Page 2487 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 14871987238724372477248524862487248824892497253725872987 ... LastLast
Results 49,721 to 49,740 of 67680
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I really hate that the best things are bad for you. Someone should do something about that. I just want to eat ALL the soft cheese.
    It’s even better unpasteurized. I miss Europe.

I really hate that the best things are bad for you. Someone should do something about that. I just want to eat ALL the soft cheese.
    Ummm...stop eating carbs? I eat all the cheese I want. And cheese and meat make me waaaaaaay happier than bread and dessert.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I baked cream scones this morning for some friends who came over for brunch. We had mimosas too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I baked cream scones this morning for some friends who came over for brunch. We had mimosas too.
    We just served up a pretty spectacular dish of chicken parm with scratch-made marinara to some friends, with my wife’s homemade rustic Italian bread.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Ummm...stop eating carbs? I eat all the cheese I want. And cheese and meat make me waaaaaaay happier than bread and dessert.
    A wise woman, who I admire greatly, once sang:

I want the world
    I want the whole world
    I want to lock it all up in my pocket
    It's my bar of chocolate
    Give it to me
    Now!

I want today
    I want tomorrow
    I want to wear 'em like braids in my hair
    And I don't want to share 'em

I want a party with room fulls of laughter
    Ten thousand tons of ice cream
    And if I don't get the things I am after
    I'm going to scream!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

Yum. See, I want it ALL!!!

I spent the afternoon and evening with BiL Wayne and Sister Anne. I hadn't seen them in 2 weeks. It is hard to be just a few miles away and not be able to see them. It will not be that long before I see them again.

A wise woman, who I admire greatly,
    Aimo?

Canadian Olympics coverage is hockey heavy.

Canadian Olympics coverage is hockey heavy.
    Biathlon is my jam.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Biathlon is my jam.
    I have a friend who was ranked in the top 50 in the world for Biathlon. I'm not ranked in the top 50 employees at my company. We have 55 employees.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It’s even better unpasteurized. I miss Europe.
    I have had several spats with the U.S. Customs guys when I drive back from Canada with unpasteurized cheese and various meat sausages...most of the guys don't even know the correct rules, they just leaf thru a huge binder of various regulations and declarations and make a whimsical decision. So I got the guys at the Quebec cheese and sausage shops to mislabel everything for me...lamb sausages became chicken sausages, unpasteurized cheese lost that designation. Somehow there are still operations selling unpasteurized cheese around here, not sure how they get away with it, but they do.

p.s. evidently the answer is that the cheese has to be aged a certain period of time...

I assume Phredd never once had a bike with his name on a license plate on the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    That much is true.
    OK, totally aging myself, but I remember when McDonald's gave away little metal license plates along with a sheet of letter stickers so you could customize. My tricycle was badass!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    OK, totally aging myself, but I remember when McDonald's gave away little metal license plates along with a sheet of letter stickers so you could customize. My tricycle was badass!
    I don't remember this. I wish I had that!!!!

I attached a baseball card to my wheel with a clothes pin so it would make a really cool noise when it thwacked the spokes. Good times. I also had a basket.

I don't remember this. I wish I had that!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I attached a baseball card to my wheel with a clothes pin so it would make a really cool noise when it thwacked the spokes. Good times. I also had a basket.
    I had neon spoke straws on my 10-speed.

As for my tricycle, it was a two-time handmedown from my older brothers. It already had the South of the Border bumpersticker on the back step. When I was six, I could beat my 9 yo brother on his two-wheeler.

Aging myself again, in 1976, our local 'hood held a bicentennial celebration at the ballfield/shopping center (Bdevil knows of what I speak). There was a big tricycle race, but my parents had not brought my tricycle along with us, and they insisted there was not time to go back and get it. I had to borrow someone else's trike which was a POS, and the handlebars were too low for my long legs and my knees kept knocking them. I was HORRIBLE! The winner? A kid named BETSY ROSS. I kid you not. I lost to Betsy Ross on the 4th of July.

It still burns.

BTW, this story is going in my book, so consider it a sneak preview!

^ when I was a kid riding a bike, they hadn't even invented neon yet...

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I had neon spoke straws on my 10-speed.

As for my tricycle, it was a two-time handmedown from my older brothers. It already had the South of the Border bumpersticker on the back step. When I was six, I could beat my 9 yo brother on his two-wheeler.

Aging myself again, in 1976, our local 'hood held a bicentennial celebration at the ballfield/shopping center (Bdevil knows of what I speak). There was a big tricycle race, but my parents had not brought my tricycle along with us, and they insisted there was not time to go back and get it. I had to borrow someone else's trike which was a POS, and the handlebars were too low for my long legs and my knees kept knocking them. I was HORRIBLE! The winner? A kid named BETSY ROSS. I kid you not. I lost to Betsy Ross on the 4th of July.

It still burns.

BTW, this story is going in my book, so consider it a sneak preview!
    What?!?! Betsy Ross sews up a victory on bicentennial day?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ^ when I was a kid riding a bike, they hadn't even invented neon yet...
    Ha! I picture you riding side saddle with a parasol.

Ha! I picture you riding side saddle with a parasol.
    I wish I had...I'd probably have a lot fewer bouts with skin cancer...sunscreens barely existed in those days (true, unfortunately).

What?!?! Betsy Ross sews up a victory on bicentennial day?!?!
    (SIGH!)