Page 742 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 24264269273274074174274374475279284212421742 ... LastLast
Results 14,821 to 14,840 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Thank the team for me. The game and the outcome made my night. I kept looking for you in the crowd - but never caught you.

Duke beating Kansas and the UNLV beating UNC were great additions to the Thanksgiving weekend. There was a football game that also made the weekend great for me - but not so much for you.
    I'm not in the crowd in the first half- I'm working. I was there in the 2nd half but no way am I going to rush the court. I aint stupid.

FB was, well, what it was. 3 teams lost, 1 team won, and 1 absolutely kicked arse.

All in all, I'm way way way happy with the weekend.

DiK, sorry about the chefs last night. They played the Steelers pretty tough, though.
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    DiK, sorry about the chefs last night. They played the Steelers pretty tough, though.

Since I've been a Steelers fan since the Chuck Noll days, it wasn't all bad. I've even had the opportunity to try on a Super Bowl ring from their first Super Bowl.

We celebrated a milestone birthday for my brother-in-law this weekend. His sons, brother, and 3 grandkids came to town to help celebrate. The big surprise was the extra guest Friday night - my sister flew in from PA. What a great weekend. There is nothing better than a hug from a 4 year old! I love my family!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Although interest has waned, we are approaching the 4th anniversary. Sometimes we have dropped to page 2, but never for long and never to page 3. Congratulations everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Although interest has waned, we are approaching the 4th anniversary. Sometimes we have dropped to page 2, but never for long and never to page 3. Congratulations everybody!
    And a big thank you to you for starting this thread.

Angry

I've started dozens of threads that are tied for "shortest thread ever" because no one responded. Where's the love for that?!?

Feh.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I've started dozens of threads that are tied for "shortest thread ever" because no one responded. Where's the love for that?!?

Feh.

Thank you for starting those short threads. They are always appreciated - even if they are never read.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Thank you for starting those short threads. They are always appreciated - even if they are never read.
    Most of my best work is left on the digital cutting room floor. C'est la vie.

Anyway, what's everyone want for Christmas/Hanukkah/Festivus?

Lumpy mashed potatoes, what else could anyone possibly want?

Time with family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Lumpy mashed potatoes, what else could anyone possibly want?
    They're on the way. Need to send them before the price of a stamp goes up Jan. 1st.

They're on the way. Need to send them before the price of a stamp goes up Jan. 1st.
    The gravy will be delayed as Mrs. DD will not start holiday cooking until December 24 and the leftover Thanksgiving gravy is now Christmas colored.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    The gravy will be delayed as Mrs. DD will not start holiday cooking until December 24 and the leftover Thanksgiving gravy is now Christmas colored.
    You had leftover gravy? Mine was gone before the cranberry sauce lost its can-shape.

Please thank Mrs. dd for the gravy, and same to you DinK.

I hate being sick. Day 2 and counting.

You had leftover gravy? Mine was gone before the cranberry sauce lost its can-shape.
    Do you stay up all night, like I do, carving your cranberry sauce into the shape of a can?
    Friends see it on the table and are so overtaken with the awe of it's irresistable artistic essence that they are afraid to eat any. I suppose they think it would be like drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Do you stay up all night, like I do, carving your cranberry sauce into the shape of a can?
    Friends see it on the table and are so overtaken with the awe of it's irresistable artistic essence that they are afraid to eat any. I suppose they think it would be like drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa.
    Did you mean this?

41YJF7YWZ6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    I'm not that skilled. I bought a can-shaped pile a few years ago, and just bring it out every year.

Going to get The Fruit Cake out of the attic now.

(Actually, listening to Robert Earl Keen's "Merry Christmas from the Family" -- now I'm finally in the spirit!)

I'm not that skilled. I bought a can-shaped pile a few years ago, and just bring it out every year.
    Seriously, what is wrong with you people? Cranberry sauce is about the easiest thing to make ever. Can-shaped pile indeed! The nerve!
    You all need to come over to my house for the best darned turkey/gravy/fixins on the planet.
    If I do say so myself and I just did.

Sorry you're sick Sue!

My fruit cake is propping the front door from closing.

Damned mice won't even smell it.