Page 265 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 1652152552632642652662672753153657651265 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 67379
    Seriously...it was.

For real.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    See? I told you.
    Hey, I'm just doing my part to help educate the masses. Ranch dressing, that's the other key. Of course, almost everything is better with homemade ranch dressing. Not the bottled stuff - the Hidden Valley mix that you make fresh. Ymmm ... ranch dressing.

I was going to post more, but will have to stop now so that I can laugh at my status. How ideal to rest on 666 at Halloween!
    Last edited by ArkieDukie; 10-31-2008 at 07:37 AM. Reason: adding note

Smile The Archies

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Hey, I'm just doing my part to help educate the masses. Ranch dressing, that's the other key. Of course, almost everything is better with homemade ranch dressing. Not the bottled stuff - the Hidden Valley mix that you make fresh. Ymmm ... ranch dressing.

I was going to post more, but will have to stop now so that I can laugh at my status. How ideal to rest on 666 at Halloween!
    So is it possible that you're in St. Louis this weekend? I'll be sampling the Schlafly Tap Room and Ted Drewe's. I'm also on the brew run for devildeac.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    So is it possible that you're in St. Louis this weekend? I'll be sampling the Schlafly Tap Room and Ted Drewe's. I'm also on the brew run for devildeac.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    You're also on a brew run for CB&B 'cuz whatever you send back via the Mrs. devildeac interstate transport service will also makes its way to the NC coast via a future tailgate in exchange for some home brews.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You're also on a brew run for CB&B 'cuz whatever you send back via the Mrs. devildeac interstate transport service will also makes its way to the NC coast via a future tailgate in exchange for some home brews.
    In that case, will Mrs. devildeac be taking a big van?

Hey! I'm going to have to up my posting again!

Just got back from choir practice. No handbells tonight due to the fact that we had a big orchestra rehearsal for the big Service of Remembrance that we're doing with another church choir on Saturday night.

BTW, DiK, what bells do you play? I'm currently on middle C(4? 5?)/D. It's a bear of a part because it's split between treble clef and bass clef.
    Middle C is C5. Why can't they just break down and put them in the same clef? What I play depends on the song and how many ringers we have. Unfortunately, the number of ringers fluctuates and often is not enough. We have 5 octaves and haven't been able to ring them all in a few years. For Carol of the Bells, I'm playing A5 and we threw in a C4 for fun - very boring part. Other songs I have played F6 through C7.

Wilson - thank you for my chuckle this morning.

For real.

BOO!

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Smile Party dude ... NOT

So what am I supposed to say about the one person in the department who dresses up for Halloween?

At what age is it very uncool for a person to wear a costume?

Cheers,
    BZF

So what am I supposed to say about the one person in the department who dresses up for Halloween?

Cheers,
    BZF
    1. Why didn't I think of that?

2. Halloween should bring the kid out in all of us. I'd dress up, but it won't look very professional considering who I work for. Had I known this during the interview, I might have turned the job down. Okay, not really.

I am wearing my Halloween sweater, which happens to have a lot of Duke blue incorporated in it, and my Duke blue pumpkin is on my desk full of candy.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I am so here! The only item on my schedule is a big choir deal (a service of remembrance for All-Saint's Day) on Saturday. PM me and we can discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Middle C is C5. Why can't they just break down and put them in the same clef? What I play depends on the song and how many ringers we have. Unfortunately, the number of ringers fluctuates and often is not enough. We have 5 octaves and haven't been able to ring them all in a few years. For Carol of the Bells, I'm playing A5 and we threw in a C4 for fun - very boring part. Other songs I have played F6 through C7.
    I've played everything from F4 up to B5 at various times. This is the 2nd time I've been stuck with the split part, and it's annoying as all get-out. The director's response is that I should be able to handle it because I play piano.

Carol of the Bells is loads of fun and can be quite evil. My old choir played that last year, and I was playing air bells all the time to practice. I had a pretty key part of the melody, and timing was a bit tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie
    Is it too early for vibes, Cavlaw?
    Still too early, the website notes that they are still accepting applications, while received applications are under review. I take this to mean they haven't gotten as many applicants as they want, given that the listing was poster in mid-September.

Cheers,
    BZF
    A couple of jobs ago we had a Dress as your Favorite Element Day for National Chemistry Week. (This is back when I was in academics.) The faculty members dressed up, but we generally weren't as clever as the students. Two faves: one dressed as a grave digger (barium) and another put a road and cars on a shirt (rhodium). Good, clean, punny geek humor.

A couple of jobs ago we had a Dress as your Favorite Element Day for National Chemistry Week. (This is back when I was in academics.) The faculty members dressed up, but we generally weren't as clever as the students. Two faves: one dressed as a grave digger (barium) and another put a road and cars on a shirt (rhodium). Good, clean, punny geek humor.
    I like those costumes. They would fit with some that I have been reading about - I'm not clever enough to think of them on my own. A few samples:

Tape a quarter on your back - You're a Quarterback. If you tape a dollar to each ear as well, you are the Buccaneer's Quarterback.

If you are into math, cut out a pumpkin shape and write 3.14159265358979323846 on it. Tape it on your shirt and you are Pumpkin
    Pi(e).

It you are part of a group, all of you dress in green - You're Gang Green.

Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I like those costumes. They would fit with some that I have been reading about - I'm not clever enough to think of them on my own. A few samples:

Tape a quarter on your back - You're a Quarterback. If you tape a dollar to each ear as well, you are the Buccaneer's Quarterback.

If you are into math, cut out a pumpkin shape and write 3.14159265358979323846 on it. Tape it on your shirt and you are Pumpkin
    Pi(e).

It you are part of a group, all of you dress in green - You're Gang Green.

Have a great day.
    These are great! I went to a pumpkin carving party once with a group of academicians. One of the mathematicians carved a pi symbol out of his pumpkin - making, of course, a pumpkin pi. I thought it was hilarious.

Oh criminey! I just posted a whole new thread on Halloween, of course before reading the latest on this thread. I wish someone would go and delete that other thread (Mods: a serious hint here!! lol) and I'll just post the stuff here...

Check this out:
    http://www.cockeyed.com/archive/cand...andy_code.html

What is/was your candy code when you were just a little Dukemeister or Dukette?

Anyone have any great stories of their youth in treat or treating?

And by the way, Happy Halloween everyone! Hope your parties are hopping, your candy bags full and your hangovers easy!
    Last edited by knights68; 10-31-2008 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Added sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    Still too early, the website notes that they are still accepting applications, while received applications are under review. I take this to mean they haven't gotten as many applicants as they want, given that the listing was poster in mid-September.
    How about vibes for the process to speed up and go in your favor? I don't think there's a quota on vibes.