Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Game time 7:00 Friday CBS

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Well, at least it's not 9:30pm. CBS must have lots of Geico/Jamie ads to sell. Or maybe more of those weird Old Bay Filet O'Fish sandwiches. OrangeVanilla Coke to wash that sandwich down perhaps?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Knew we were going to get the prime time lead in on CBS - want the eyeballs

Va Tech the best 4, MSU the best 2...and we got them both.

The committee just sucks

Haven't seen anything yet, but expect Nance, Rafferty, and Grant in Columbia

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    I think the two bolded portions balance pretty well. Having to play Kansas in KC might be tough, but their relative weakness to the other 4s totally evens it out.
    I'm going to give you another hidden advantage. Cincinnati (UC or U Clifton for OH transplants) doesn't have to travel more than 2 hours for the first 2 weekends. All of those sold KY tickets are going to UC fans. They are underrated at #7, particularly if Houston is a #3. Although UVA is a much better team, the #7 seed has a lot of luck winning the South Regional recently. It's also a game nobody wants see; it's about like watching UVA-WI in terms of tempo and scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The ACC really should thank Zion's injury for the 3 #1 seeds. Duke got to be a #1 after he came back so the losses didn't count against Duke, but UNC got 2 wins against a Zionless Duke and those wins counted for them.
    Perhaps they'll reward us next season by signing teletubby turble tv teddy to a long term contract.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Knew we were going to get the prime time lead in on CBS - want the eyeballs
    NC Central is a 5.5 point favorite over North Dakota State and VCU is a 1 point favorite over UCF.

Not looking ahead, but have they set the times for the second games on Sunday? Asking for a friend.

In Columbia the 8/9s should have a strong fan attendance.

Could be tough to get extra tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Oh my god they gave us MSU!!! What a break. We match up great against them. My heart can rest!
    Anybody who complains about RJ holding onto the ball too much can get ready to watch Cassius Winston and realize they are sorely mistaken about RJ.

PG notwithstanding, Cassius believes he is his own best option.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Clemson and State- tough on them.

Kenpom take a look they are ahead of several schools that were picked - Cinci, 4 behind them, got a 7 seed. almost always take all top 30 in kenpom

https://kenpom.com/

both Clemson and state ahead of Syracuse in NET

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...l-net-rankings

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    UNC Central is a 5.5 point favorite over North Dakota State and VCU is a 1 point favorite over UCF.
    That's NC Central, the U is at the end (NCCU).

I would also expect Sunday afternoon on CBS, particularly if the A crew is there. The SC, IA, OH, and OK are on Sunday, and you have to look at the games in pairs for broadcast purposes. There's nothing very intriguing to the casual viewer about any set of pairs relative to Zion dunking and UVA's game. UNC must play a west coast team, which will relegate them to TNT/TBS at night.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Not looking ahead, but have they set the times for the second games on Sunday? Asking for a friend.
    Someone interested in seeing K potentially taking on Johnny Dawkins?

But seriously: I don't think Sunday's game times will be set until Saturday.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post

There were still some left for the public as of Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Well, at least it's not 9:30pm. CBS must have lots of Geico/Jamie ads to sell. Or maybe more of those weird Old Bay Filet O'Fish sandwiches. OrangeVanilla Coke to wash that sandwich down perhaps?
    Weezie - I have no problem with an Old Bay Filet O’Fish sandwich - on paper. But I’d be frightened by what might land in front of me. I lived in Durham for almost 7 years. I have eaten some questionable things.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Clemson and State- tough on them.

Kenpom take a look they are ahead of several schools that were picked - Cinci, 4 behind them, got a 7 seed. almost always take all top 30 in kenpom

https://kenpom.com/
    Yeah, I understand why they got left out, but I think State and Clemson both should have been in.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Won't know officially until late Friday night, but expect Duke to get the last game CBS will show - unclear from this schedule below whether its 5:00 or 6:00. Again, eyeballs will drive schedule. CBS, their last game, and Duke/Zion

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...thing-else-you

Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 84Duke View Post
    ...I have no problem with an Old Bay Filet O’Fish sandwich - on paper. But I’d be frightened by what might land in front of me.
    I think the cheese just hanging there is triggering...