Thread: Duke 09-10

Duke 09-10

Kyle = NPY candidate, Nolan = breakout player of the year for Duke, Scheyer = consistent ALL ACC + Plumee bros and Z, Lance and co = in my Royal Blue shaded mind 16-0 ,run the table, GTHC team...

Not to mention...'Dre Dawkins, Ryan Kelly, and Olek Czyz coming from the bench...c'mon ACC, what is your answer to that?

Maryland is...NOT OUR RIVAL

I would love to know how duke play compares to the other ACC teams. Its too bad they don't play any ranked teams OOC...except Georgetown, and thats not for a while.

As a casual fan of the rivalry with UNC and the ACC, whats is the Duke fan's perspective on this?

Quote Originally Posted by unafiliated View Post
    I would love to know how duke play compares to the other ACC teams. Its too bad they don't play any ranked teams OOC...except Georgetown, and thats not for a while.

As a casual fan of the rivalry with UNC and the ACC, whats is the Duke fan's perspective on this?
    Do you troll on all the fansites?

Chances are we play UConn on Friday (hopefully). We play G'town, and its not our fault Wisconsin and Gonzaga happen to not be ranked this season. Not to mention the ranked teams we will come across in the ACC. Our schedule is just fine, thank you

...we potentially play #13 UCONN in the NIT preseason tipoff (or a well coached LSU team), a very good Gonzaga team that gave #2 MSU all they could handle at home and could very well be ranked by the time we play them in MSG, we play @ Wisconsin which is one of the better home court advantages in the country...

I think we have challenged ourselves in preconference play.

I think we'll get a good sense of how Duke compares to the other teams in the ACC from games against Arizona State, Wisconsin, Gonzaga and either UConn or LSU. But even if we don't, we still have the league season to find out how good Duke really is.

And it wouldn't surprise me if Gonzaga or Arizona State were ranked by this afternoon.

thanks, appreciate the insight

Doubt it!

And it wouldn't surprise me if Gonzaga or Arizona State were ranked by this afternoon.

Gonzaga....possibly. ASU....comical. ASU barely squeaked past TCU and the only team they have beat soundly was San Francisco. To be quite honest, ASU is not much better than Charlotte IMO. Believe me, I live in the state for which they reside and have seen enough of the god forsaken basketball they play.

Come on, that's a little harsh

Quote Originally Posted by Azdukefan View Post

Gonzaga....possibly. ASU....comical. ASU barely squeaked past TCU and the only team they have beat soundly was San Francisco. To be quite honest, ASU is not much better than Charlotte IMO. Believe me, I live in the state for which they reside and have seen enough of the god forsaken basketball they play.
    ASU's offense is shooting 49.4% from 3 (5th in the country), 56.2% from 2 (32nd), and is getting 41.9% of its available Offensive Rebounds (28th). Its defense is stifling opponents shooting (21st best eff. fg defense) and causing TOs on 25.4% of opponents' possessions (48th). This is no smoke and mirrors team. They are not perfect, but they have game. Statistically, they are shooting better than Duke, defending shots better and creating more opponents' turnovers. Duke has other advantages, to be sure, but to say they are playing god forsaken basketball? Charlotte's shooting is ranked 275th, defending the shot is ranked 172nd, causing TOs is ranked 324th and offensive rebounding is ranked 153rd.

I trust K and the staff and are not as cavalier about our next opponent.