Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    It sounds like Joe Giles-Harris will most likely not play:

@stevewisemanNC
    23m23 minutes ago

David Cutcliffe expressed doubt that all-ACC LB Joe Giles-Harris will play in Thursday's @IndyBowl against Temple. Said he's practiced some.
    "He’s given everything he can to get himself ready, but it’s been a challenge," Cutcliffe said Wednesday.
    Koby Quansah is ready to play.
    Bob Green

Certainly not a surprise but very disappointing. We very likely have seen JGH play his last game at Duke. Love JGH.

Adam Rowe now tweeting "Most likely will cause him to return next year from what I've been told."

WOW! We can hope.
    Last edited by chrishoke; 12-26-2018 at 03:17 PM.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Uniform: Blue Helmet with Duke in script, Blue Jersey and White Pants.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Uniform: Blue Helmet with Duke in script, Blue Jersey and White Pants.
    Do we have advanced stats on how we perform in these uniforms, on December 27th, when the kickoff is at 1:30pm against opponents from Philadelphia? I’m asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Do we have advanced stats on how we perform in these uniforms, on December 27th, when the kickoff is at 1:30pm against opponents from Philadelphia? I’m asking for a friend.
    We've never lost.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    We've never lost.
    Thanks, Bob. Based on your input, my friend is betting large...

BC Boise CANCELLED

Can't remember this ever happening...after getting about 5 minutes of play in, weather has forced cancellation of BC Boise. Anyone ever seen this? What a let down that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Can't remember this ever happening...after getting about 5 minutes of play in, weather has forced cancellation of BC Boise. Anyone ever seen this? What a let down that would be.
    If I flew out there to watch it as a fan, I would be furious.

If I was a coach with an incentive clause for Bowl victories or performance, I would be furious.

If I was a school that had to buy guaranteed tickets as part of the appearance, I would be furious.

This ain't over.

Looks like the same weather system will continue to bring thunderstorm chance to Shreveport Thursday, but the forecast I found says it should clear out "late", whenever that is.

From ESPN: "NCAA spokesman J.D. Hamilton said via email that it was believed to be the first bowl canceled by weather. Hawaii's planned second postseason game of 1941, against San Jose State, was canceled because of the attack on Pearl Harbor."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    From ESPN: "NCAA spokesman J.D. Hamilton said via email that it was believed to be the first bowl canceled by weather. Hawaii's planned second postseason game of 1941, against San Jose State, was canceled because of the attack on Pearl Harbor."
    Ah yes, the Pineapple Bowl.

There’s an incredible passage in “Fields of Battle” about this... the SJSU and Willamette University players were having breakfast when the planes flew overhead. Several of them were immediately deputized by the Honolulu police department and deployed on the streets to maintain order as marshal law was declared.

wow, amazing history nugget there, thanks!

During halftime of the cheez-it bowl, ESPN did a quick preview for the independence bowl and said, featuring the now number two rated draft eligible qb Daniel Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    During halftime of the cheez-it bowl, ESPN did a quick preview for the independence bowl and said, featuring the now number two rated draft eligible qb Daniel Jones.
    In that report, who was 1? Grier? Lock?

Also, with Oregon's Herbert staying in college, and questions about Ryan Finley's arm strength being bandied around, it looks like DJ has moved up recently.

The weather report for our bowl game now shows sunny and temperature in the 60's at game time.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

The weather report for our bowl game now shows sunny and temperature in the 60's at game time.
    Rained hard last night and continues raining now. Rain predicted to stop between 10:00 and 10:30.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If I flew out there to watch it as a fan, I would be furious.

If I was a coach with an incentive clause for Bowl victories or performance, I would be furious.

If I was a school that had to buy guaranteed tickets as part of the appearance, I would be furious.

This ain't over.
    if your QB was hit by lightning, you'd be furious!

In that report, who was 1? Grier? Lock?

Also, with Oregon's Herbert staying in college, and questions about Ryan Finley's arm strength being bandied around, it looks like DJ has moved up recently.
    The promo was right after they announced that Herbert was staying. So they implied that Jones was behind Herbert and has now moved up.

I'm doing this by memory but here are the terrible NFL teams that need QBs:
    Giants
    Broncos
    Jaguars
    Bucs

Hard to see Daniel falling out of the first rounds if he is indeed the second ranked QB. Most people on this board won't like this, but I wonder if Daniel is considering not playing today?

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    The promo was right after they announced that Herbert was staying. So they implied that Jones was behind Herbert and has now moved up.

I'm doing this by memory but here are the terrible NFL teams that need QBs:
    Giants
    Broncos
    Jaguars
    Bucs

Hard to see Daniel falling out of the first rounds if he is indeed the second ranked QB. Most people on this board won't like this, but I wonder if Daniel is considering not playing today?
    He's been practicing with the team and making preparations to play today.