Page 1413 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 4139131313136314031411141214131414141514231463151319132413 ... LastLast
Results 28,241 to 28,260 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    They're not bad, can be fairly bitter, but packed with good stuff. Blanched and then sauteed in oil and garlic took away some of the bite.

We're in a CSA and it's definitely greens season.
    Combined statistical area?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I don't think I've ever eaten dandelion greens.

I drove into the office today because I had to get work done. I had to do a wellness screening in order to enter the building. I wore a mask for almost the whole time. My readers kept fogging up though so I pulled it down from my nose when I was inside my cubicle, tried to remember to exhale through my mouth. I was able to find parking on the street, I overstayed in a 2 hour zone (for 3 hours) but didn't get a ticket! I was halfway between my building and me car (about a 3 block walk) when the skies opened up. I arrived drenched.

Mask report from the Longwood Medical Area - high levels of mask wearing.

If by reboot you mean attract a few new posters to the LTE - I am definitely behind that!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Combined statistical area?
    Community-Supported Agriculture. We go to a local farm and pick up a batch of veggies every two weeks, essentially eat through their season. Your part of Texas isn't exactly ag land so maybe not a common feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I don't think I've ever eaten dandelion greens.
    Good for you but, like I said, can be pretty bitter. People chop them up and put them in salads but you need to mix them with a gentler lettuce if your're going to do that.

Community-Supported Agriculture. We go to a local farm and pick up a batch of veggies every two weeks, essentially eat through their season. Your part of Texas isn't exactly ag land so maybe not a common feature?

Good for you but, like I said, can be pretty bitter. People chop them up and put them in salads but you need to mix them with a gentler lettuce if your're going to do that.
    Yeah - sounds like I'm not going to be doing that.

After a brief experimentation, I have stopped using DoorDash.

After a brief experimentation, I have stopped using DoorDash.
    That was quick.

Community-Supported Agriculture. We go to a local farm and pick up a batch of veggies every two weeks, essentially eat through their season. Your part of Texas isn't exactly ag land so maybe not a common feature? .
    The Rio Grande valley to the south of us is big agricultural land, but this area most of the farms and ranches have been sold to provide land for housing.

If by reboot you mean attract a few new posters to the LTE - I am definitely behind that!
    We could definitely use some new posters.

That was quick.
    I read an article talking about how independent restaurants (not chains) are losing too much money so, I'm going to pick up my own take-out instead. And I'm not against tipping DoorDash type contractors but I'd rather tip restaurant employees.

I read an article talking about how independent restaurants (not chains) are losing too much money so, I'm going to pick up my own take-out instead. And I'm not against tipping DoorDash type contractors but I'd rather tip restaurant employees.
    Those delivery services are hell on restaurants of any size.

I suspected as much (independent restaurants having a tough time). That’s why since the pandemic began we have been ordering food, and picking it up ourselves, every day for either brunch or dinner from an independent restaurant in Chapel Hill or Durham.

It’s not difficult to avoid the chains, as the independent restaurants have better and fresher food anyway. I know most everybody says restaurant food is not as healthy for you as food prepared yourself, but I feel pretty darn good. And I certainly don’t mind having less kitchen clean-up and not having to figure out a meal for four people with wildly-divergent tastes.

Help keep those restaurants in business folks!

I’ve been doing my own cooking for the most part since before this thing started. Most of the restaurants in my neck of the woods are chains. The hazards of mass suburbia. The few that aren’t have not impressed me. Downtown SA and some other areas have much more vibrant culinary adventures. I’m not sure I want to turn dinner into that big of an event.

I know I should be supporting local businesses more. Recently, though, my additional spending has been going to local charities supporting food availability for residents as well as animal welfare groups and the local Fisher House as it directly supports the military community.

I know I should be supporting local businesses more. Recently, though, my additional spending has been going to local charities supporting food availability for residents as well as animal welfare groups and the local Fisher House as it directly supports the military community.
    I heard a nice young lady in the news say that so many people are adopting pets during the stay at home pandemic orders that there is a global puppy shortage. A global puppy shortage.

I guess that’s good but I’m sure a lot of people adopted without a care plan for when things return to normal.

I guess that’s good but I’m sure a lot of people adopted without a care plan for when things return to normal.
    Given case count increases in some areas, that return to normal may be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I suspected as much (independent restaurants having a tough time). That’s why since the pandemic began we have been ordering food, and picking it up ourselves, every day for either brunch or dinner from an independent restaurant in Chapel Hill or Durham.

It’s not difficult to avoid the chains, as the independent restaurants have better and fresher food anyway. I know most everybody says restaurant food is not as healthy for you as food prepared yourself, but I feel pretty darn good. And I certainly don’t mind having less kitchen clean-up and not having to figure out a meal for four people with wildly-divergent tastes.

Help keep those restaurants in business folks!
    When my 20 year old wants to use DoorDash to get McDonald's and pays for it himself though, I don't object. I used the service twice. The second time was a disaster but I'm not blaming the restaurant. I don't do Instacart either. I'm such a boomer.

Does garlic powder really go bad? Garlic cloves I understand...