Page 1132 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 1326321032108211221130113111321133113411421182123216322132 ... LastLast
Results 22,621 to 22,640 of 67648
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    God bless us everone. I am steeled for the flames.
    For those about to post, we salute you.

God bless us everone. I am steeled for the flames.
    Rats! I couldn't spork you for your thoughtful post.

I stay away from chat and the in-game thread because it distracts me from the game. I will check in if there was, in my opinion, a bad call to see if I'm alone in that thought but that is about it.

What if your coach bagels the conference schedule including the tournament? Can you disparage them? Goes by the initials CBD. (Coach...)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Rats! I couldn't spork you for your thoughtful post.

I stay away from chat and the in-game thread because it distracts me from the game. I will check in if there was, in my opinion, a bad call to see if I'm alone in that thought but that is about it.
    Likewise, could not spork.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Likewise, could not spork.
    Must be testament to a legacy of forum awesomeness.

Your kudos are all the sporks I could ask for.

I suspect the negative comments are forthcoming tomorrow morning.

To remoulade or not to remoulade, that is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    “Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fondue . . . “

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What kind of a question is that? Your mother raised you better than that.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Mmmm... Oyster po boy.

Time for a beach trip?

Mmmm... Oyster po boy.

Time for a beach trip?
    DBR get together?

Yes, but I also grew up around the Army where s#!+ on a shingle (SOS) was a thing...

... That seems to no longer apply to certain posters and certain situations.
    It was a good exercise, all in all. You were right to start it off.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

It was a good exercise, all in all. You were right to start it off.
    It has remained more civil than I would have guessed.

I have gotten some expected responses and some surprises.

In a recap of this morning's state of the mood, weezie is irritated going out the door.

Just a warning to anybody talking on their phones and driving this morning in front of my car. Serious horn blowing about to commence.

"If weezie ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

-- Zen proverb

Was able to sneak out on a school night to see Todd Snider last week. I remember when people used to bring pencil and paper to a show to write down the set list as the show went along. Now you can practically see the whole thing online the next day. What a country! Found this clip - nice video, whoever took this was maybe about 10 feet in front of where I was standing. 23 East Cabaret / Brownie's / Ardmore Music Hall has been one of the mainstays of the Philly area live music scene (if you don't mind the obligatory name and ownership changes that come with the territory...)

Talking Reality Television Blues (updated lyrics!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEDTE_ud2sk

But wait, there's more - 15 minutes of encore! (this dude is even closer than the other guy)
    Like a Force of Nature, Iron Mike's Main Man's Last Request, The Blues on Banjo, Freebird (yeah, that one, no kidding)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN7I1Bp81Rg

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Was able to sneak out on a school night to see Todd Snider last week. I remember when people used to bring pencil and paper to a show to write down the set list as the show went along. Now you can practically see the whole thing online the next day. What a country! Found this clip - nice video, whoever took this was maybe about 10 feet in front of where I was standing. 23 East Cabaret / Brownie's / Ardmore Music Hall has been one of the mainstays of the Philly area live music scene (if you don't mind the obligatory name and ownership changes that come with the territory...)

Talking Reality Television Blues (updated lyrics!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEDTE_ud2sk

But wait, there's more - 15 minutes of encore! (this dude is even closer than the other guy)
    Like a Force of Nature, Iron Mike's Main Man's Last Request, The Blues on Banjo, Freebird (yeah, that one, no kidding)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN7I1Bp81Rg
    I absolutely LOVE Todd Snider -- best songwriter you've never heard of -- and his live stuff is fantastic. Nis brand new album (Cash Cabin Sessions, Vo. 3) was pre-released this week and is very good.

Snider has been on my list for a while; his tunes kept popping up in a couple different feeds I like. I spent more time than I should have noodling around youtube looking at clips.

Selected Snider comments from the show:
    "I was lucky enough to write some songs with Loretta Lynn, and we recorded them at Johnny Cash's studio at his house. That's some pretty big name dropping, huh? Robert DeNiro once told me, 'Two's OK, three is too many."

"Yeah, my new record is called the Cash Cabin Sessions. I hate going to shows and hearing people play their new stuff. Nobody came here for that [crap]..."

In a recap of this morning's state of the mood, weezie is irritated going out the door.

Just a warning to anybody talking on their phones and driving this morning in front of my car. Serious horn blowing about to commence.
    Listen to some Todd Snider! [ducks behind OPK]

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Listen to some Todd Snider! [ducks behind OPK]
    This might help:

https://youtu.be/oN9iiO5fDpA