Page 1886 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 88613861786183618761884188518861887188818961936198623862886 ... LastLast
Results 37,701 to 37,720 of 67394
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Dan Bonner is still the best college color man in broadcasting. Fight me.
    After all these years, he still cannot properly pronounce Krzyzewski.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You ever been to that part of Winston-Salem where everything is Robin Hood themed?
    I had a friend from Wake who lived in the Sherwood Forest neighborhood. She was rather pretentious and decided it was not prestigious enough, so they moved. I believe, ironically enough, that they moved to Clemmons.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    After all these years, he still cannot properly pronounce Krzyzewski.
    As Bill Rafferty has pointed out, when K was first hired even he couldn't pronounce Krzyzewski...

I had a friend from Wake who lived in the Sherwood Forest neighborhood. She was rather pretentious and decided it was not prestigious enough, so they moved. I believe, ironically enough, that they moved to Clemmons.
    There is some pretentiousness here and I live on what is arguably the prettiest street in the town of Clemmons (which we pretentiously call the Village of Clemmons, but I digress). My neighbors are doctors, scientists, researchers, CEOs. I live here too and I eat a steady diet of pork fat, swear both appropriately and inappropriately (not the same thing) and wear no shirt to walk around when I exercise outside if it's sunny. And they can all suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    There is some pretentiousness here and I live on what is arguably the prettiest street in the town of Clemmons (which we pretentiously call the Village of Clemmons, but I digress). My neighbors are doctors, scientists, researchers, CEOs. I live here too and I eat a steady diet of pork fat, swear both appropriately and inappropriately (not the same thing) and wear no shirt to walk around when I exercise outside if it's sunny. And they can all suck it.
    I hope you are their neighbor.

I hope you are their neighbor.
    I am everyone's worst neighbor.

I am everyone's worst neighbor.
    You and budwom need to compare notes!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    You and budwom need to compare notes!

-jk
    I'm idiot neighbor number 3.

Waiting for the sweet tea to chill.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It is possible to simply chill while waiting for tea to brew. Or even coffee.

-jk

I'm idiot neighbor number 3.
    no no, we already have idiot neighbor 3, you'd theoretically have to be #4 except you don't qualify because you do things like read and exercise and tell funny (non kielbasa based) jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    no no, we already have idiot neighbor 3, you'd theoretically have to be #4 except you don't qualify because you do things like read and exercise and tell funny (non kielbasa based) jokes.
    Hahaha! This is the best compliment.

I apologize if I have not sufficiently articulated the antics of idiot neighbor 3...he's the one whose horse fell in the swimming pool (alcohol related incident)

I apologize if I have not sufficiently articulated the antics of idiot neighbor 3...he's the one whose horse fell in the swimming pool (alcohol related incident)
    Wait. I may actually be idiot neighbor #3.

The horse was drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What did it get angry about?

I had a deer fall in my pool a few years ago.

The deer was not drunk AFAIK.

Meaning you like fancy restaurants? You would not enjoy the hole in the wall place I will be eating crawdads in Lafayette, LA this week then. I am insanely excited about it. But it has dirt floors.
    Just don't call them crawdads in Lafayette, or you're going to get some funny looks!

Funny enough, my mom grew up in Jennings, LA - not far away. We would always go down and visit family 2-3 times a year.

My Dad's family is spread across New Orleans/Hammond/Amite area.

Have some boudin while you're in SW LA!

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    The horse was drinking?
    Husband and wife had a routine of swilling hard liquor on the way home every night from the business they own. As a result, a door barn was left open, gate door to pool was left open, plunk goes the horse. Toxicology results on the horse were inconclusive. There have numerous other "miscues" including lots of falls off horses, tractors, vehicles marooned in ditches, it's almost like a circus act...but no clowns, at least not of the painted face/scary variety...

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Just don't call them crawdads in Lafayette, or you're going to get some funny looks!

Funny enough, my mom grew up in Jennings, LA - not far away. We would always go down and visit family 2-3 times a year.

My Dad's family is spread across New Orleans/Hammond/Amite area.

Have some boudin while you're in SW LA!
    something we share with LA given our large French Canadian population, a great deal of boudin!