Page 1414 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 4149141314136414041412141314141415141614241464151419142414 ... LastLast
Results 28,261 to 28,280 of 67238
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I don't even use Uber! Although the last time I took a cab around here was a bad idea. I will at some point start using Lyft. I'm never gonna do Uber. The last time I was in NYC though, I took cabs everywhere. My friend who lives in the West 50s (I slept on her sofa bed) has converted to Uber but after taking cabs with me for a weekend said she might go back to using cabs as she found them easier to deal with than she remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Does garlic powder really go bad? Garlic cloves I understand...
    Spice expiration dates are more about flavor. The garlic powder won't be bad for you to eat from a health standpoint, but it might not take very much like garlic anymore.

I’m not getting into anyone else’s car for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Spice expiration dates are more about flavor. The garlic powder won't be bad for you to eat from a health standpoint, but it might not take very much like garlic anymore.
    I’m sure the garlic purists are upset that I even mentioned garlic powder.

I’m sure the garlic purists are upset that I even mentioned garlic powder.
    I'm not a purist. That said, life is too short to knit with acrylic.

I'm not a purist. That said, life is too short to knit with acrylic.
    The upside I guess is that every time the garbage can lid opens I get a burst of garlic smell.

Are you saying you threw out the garlic powder?

Are you saying you threw out the garlic powder?
    I have a much fresher batch. I have a Mexican Oregano plant in my yard. When I’m mowing I go over the branches that hang over and get a nice burst of oregano.

When I was a kid, we had a patch of wild mint plants growing in our backyard. Mowing over them always smelled so nice!

Not that I ever did the mowing, but it still smelled nice. We would open the sliding glass doors off the family room and let the scent of mint fill the room.

When I was a kid, we had a patch of wild mint plants growing in our backyard. Mowing over them always smelled so nice!
    I have a much fresher batch. I have a Mexican Oregano plant in my yard. When I’m mowing I go over the branches that hang over and get a nice burst of oregano.
    I don't get (have) to mow since I'm in a town home. I've planted stepables around my patio so that I get the scent when I walk around it, especially when working on the garden boxes. Corsican mint is my favorite - low ground cover with tiny leaves and a great mint scent.

I love the smell of basil after a good rainstorm. Heaven.

My little brother cracked the glass on said door one time by throwing a block at it (he was 3). It was a small crack and my parents left it. A couple of months later, my mom had some friends over and I was being shy hiding behind the curtains by the door. I decided it would be fun to see if I could swing on the curtains (I was 5), I grabbed hold, jumped, swung back and hit that crack smack in the middle. Next thing I know, I'm outside with a sliding glass door shattered all around me. Scared the (expletive deleted) out of my mother but I was not cut at all.

I don't even use Uber! Although the last time I took a cab around here was a bad idea. I will at some point start using Lyft. I'm never gonna do Uber. The last time I was in NYC though, I took cabs everywhere. My friend who lives in the West 50s (I slept on her sofa bed) has converted to Uber but after taking cabs with me for a weekend said she might go back to using cabs as she found them easier to deal with than she remembered.
    The one time I took a cab in Boston (from the airport), I swear my driver looked like a serial killer.

We’ve got basil and mint growing for use, not for mowing over.

Make a lot of minty lemonades during the summer. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I don't get (have) to mow since I'm in a town home. I've planted stepables around my patio so that I get the scent when I walk around it, especially when working on the garden boxes. Corsican mint is my favorite - low ground cover with tiny leaves and a great mint scent.
    I have told my husband many times that if anything ever happens to him, I'm going condo. I don't do yardwork. It's in the pre-nup. (We don't have a pre-nup, but we joke about it. His jobs are dealing with spiders and yardwork.)

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    The one time I took a cab in Boston (from the airport), I swear my driver looked like a serial killer.
    Did you see my post about growing up in Durham? Where did you go to high school?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    We’ve got basil and mint growing for use, not for mowing over.

Make a lot of minty lemonades during the summer. Good stuff.
    Yes, I always make sure to have peppermint and basil growing each summer. Mint tea, and basil snipped over some garden tomatoes and fresh mozzarella with balsamic drizzle. I'm hungry.

-jk and I graduated from Jordan the same year but he doesn't remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yes, I always make sure to have peppermint and basil growing each summer. Mint tea, and basil snipped over some garden tomatoes and fresh mozzarella with balsamic drizzle. I'm hungry.
    I was eyeing a big heirloom on the vine this morning with that very thought. I know what's for snack when I get home tonight.