointments at UVM before we set sail for Dartmouth, where crisp professionalism is everywhere. It was like night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    The heat is sort of weird. If you are in the sun then it is absolutely shocking and somehow the sun feels hotter here than at home. But in the shade 100° sort of feels like 85. You could reasonably sit outside and not sweat if you were in the shade.
    right now Portland is 109 degrees, but only 18% humidity, so the dew point is only 58, which isn't bad at all...our dew point right now is a soppy 74, very NC-esque.

right now Portland is 109 degrees, but only 18% humidity, so the dew point is only 58, which isn't bad at all...our dew point right now is a soppy 74, very NC-esque.
    Going to be a bad fire season.

My bestie in medicine is at Boston Children's and another dear friend is at Dartmouth Hitchcock. Great places. I am in the extremely aggressive wing of medical practitioners. I find there is a group that mistranslates "First do no harm" as "First do nothing".

Jay Williams is wearing a suit that intentionally exposes his bare ankles on NBA Countdown. They're in between capris and pants. Papris...is that a thing? I think I'd get made fun of if I posted about this in the main board NBA Playoffs thread.

Jay Williams is wearing a suit that intentionally exposes his bare ankles on NBA Countdown. They're in between capris and pants. Papris...is that a thing? I think I'd get made fun of if I posted about this in the main board NBA Playoffs thread.
    Didn't see it, but I'm a proponent of the man-pris. I have more than one pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Didn't see it, but I'm a proponent of the man-pris. I have more than one pair.
    In suit form? These weren't quite like capris/manpris. More like the below...not a fan in formal wear.

cropped-suit-960x580.jpg

Don't think we aren't judging you right now

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Don't think we aren't judging you right now
    The more I stare at those pictures the more confident I am: suits that expose ankle are silly.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    There are a lot of very good docs at UVM, but by and large the Med Center has a Can't Do attitude...no one taking charge of patients, just letting things drag on and on. Most tellingly, folks who work there will tell you the same thing. When my wife needed a shiny new hip, we endured several (3) completely useless appointments at UVM before we set sail for Dartmouth, where crisp professionalism is everywhere. It was like night and day.
    Since getting up there before next Monday will be challenging for me, I'm perfectly fine with them dilly-dallying all week and then doing the surgery on Friday. Surgery is looking very likely.

Since getting up there before next Monday will be challenging for me, I'm perfectly fine with them dilly-dallying all week and then doing the surgery on Friday. Surgery is looking very likely.
    We'll be sending our best thoughts his way...

We'll be sending our best thoughts his way...
    Yes indeed.

In suit form? These weren't quite like capris/manpris. More like the below...not a fan in formal wear.

cropped-suit-960x580.jpg
    Um, just . . . no.

Crossed off state #47 (Arkansas) today. Onward to #48 (Oklahoma) in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Crossed off state #47 (Arkansas) today. Onward to #48 (Oklahoma) in the morning.
    Fun! I crossed off 44 with Oregon last week. Back into DC to visit a friend in town who lives in Africa.

Wisconsin, North Dakota and Hawaii