Page 910 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 410810860900908909910911912920960101014101910 ... LastLast
Results 18,181 to 18,200 of 67390
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    They have stooped to mocking the LTE in that other thread.
    I think it's just BandAlum. Been doing that for awhile. 7 more days. Then they need to shut it down. Or open the PPB boards again.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Eating it all yourself, eh?

Too many leftovers the last few years. Which, yes, equaled me eating it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    What's the worst movie you saw in the theater? Extra points if you walked out.
    Keeping up with the Joneses.

I did walk out of a film in the 90s. I've long since forgotten its name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I think it's just BandAlum. Been doing that for awhile. 7 more days. Then they need to shut it down. Or open the PPB boards again.
    This one was CameronBlu(name modified to protect the innocent).

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Apparently the cutoff for overhead projectors was circa 2005. That's when I graduated from high school and my teachers used them throughout middle and high school. Last year a teacher I work with who is maybe 4-5 years younger accidentally ordered wet erase (overhead) markers instead of dry erase markers, he had no idea what they were used for.
    Luckily he didn't order chalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    What's the worst movie you saw in the theater? Extra points if you walked out.
    I have walked out of two movies in my life. The first, Wizards of the Lost Kingdom, was truly terrible. My brother thought it was going to be a Legend knock off or something like that. I would have sat through it but he made me leave. I saw it on TV years later. It was poorly made, poorly acted but you could tell it was done on the cheap. So, I can't really say it was the worst because it had no aspirations above what it was.

The other movie that I walked out of was KickAss. I couldn't take that movie. A friend and I went to that as a Girl's Night Out. We thought it was a comedy. We left when they put the guy in the lifesize microwave. We'd already watched Nic Cage shoot his daughter and the main character get stabbed. It wasn't funny. (I would have walked out of Natural Born Killers for similar reasons but I didn't see that in the theater. It was a rental (VCR!) and I stopped it about 20 minutes in, rewound the tape, and took it back without finishing. So, although I hated KickAss and really, I kinda wonder about people who do find that funny, I'm not sure it was the worst movie.

I think the worst movie I ever saw in the theater, and I sat through the whole thing, was the remake of The Postman Always Rings Twice with Jack Nicholson and Jessica Lange. I wanted to walk out but my date wouldn't let me since he'd bought the tickets. Long time ago, I think I was in high school.

I also really hate West Side Story.

I tend to judge thinks more harshly when the results smack of self-indulgence. If you're cheap and you know you're cheap and you're making the best of what you've got, I'm more forgiving. Probably comes from years of doing theater on a shoestring.

I tried to find the mocking but I couldn't.

I believe the mocking is occurring. But I didn't find it.

Does anybody here tweet?

I have a twitter account. I do tweet every once in awhile.

Mostly about ice skating - either figure skating events or the Boston Bruins.

Douglas Razzano and Adam Rippon have retweeted me.

I don't name drop that nearly as much as I name drop about the time I got Norman Ramsey and Dudley Herschbach to talk all night about Shakespeare at a dinner party when I was seated at the same table with them.

I should be in bed.

I'm exhausted.

Halloween was pretty low key this year.

Only one kid still trick-or-treats but he's old enough to go with friends and no parents. So I stayed home and handed out the candy. I do have a shirt with a witch hat made out of sequins. I wore that. And a light up pumpkin necklace.

I ran a 5k race on Saturday. Costumes were encouraged. I ran in an orange tutu. I don't really like running in costumes but a tutu over running pants and an orange tech shirt - I can manage that.

I also found this headband at the party store with a tiny witch hat on it. I wore that too. So, even though I didn't dress up and go out with the kids tonight. I did celebrate. At least a little bit.

Saturday was Hopedale. And the race course just nipped Milford.

I have now run road races in 26 different towns in Massachusetts. There are 351 - I've only got 325 to go!

I'm gonna try to get to 30 by New Year's Day.

But I'm not running one on Thanksgiving. It's too hard to get up, run a race, then come home and cook the whole meal.

And on Thanksgiving Day - I'm the only cook.

But I do think I'll run one that weekend. There's a race in Marblehead that Saturday.