Page 1647 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 64711471547159716371645164616471648164916571697174721472647 ... LastLast
Results 32,921 to 32,940 of 67658
    Thanks to all that reached out. The year has backed down to stinks instead of sucks now. Yesterday's news just hit me hard. She had been doing better - enough that she got off the transplant list. She went downhill fast in the last month or two.

I really appreciate the messages and posts. They really helped. Good to have a place to vent when you don't want to make it harder on your family.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Thanks to all that reached out. The year has backed down to stinks instead of sucks now. Yesterday's news just hit me hard. She had been doing better - enough that she got off the transplant list. She went downhill fast in the last month or two.

I really appreciate the messages and posts. They really helped. Good to have a place to vent when you don't want to make it harder on your family.
    Well just like your family, we will always let you down. Can I borrow some money?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Well just like your family, we will always let you down. Can I borrow some money?
    I've got $20 - shall we split it?

Speaking of money

What do you call a Christmas wreath made with $100 bills?

Aretha Franklins.

Speaking of money

What do you call a Christmas wreath made with $100 bills?

Aretha Franklins.
    Nice. So I guess -- what do you call clothes fasteners made out of $100 bills?

Benjamin Buttons.

(Sorry, not enough coffee yet)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Nice. So I guess -- what do you call clothes fasteners made out of $100 bills?

Benjamin Buttons.

(Sorry, not enough coffee yet)
    Hhmmm. I've never given a frowny face out. But, there's always a first warning.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    You are much nicer than I am. I was searching for the steaming pile of poo emoji.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    You are much nicer than I am. I was searching for the steaming pile of poo emoji.
    Damn, tough crowd this morning. I was kinda pleased that I came up with that, frankly . . . .

Damn, tough crowd this morning. I was kinda pleased that I came up with that, frankly . . . .
    If you actually made that up on the spot then I rescind the poo and I would replace it with a smile. Not a laugh. Not even a chortle. Definitely not a guffaw. But a smile.

If you actually made that up on the spot then I rescind the poo and I would replace it with a smile. Not a laugh. Not even a chortle. Definitely not a guffaw. But a smile.
    It was an extemporaneous utterance. It's scary up in my head.

I mean, I could have asked what happens if a hundred dollar bill joined a West Side Story gang (they would be "Bennie and the Jets") but I know to avoid West Side Story references when Bostondevil may find them.

Then I change my vote to impressed. That's some pretty good dad joking on the spot.

Or, I could have asked what you would have if your mother's brother was a hundred dollar bill, and it bought a private Texas university to change it to a public one (that would make it Uncle Ben's converted Rice).

But that would be terrible. So I would never post such a thing.

That's some pretty good dad joking on the spot.
    I am both the pride and the cringe of the two KidPKs.

Interestingly enough, Uncle Ben's is apparently named for a Houston rice farmer although he had no relation to the company.

Rice University is in Houston.

Coincidence? Or magic!!!

I am both the pride and the cringe of the two KidPKs.
    At least two for me. Thus far whatever happened in Vegas has stayed in Vegas.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I mean, I could have asked what happens if a hundred dollar bill joined a West Side Story gang (they would be "Bennie and the Jets") but I know to avoid West Side Story references when Bostondevil may find them.
    Yeah, no worries, OPK, the cool kids know it's all about the Hamiltons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Yeah, no worries, OPK, the cool kids know it's all about the Hamiltons.
    I will never take money puns for Grant-ed.

I will never take money puns for Grant-ed.
    But don't take any wooden nickels. (Was this a rampant problem back in the day?)

modesty becomes you. And of course Gentleman OPK would never toot his own horn. He's truly a man for all sketchy joke seasons.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'