Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    So 100% of the posters from Surry County feel this way. That has to carry a lot of weight on this board.
    Barney Fife: “They don’t do things that way anymore. This is the Age of Science Know-How, electronal marvels.”

Sheriff Andy Taylor: “Somewhere wandering loose around Mayberry (and DBR) is… A loaded goat.”

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Barney Fife: “They don’t do things that way anymore. This is the Age of Science Know-How, electronal marvels.”

Sheriff Andy Taylor: “Somewhere wandering loose around Mayberry (and DBR) is… A loaded goat.”
    One of the all-time great episodes plus a pretty darn good burger place on Main Street!

Great work! As for push-ups following your vaccine, my arm was so sore it felt like they had given me my shot with a revolver. I looked for an exit wound. So expect a crazy level of soreness, but I did do my push-ups that day and I think it helped.
    Hmm. My arm didn't get sore at all after the first shot. I just felt the next day like I hadn't slept a wink. Alright, wrong thread!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

I'm with you. Can I have an extension of 22 weeks to do this? I think 100 a week will be realistic for me. Somebody has to be the caboose.
    You certainly can but I will expect updates every week! You should just mix some push ups into your run!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

One of the all-time great episodes plus a pretty darn good burger place on Main Street!
    Must be a Surry County thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    You certainly can but I will expect updates every week! You should just mix some push ups into your run!
    Ha that wouldn't help my frequency much. I run once a week on Saturdays. I'd like to do it more often but can't right now. We are looking into buying a used Life Fitness treadmill though which should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Must be a Surry County thing...
    Yep. If downtown on Main Street I'd also recommend a pork chop sandwich from Snappy Lunch. Then go get loaded at the Goat or better yet Thirsty Souls

Yep. If downtown on Main Street I'd also recommend a pork chop sandwich from Snappy Lunch. Then go get loaded at the Goat or better yet Thirsty Souls
    Mt Airy now has the downtown it always wanted to have.

Mt Airy now has the downtown it always wanted to have.
    watch out. Mayberry is an up and coming city (stolen from hilarious video posted by Mtn Devil):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMh1b8eUxtY

75 in the (hop)per. 50 done, 25 about to be performed.

Had to post before completion to take advantage of the pun.

I'm old so I'm trying pushups/situps/leg lifts or scissors

4/2: 3 sets of 10 each
    4/3: 4 sets of 10 each
    4/4: 3 sets of 10 each, so far. I'm pretty sore in all muscle group involved (see "old" above) but I *think* I can complete the 4th set as a "nightcap"
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm old so I'm trying pushups/situps/leg lifts or scissors

4/2: 3 sets of 10 each
    4/3: 4 sets of 10 each
    4/4: 3 sets of 10 each, so far. I'm pretty sore in all muscle group involved (see "old" above) but I *think* I can complete the 4th set as a "nightcap"
    I was advised by a personal trainer many years ago that pushups were not good for old guys' (and gals') shoulders -- and this was years before I had to get a shoulder tendon replaced. Same for presses directly over the head.

I don't need much encouragement to shun hard physical labor, so I do curls and sit-ups instead. At my current rate I'll make 2000+, but please don't ask how heavy the weights are.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I was advised by a personal trainer many years ago that pushups were not good for old guys' (and gals') shoulders -- and this was years before I had to get a shoulder tendon replaced. Same for presses directly over the head.

I don't need much encouragement to shun hard physical labor, so I do curls and sit-ups instead. At my current rate I'll make 2000+, but please don't ask how heavy the weights are.
    Good thoughts WRT the shoulder/arms exercises.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I'm late to the party. Did 100 today (60, then 10 more about 2 minutes later, and 30 more 3 hours later).

I did about 1000 in March so maybe this is possible.

Woohoo! Another 100 today. 5 sets of 20, with the final set being slightly divided between the first 16 and the last 4. I'm a little sore. I expected worse so I guess I'm doing ok!

Glad to see everybody doing what they can.

And, in case anyone wanted to check em out...

Mission 22

I'm not going to directly ask for donations for them because I haven't researched, but it sounds like they do great work. If you feel the urge...

My total is up to 440 for April!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    I'm late to the party. Did 100 today (60, then 10 more about 2 minutes later, and 30 more 3 hours later).

I did about 1000 in March so maybe this is possible.
    No real rules here! I'm just shooting for my 2200 in April!

85 today.

5 day total at 410.

Had to hold off for several days. Edema in my right hand, followed by a severe infusion of lactic acid in my latissimus dorsi. BUT back at it and should be able to catch up in a couple of days.

Nrrrrvous this is for you buddy! And your cause.

This is difficult, even at my snail-like pace.

I did my first 100 just now. 34 first. Rest 1 Minute (Too Short I've decided - won't do that again). Then 33 more. Rest 2 Minutes. Then 33 more.

I wanted to quit after about 16. In the final 2 sets I wanted to quit after 5. I had to repeat one because I stuck to the mat and didn't want to come back up.

My goal is 100 a week. 1 down, 21 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    85 today.

5 day total at 410.
    100 done today.