Page 2090 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 109015901990204020802088208920902091209221002140219025903090 ... LastLast
Results 41,781 to 41,800 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    When being the married CEO of a company valued at $1.6 trillion dollars is holding you back.
    I know! I want to go to space before I go but I’m hoping costs come down and safety goes up so when I’m 70 or so I can hit it.

Maybe Bezos will still be up there?

First proper day of summer vacation. I slept late, went to the gym and ran my first full 5k since my post-Covid restart, and now I’m about to go eat a sandwich and play board games in the backyard with my uncle.
    That’s how it’s done.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    First proper day of summer vacation. I slept late, went to the gym and ran my first full 5k since my post-Covid restart, and now I’m about to go eat a sandwich and play board games in the backyard with my uncle.
    That’s how it’s done.
    I’m happy for you but if I get surly the better your summer vacation days sound, please dont take it personally!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’m happy for you but if I get surly the better your summer vacation days sound, please dont take it personally!
    I’ll try to keep the reports to a minimum, but I can’t promise there won’t be pics of the Rocky Mountains next month.

I’ll try to keep the reports to a minimum, but I can’t promise there won’t be pics of the Rocky Mountains next month.
    Send em! We all had a choice of majors in college and it ain't your fault that summers are a perk. I'll send some stuff from my 2 week vacation in a couple of weeks.

Yeah. Post those. Always good for a daydream.

I’ll just have to wait for my next sabbatical. Sigh.

Yeah. Post those. Always good for a daydream.

I’ll just have to wait for my next sabbatical. Sigh.
    Do you have a vacation lined up?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Do you have a vacation lined up?
    I have a baby lined up for August so we ain’t going anywhere. Based on the early arrival of our first, we’re already on high alert.

I have a baby lined up for August so we ain’t going anywhere. Based on the early arrival of our first, we’re already on high alert.
    Good call.

Good for you. We missed by a week on all three rounds. Figured the first one is usually late, but we'll be ready the weekend before. We needed two. Next time, we thought we better be ready a full three weeks ahead. We needed four. And for the last round, five weeks ahead is surely enough, because six weeks early is getting into scary territory. And, indeed, it took the doctors about 6 hours to say, "Scary, but you're in the clear." Which, in turn, prompted me to finally go get that extra car seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Good for you. We missed by a week on all three rounds. Figured the first one is usually late, but we'll be ready the weekend before. We needed two. Next time, we thought we better be ready a full three weeks ahead. We needed four. And for the last round, five weeks ahead is surely enough, because six weeks early is getting into scary territory. And, indeed, it took the doctors about 6 hours to say, "Scary, but you're in the clear." Which, in turn, prompted me to finally go get that extra car seat.
    Yes. About six weeks premature and you start to Veer into the territory where you require my services. And a really good trip to the hospital avoids me. You don't see me until the bad stuff starts going down.

Yes. About six weeks premature and you start to Veer into the territory where you require my services. And a really good trip to the hospital avoids me. You don't see me until the bad stuff starts going down.
    Yes, the big question mark in the delivery room was whether our son (7 weeks early) would be breathing on his own or not. It was our first but the tension in the room with the staff was palpable and they were all happy - as were we - when he came out wailing on his own.

I’ve always wondered how they find oysters up there.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’ve always wondered how they find oysters up there.
    With shears.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    T-Bone was an ungodly shade of blue when we got all 10 lbs 10 ounces of him out. He had shoulder dystocia and the cord was wrapped around his neck. I understand why some women would prefer to stay away from hospitals when they give birth, but I am convinced T-Bone would not have survived a home birth and Paddies would have been iffy. When they checked me during labor with Paddies, the doctor said, "Hmm, that's not a head." He had his hand over his head (trying to crawl his way out is how we tease him about it now), they did a manipulation that, thankfully, worked but if it didn't work I would have had an emergency c-section. None of my deliveries were routine, although both Paddies and T-Bone were born on their exact due dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    T-Bone was an ungodly shade of blue when we got all 10 lbs 10 ounces of him out. He had shoulder dystocia and the cord was wrapped around his neck. I understand why some women would prefer to stay away from hospitals when they give birth, but I am convinced T-Bone would not have survived a home birth and Paddies would have been iffy. When they checked me during labor with Paddies, the doctor said, "Hmm, that's not a head." He had his hand over his head (trying to crawl his way out is how we tease him about it now), they did a manipulation that, thankfully, worked but if it didn't work I would have had an emergency c-section. None of my deliveries were routine, although both Paddies and T-Bone were born on their exact due dates.
    Glad T Bone got his act together. Nuchal cords are awful.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Glad T Bone got his act together. Nuchal cords are awful.
    He did spend 2 days in the NICU. They knew he would be fine after about 8 hours, but once you're admitted to the NICU, the minimum stay is 2 days. (That's how long it takes to get the labs back.)

Wink

With shears.
    Lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Oh, man. I’m already nervous enough! That sounds scary.

Pickup hoops again tonight.