Page 1091 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 91591991104110811089109010911092109311011141119115912091 ... LastLast
Results 21,801 to 21,820 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Bruno is this generation's Michael Jackson IMO.

For us older folks it is hard to tell. You used to judge these things on album sales and radio airplay. Haven't touched an album in years...not even the CD kind.

Nephew Alex shared his nerd-ness on the Clemson football vlog.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Nephew Alex shared his nerd-ness on the Clemson football vlog.
    s nerd-ness allowed to be used in the same sentence as football?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    s nerd-ness allowed to be used in the same sentence as football?
    I don't think he has played football since elementary school so his nerd-ness is all that has him as part of the coaching staff. He embraces it. During their national championship parade, he told me he was telling kids along the parade route - "Study hard! Stay in school! Be a nerd!"

Does any man here save old lamp cords cut off from broken lamps to transplant into new lamps that might need a cord? Thereby inviting a conflagration in the tv room? Or maybe ten bajillion drill bits from drills that were probably made in the early hand crank years when guys wore stove pipe hats? Or two identical files (in the stuffed file cabinet) of duplicate direction booklets for appliances that were in our first house many years ago? At last count, 23 assorted tubes of caulk in various amounts. Just a tease of what's in that morass.

Does anybody know a good insanity defense lawyer? I figure I can easily handle three years inside for manslaughter and then a lengthy probation. Nothing on my record, upstanding citizen.
    Three squares a day and maybe a job in the kitchen?

I've been swinging from eye rolling steam-heated sniping to hysterical keening laughter today during the Shop Cleanse Chronicles here in Olde Virginny.

LTE is becoming my behavioral psychologist!!!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I really want to visit the Weezie household.

I only have 8 different tubes of caulk in my garage. I'm about to clear some out.

Hey Ymo, interested in, hhmmm, seven rolls of solder stuff, that metal cable? I've got several blue canisters of gas, too, likely empty but still. Wrench museum, duplicate construction helmets from some Boy Scout gathering 30 years ago, spray paint can hoard that Banksy would envy...

I could make this weezie's ebay right here! But I'd insist on doing the paying.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Hey Ymo, interested in, hhmmm, seven rolls of solder stuff, that metal cable? I've got several blue canisters of gas, too, likely empty but still. Wrench museum, duplicate construction helmets from some Boy Scout gathering 30 years ago, spray paint can hoard that Banksy would envy...

I could make this weezie's ebay right here! But I'd insist on doing the paying.
    "Wrench museum"...that's hilarious right there.
    At least I can use this series of posts to explain to my wife why it's completely ok to keep acquiring t-shirts...

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    "Wrench museum"...that's hilarious right there.
    At least I can use this series of posts to explain to my wife why it's completely ok to keep acquiring t-shirts...
    Better a wrench museum than a wench museum.

Well, well, what do we have here?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    ...At least I can use this series of posts to explain to my wife why it's completely ok to keep acquiring t-shirts...
    Sir wilson, I am coming for those t-shirts next. They might go right into the bin on top of the mismatched and uneven chair leg protectors that I unearthed today. While husband-of-weezie was toiling away at work, I tried testing his various small handaxes out by throwing them (not kidding) into the plywood walls in the shop. They are very dull. Lucky him.

Solder isn't really my thing, mech eng. for undergrad and a few years as one in the real world. Mismatched wrenches are more my speed. I have too many t-shirts...

It's very pleasant here this afternoon. Hard to believe that the eye of Michael will be over my house, literally, in about 18 hours.

I may be off the interwebs for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It's very pleasant here this afternoon. Hard to believe that the eye of Michael will be over my house, literally, in about 18 hours.

Well, Michael did row his boat ashore...😂

Slowly but surely this thread is approaching 1 million views...

Guess it's too risky for the carrier pigeon to send your observations to a trusted source?

Good luck. Batten those hatches.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Slowly but surely this thread is approaching 1 million views...
    A new to goal to reach! Hadn't paid any attention to that one before - I will now!

Just took the dog out in the eye of the storm. Knock on wood, never lost power and the backs eyewall seems strong but small.

This storm seemed to lose energy as quickly as it amassed it, thankfully.

I hope its sojourn over the Carolinas is quick and without significant rain.
    Last edited by OldPhiKap; 10-11-2018 at 07:16 AM.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Just took the dog out in the eye of the storm. Knock on wood, never lost power and the backs eyewall seems strong but small.

This storm seemed to lose energy as quickly as it amassed it, thankfully.

I hope its sojourn over the Carolinas is quick and without significant rain.
    Me too!