Page 1044 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4454494499410341042104310441045104610541094114415442044 ... LastLast
Results 20,861 to 20,880 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Funny.

I'm breaking the "no beer during the week" rule for 2000s music bingo at Craft Centric, currently drinking a Clawhammer. Seems like these come out sooner every year!
    Next year will be Julyfest. And Junefest in 2021.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Next year will be Julyfest. And Junefest in 2021.
    That's fine with me.

Just keep that pumpkin $**** away from me.

That's fine with me.

Like every other style, there are some great pumpkin beers, and some terrible ones.

With Weyerbacher gone(?), one of the pumpkin beer greats is no longer.

Fall is for fresh hop!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Like every other style, there are some great pumpkin beers, and some terrible ones.

With Weyerbacher gone(?), one of the pumpkin beer greats is no longer.

Fall is for fresh hop!
    I just strongly dislike pumpkin.

Can't wait for the fresh hop beers!

That's fine with me.

(whispers Rum Barrel-Aged Pumking into mattman's ear)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Grapefruit Hefeweizen (draft)-Southern Pines Brewing Company

Half pint ($2.50) with a free Chick-Fil-A grilled chicken club, fries and a chocolate chip cookie (saved for tomorrow AM's snack with a thermos of hot coffee at the office).

Yellow-orange pour with a modest, foamy head. Smelled like weak orange-grapefruit juice but with a better/stronger taste profile of the same with some faint banana and clove and very mild hop bitterness. I'll guess IBUs about 30 and the ABV was 4.8%. Good pairing with the above dinner but not a standout hefe (are there really any outside of the authentic German ones?). A thin Cat 2.

Strawberry Saison (draft)-Brewery Bhavana

I don't have much affinity for strawberry beers but this one swayed me greatly.

Half pint pour for $3.50 was a hazy, pinkish-straw color with a scant head. Aromas of strawberry jam and hay () that preceded tastes of the same with a pinch of black pepper along with hints of apples and pears. I'll guess IBUs about 20 and the ABV was 6.5%. Very pleasant pairing with the aforementioned Chick-Fil-A combo. About halfway between a Cat 2 and 3 beverage. Quality stuff.

Is everyone remembering what gose on here tomorrow with richardjackson199 as our virtual host?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Is everyone remembering what gose on here tomorrow with richardjackson199 as our virtual host?
    I cannot speak for "everyone," but I can speak for "me," and "me" remembers. But I probably won't chime-in until late in the day. Son Tripping has his next round of Drive Chip & Putt at the WaDuke tomorrow afternoon, so my drinking (whether celebratory because he continues on his Road To Augusta, or of drown-my-sorrows type) likely won't begin until the evening.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I cannot speak for "everyone," but I can speak for "me," and "me" remembers. But I probably won't chime-in until late in the day. Son Tripping has his next round of Drive Chip & Putt at the WaDuke tomorrow afternoon, so my drinking (whether celebratory because he continues on his Road To Augusta, or of drown-my-sorrows type) likely won't begin until the evening.
    Excellent! Good luck!

We'll be in the NC mountains and will likely have an afternoon tasting session and an evening one, dividing the 6-7 beers total among 3 partakers.

I'm planning on being at Highland after taking my wife's cousin's children to the WNC Nature Center. If they have a gose, I'll be sure to drink it. If not, that will give me an excuse to go elsewhere

I'm planning on being at Highland after taking my wife's cousin's children to the WNC Nature Center. If they have a gose, I'll be sure to drink it. If not, that will give me an excuse to go elsewhere
    Love the Nature Center. Watch the otters.

For @#$%s and grins, I looked at Highland, HiWire and Green Man and saw a lot of sours (with and without barrels) and Berlinerweisses listed but no goses. Where might one go in Asheville for such a style? (BTW, I did not look at the InBev operation .)

For @#$%s and grins, I looked at Highland, HiWire and Green Man and saw a lot of sours (with and without barrels) and Berlinerweisses listed but no goses. Where might one go in Asheville for such a style? (BTW, I did not look at the InBev operation .)
    Zillacoah Brewery (please don't tell people, it's my favorite quiet place) frequently has a house gose on tap. Not my cup of tea, but a great excuse to sit by the river and had a tasty taco.

Their taps change almost daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Zillacoah Brewery (please don't tell people, it's my favorite quiet place) frequently has a house gose on tap. Not my cup of tea, but a great excuse to sit by the river and had a tasty taco.

Sorry, not a secret anymore as mattman has raved about their location and beverages for months now.

However, I've yet to sample my first Zillacoah brew.

Sorry, not a secret anymore as mattman has raved about their location and beverages for months now.

However, I've yet to sample my first Zillacoah brew.
    I'm usually a hoppy/IPA/pale ale guy, which isn't their strongsuit. But I'm not opposed to a Kolsch or a malty Czech beer and the place is phenomenal.

Asheville beers have more hops than Zion. Okay, well, maybe not. But there's no shortage of hoppy brew in this town. I like some variety.

Because we don't have a Ymm, Doughnuts thread:

https://www.foodandwine.com/news/kri...inal-doughnuts

Had my first one today (chocolate doughnut and peanut butter creme filling) and I'm (fairly) confident I could snarf/scarf down a half dozen of these in a sitting if given the proper amount of coffee and/or imperial stouts (to stay on topic, of course ).

Krispy-Kreme-Original-Filled-Glazed-Doughnut.jpg

I'm usually a hoppy/IPA/pale ale guy, which isn't their strongsuit. But I'm not opposed to a Kolsch or a malty Czech beer and the place is phenomenal.

Asheville beers have more hops than Zion. Okay, well, maybe not. But there's no shortage of hoppy brew in this town. I like some variety.
    What do you think of the hazy/juicy/NE style of IPAs? Have you had many Brut IPAs?

https://untappd.com/v/highland-brewing-company/13507

Looks like they have one (see last beer).

Love it. While at Wise Man in Winston-Salem last weekend, the bartender asked for Asheville beer recommendations so I told him Zillacoah and Eurisko, but to not tell anyone else