Page 818 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 31871876880881681781881982082886891813181818 ... LastLast
Results 16,341 to 16,360 of 67385

Well, isn't this just SWELL!

After the big old Anthem breach, now the pinheads are urging those of us dear affected souls to quickly get their income taxes filed in order to avoid someone filing a fraudulent return with your SS#, etc, etc.

Having a wonderful day here nitpicking through paperwork, receipts, 1099s, just miserable, and now with the spectre of IRS fraud hanging over my empty head.

MAN THIS STINKS!!!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    After the big old Anthem breach, now the pinheads are urging those of us dear affected souls to quickly get their income taxes filed in order to avoid someone filing a fraudulent return with your SS#, etc, etc.

Having a wonderful day here nitpicking through paperwork, receipts, 1099s, just miserable, and now with the spectre of IRS fraud hanging over my empty head.

MAN THIS STINKS!!!
    Check out the IRS website (www.irs.gov) for their information on Identity Theft. They do have a process to provide a pin for someone that has been victimized in this way - I just can't remember if you can get that before you have issues with someone filing with your number or only after it has happened. Not everyone is in a position to be able to file now that might have been hit by this breach.

Here is a link: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Identity-Protection

Thanks DinK. I'm still missing some shreds of immensely important but annoyingly slow-to-arrive information that is making me want to bang my head against a wall.

I always enjoy a good, miserable, loud whinefest whenever the season of tax accounting begins...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Thanks DinK. I'm still missing some shreds of immensely important but annoyingly slow-to-arrive information that is making me want to bang my head against a wall.

I always enjoy a good, miserable, loud whinefest whenever the season of tax accounting begins...
    You are not alone. If you want to come visit Kansas, we could turn it into a winefest - without the H.

Happy birthday, Bob Marley!

One of my all time favorites.

Just as long as the fraudsters pay the IRS what I owe.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Just as long as the fraudsters pay the IRS what I owe.
    Don't hold your breath!

Someone stole my identity a few years ago. They looked me up a few days later and paid some pretty big bucks for me to take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Someone stole my identity a few years ago. They looked me up a few days later and paid some pretty big bucks for me to take it back.
    Is that you, Rodney Dangerfield?

I bet job searching on work computers is frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Only if you get caught before you get a new job? It's ok if the boss tells you to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Only if you get caught before you get a new job? It's ok if the boss tells you to do it?
    The best time to look for a job is when you already have one!

The best time to look for a job is when you already have one!
    You could go with my newest plan - I'm winning powerball tomorrow night and then I won't have to worry about any job but watching my money.

Now I just need to remember to buy a ticket.

I fired someone for doing that. Well not for only doing that - there were a ton of other issues. But that was the straw...

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    You could go with my newest plan - I'm winning powerball tomorrow night and then I won't have to worry about any job but watching my money.

Now I just need to remember to buy a ticket.
    Don't bother. I already have the winning ticket.

Strange, I've had the winning ticket for a couple days now...

What about surfing Duke message boards?

BTW, some HR departments will have someone go searching on the job websites to see if any employees are looking for work. At a previous employer (actually not a bad company at the time), I got word that one of my people had posted his resume on a couple of sites, and I've heard a couple of similar anecdotes over the last few years.
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    What about surfing Duke message boards?
    I use my cell phone and the guest wi-fi for that.

Though someone in Texas shared in the big jackpot, that person was not me. Reporting to work in a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Though someone in Texas shared in the big jackpot, that person was not me. Reporting to work in a little bit.
    I was hoping it was you. I wonder if any of our DBR friends were the NC portion of the winning numbers.

To borrow a thread title, "Men Of The DBR," how much are you enjoying the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition 2015?

As I am officially not an important demographic, even jaded moi was slightly taken aback at the cover shot.