Page 84 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586941341845841084 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 67371
    I'll be cheering you on from Kansas. Just remember the tortoise and the hare - you don't have to be fast to win the race. I am very impressed that you are doing this.

PS - I'll be writing and mailing my check to you this weekend.

My bracket just died a painful death. The only thing that could save me some face is a KU win tonight.

I have 4 brackets, I am next to last in 2, middle of the pack in 1 and check out the DBR Bracket Challenge. A KU win gets me nowhere however.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I have 4 brackets, I am next to last in 2, middle of the pack in 1 and check out the DBR Bracket Challenge. A KU win get me nowhere however.
    In my fun bracket, a KU win seals it for me. In my work bracket, it gives me some slight hope of climbing up close to the lead. I'm not in danger of losing either, fortunately.

Yeah, I should qualify it...the only two brackets I have money involved in I am next to last. And last place in those gets their money back...

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I will post my bib number and anyone who wants to can follow my snail's pace progress online!
    I was hoping you would. Will be tracking you online and pulling hard for your from Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I was hoping you would. Will be tracking you online and pulling hard for your from Duke!

go Bostondevil (and go Tilly-only 10 more posts to go until the 1000 milestone and All ACC status. got anything special planned?)

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    go Bostondevil (and go Tilly-only 10 more posts to go until the 1000 milestone and All ACC status. got anything special planned?)
    No. Too busy celebrating Carolina's loss to think about celebrating my achievements.

No. Too busy celebrating Carolina's loss to think about celebrating my achievements.
    now THAT is a true fan-sacrificing self for the advancement of the Duke community at the expense of our garish colored neighbors down the road in he!!.

Smile It's now nearly 48 hours after the Saturday Night Massacre...

... and it still feels sweet.

Is there any downside to schadenfreude? I mean, can one have schadenfreude about schadenfreude?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Thanks devildeac, I found out today I've got someone jumping in with me at mile 20 and helping me bring it home.

I just won my office pool to go with my fun pool, all thanks to my wife shaming me into not taking UNC.

marathon

Thanks devildeac, I found out today I've got someone jumping in with me at mile 20 and helping me bring it home.
    great stategy. My wife ran the 1980 Greensboro marathon and won the women's division. I ran the 1st 10K with her and then staffed one of the H20 stations at the 20 mile mark until she came by. I joined her and ran with her for the last 6.2 miles, pacing and encouraging her. It was a great feeling as I ran off into the crowd at the finish line(I was not registered-I was simply there to run the 1st and last parts of the race with her) and saw her finish as the 1st woman. I am looking at her plaque as I type this. Still a sweet memory.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I don't really have anything to say this evening but I figure that's no reason not to post.

Actually I can think of something, hey O's fans, looking good!

Actually I can think of something, hey O's fans, looking good!
    Stop that talk. The baseball gods may hear you and reverse things.

Views record----not

Do ya'll realize that even though this is planned to be the longest thread ever, the Taylor King transferring thread and the 2009 recruiting thread on the Main Board have like more than twice the number of views at over 38,000apiece?

Just thought I'd contribute one more post to give everyone something more to talk about.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Do ya'll realize that even though this is planned to be the longest thread ever, the Taylor King transferring thread and the 2009 recruiting thread on the Main Board have like more than twice the number of views at over 38,000apiece?

Just thought I'd contribute one more post to give everyone something more to talk about.
    Off topic and public policy get far fewer viewers, so this isn't a surprise. The most viewed thread on the main board has around 90,000 views.

That may be true, but...

... all the cool people come here to play.

Here, I'll help...

Baby blublood is crawling! It really was amazing - one day he was just rocking back and forth on all fours, or else shooting backwards like a little lobster, and the next day he saw a toy, hopped up on all fours, and went to get it.

And, as an added bonus, we have finally found a solid food that he likes - baby mum-mums. He stopped eating solid foods when I was sick with pneumonia (we have no idea why... maybe just the stress in the house? Mommy being absent so much of the time?...), but now thankfully we're back on track.

Baby blublood is also on youtube if anyone is *really* bored at work and needs a laugh!

10 days and counting... until BostonDevil hits her marathoning stride. Go BD!

Hope your knees are holding up!