Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hustleplays View Post
    Budwom, I expect that we will see the same offense, which was dismally uncreative and predictable.

I'm curious about whom you think will be pleased by this...our opponents?
    Maybe, but I am all for copying Alabama's play book what a revelation. ND also has a very creative offense -- but not the same talent.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Kevin White is playing out the string on Cut's contract...I even wonder if White will retire before that contract expires in two years, leaving the fun to someone else. As dispiriting as I find these moves, I can't imagine how bad I'll feel if Cut gets an extension. It truly saddens me that he's gone from statue outside WW terrirory to a guy who will be lucky to win another ACC game. We are going to be in a world of hurt next season.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    “The biggest change, of course is me coming out of that (offensive) room and getting back to being our head football coach, which I did a really poor job,” he said. “ if I had to critique one thing, I needed to be across the board the head football coach. It became very obvious to me awhile in.”
    He's honest about that part, at least.
    https://www.si.com/college/duke/foot...-to-head-coach
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    This pretty much sums up my reaction to the changes. Not much I can add.
    “Nearer, My God, to Thee”

Budwom, I expect that we will see the same offense, which was dismally uncreative and predictable.

I'm curious about whom you think will be pleased by this...our opponents?
    Ha, I used that phrase because any discussion of Duke football seems to dredge up the inevitable "but we were so bad before Cutcliffe got here" lamentations, and I was hoping to allow those folks to be happy with these moves.

You are very kind...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ha, I used that phrase because any discussion of Duke football seems to dredge up the inevitable "but we were so bad before Cutcliffe got here" lamentations, and I was hoping to allow those folks to be happy with these moves.
    Got it! You are very kind.

Did y'all notice Cutcliffe's statement, "If I had to critique one thing..." ouch.

I am curious whether he actually believes these changes are going to result in a competitive season.

What makes me sad [in addition to the crappy football] is that Cutcliffe is a really good human being. But he seems clueless about what needs to change. Is stubbornness his tragic flaw? Lack of imagination? It isn't a fun movie to watch.
    “I love it. Coach, when we came here, we had a three-hour meeting about the core values. If you really represent the core values, it means diving on the floor, sacrificing your body for your teammates, no matter how much you’re up by or how much you’re down by, always playing hard.” -- Zion

Got it! You are very kind.

Did y'all notice Cutcliffe's statement, "If I had to critique one thing..." ouch.

I am curious whether he actually believes these changes are going to result in a competitive season.

What makes me sad [in addition to the crappy football] is that Cutcliffe is a really good human being. But he seems clueless about what needs to change. Is stubbornness his tragic flaw? Lack of imagination? It isn't a fun movie to watch.
    I agree that it's sad, because he IS a good man. The problems are so substantial now, however (given the exodus of eligible starters) that fixing them is going to require several years at the bare minimum. I'm braced for a grim couple of years minimum, but that won't stop me from attending (for some reason).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Kevin White is playing out the string on Cut's contract...I even wonder if White will retire before that contract expires in two years, leaving the fun to someone else.
    Buddy, could you please share tonight's winning lottery numbers too? I mean, seeing as you have a crystal ball, why not spread the wealth around.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Buddy, could you please share tonight's winning lottery numbers too? I mean, seeing as you have a crystal ball, why not spread the wealth around.
    I have my hand on the pulse of Duke football, which is pretty much like having a stupid pet trick! The White retirement thing seemed obvious, a decision on Cutcliffe clearly looms within two years, and when I looked up White's age, it came up as roughly 70...why do today what you can put off forever!