Page 2480 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 14801980238024302470247824792480248124822490253025802980 ... LastLast
Results 49,581 to 49,600 of 67755
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Very sad. My wife is a VT grad. Their shooting hit home more than others. It’s always somewhere else until it isn’t.
    I had two cousins on campus there when that happened. And Cdevil reminded me of the Wendell Williamson shooting. One of my sorority sisters was in law school at UNC at that time. Very unnerving to have to call around to check on friends and family. And that was before cell phones.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Is it time?
    Absolutely it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Womp, womp...shadow.
    My favorite part of Groundhog Day is when the guest of honor bites his host. Serves them right.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My favorite part of Groundhog Day is when the guest of honor bites his host. Serves them right.
    Seemingly belying Phil's recent prognostication, the forecast high in Atlanta tomorrow starts with a 7.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Seemingly belying Phil's recent prognostication, the forecast high in Atlanta tomorrow starts with a 7.
    I'm guessing there is a second digit.

Phil should stick to eating bugs and people's veggie gardens.

Phil isn't well versed on global warming
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Paid my taxes at Town Hall while chatting up the staff, hit the post office, then a cathartic trip to the dump, followed by a heroic car wash visit and the purchase of some petrochemicals for my 16 year old car...then a neighborhood dog romp and a three mile walk...as slow slow cooked ribs are about to enter the even. People are thinking of putting up a plaque, as well they should. Bring on the snow storm.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Paid my taxes at Town Hall while chatting up the staff, hit the post office, then a cathartic trip to the dump, followed by a heroic car wash visit and the purchase of some petrochemicals for my 16 year old car...then a neighborhood dog romp and a three mile walk...as slow slow cooked ribs are about to enter the even. People are thinking of putting up a plaque, as well they should. Bring on the snow storm.
    You wash your car in the winter?

You wash your car in the winter?
    I can tell you don't live in a snowy area...

If you don't wash your undercarriage after snow, you are asking for it to rust all to heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I can tell you don't live in a snowy area...

If you don't wash your undercarriage after snow, you are asking for it to rust all to heck.
    Maybe I like my undercarriage filthy.

You'll be buying new cars every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You'll be buying new cars every few years.
    No. I'm just going to let my undercarriage get so rusted and filthy that when I drive around everyone throws it side-eyes and makes snarky comments. Then they'll realize I'm staring right at them, dead-eyed, and mouthing, "This is how I like my undercarriage."

Then they'll look away quickly, avoiding eye contact at all cost, inching forward though the light is red, eager to put as much distance as possibly between the Hyundai with the filthy, filthy undercarriage.

How about the bottom of your car?

No. I'm just going to let my undercarriage get so rusted and filthy that when I drive around everyone throws it side-eyes and makes snarky comments. Then they'll realize I'm staring right at them, dead-eyed, and mouthing, "This is how I like my undercarriage."

Then they'll look away quickly, avoiding eye contact at all cost, inching forward though the light is red, eager to put as much distance as possibly between the Hyundai with the filthy, filthy undercarriage.
    You should glue a baby doll's head to the hood of your car.

After several snow storms and all the ensuing salt and sand, the back of everyone's car is so filthy you can (seriously) barely see the tail lights, and the back window is thick with mung...so off to Champ's Touchless Car Wash we go.

Cars in general (the good brands anyway) resist rust way better than they used to (my Volvo is 16 years old and rust free) but many people find that their brakes rust out prematurely (and won't pass inspection) if you don't wash your car periodically.

Got me the Deluxe Wash yesterday, complete with hot wax, the main benefit of which is reminding me of a great Arliss episode...

I don't throw words like 'genius' around often...

Red face

I don't throw words like 'genius' around often...
    Stop, I'm blushing.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Got me the Deluxe Wash yesterday, complete with hot wax, the main benefit of which is reminding me of a great Arliss episode...
    I thought you just got back from the beach?

He needs to tape plastic over a window, even if he has to just keep it rolled down, to complete the ensemble.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    He needs to tape plastic over a window, even if he has to just keep it rolled down, to complete the ensemble.
    And LOTS of silver duct tape.