The Brotherhood.

I know people don't like to think about K's retirement. The obvious questions are who will replace him? Will Duke be able recruit at the same level? Let's face it. There is now way it's going to be the same.
    Well I have been thinking lately that maybe an exit strategy is the creation of a 'Brotherhood' Brand? K leaves but The alumni continue to return, continue to support. The legacy continues. I have only been following Duke for 8 ish years. I am probably way off but I just have this hunch. Could this be the answer for when the horrible day arrives. Of course Duke will need an excellent coach but no one can follow the GOAT!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Ray Kurzweil says we can live forever. Problem solved. Next.
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    I know people don't like to think about K's retirement. The obvious questions are who will replace him? Will Duke be able recruit at the same level? Let's face it. There is now way it's going to be the same.
    Well I have been thinking lately that maybe an exit strategy is the creation of a 'Brotherhood' Brand? K leaves but The alumni continue to return, continue to support. The legacy continues. I have only been following Duke for 8 ish years. I am probably way off but I just have this hunch. Could this be the answer for when the horrible day arrives. Of course Duke will need an excellent coach but no one can follow the GOAT!
    First off, nice Max Headroom avatar. I don't think you are off base, but my take was that the Brotherhood brand had more to do with trying to create a sense of continuity in the wake of Duke's embrace of the one-and-done era. I think all of your points still apply, but I feel like the original impetus was more about the players than K himself.

Maybe we could call it the "Big Brotherhood Brand."
    This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
    No trees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Maybe we could call it the "Big Brotherhood Brand."
    If that's a shoe I want a pair. Size 10.5, please.