Page 14 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624641145141014 ... LastLast

longest thread

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Since I'm on vacation I've missed a lot, even though I check the board daily. But man, I walk away for a day and this thread has exploded. Kudos to everyone for keeping it a live.

BostonDevil, congrats on things going well for your wee one.

DevilAlumna, will miss seeing you, or rather reading your posts, on a regular basis throughout the day. Good luck with the new position. Hope you'll find time to hang out on the board.

Wilson, umm, can you send some of your egg nog to the Triangle?

EarlJam, we need to find you a girl!

My NYD tradition is to eat Chinese food. Not too many good places around Raleigh. Anyone have any suggestions other than Neo China? When I lived in Massachusetts it seemed the thing to do and I sort of stuck with it when I moved to NC.

Imperial Garden at the corner of Lead Mine and Sawmill-used to be Hangchow from Creekside Drive until the owners got into a dispute with the city council folks over a sign and moved. Great Chinese food and I am not saying that just cuz' one of my patients and her husband own the joint . PM me for more details.

longest thread

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Well, on this incarnation of board software, the longest thread is @ 695 replies (Football Coach discussion, EK Board.) This thread is now second only to the Michael Vick thread on the OT board (my post will push it past Ymmm, Beer.) It would be 4th on the PPB board, underneath the amalgamated threads on health care, global climate change, and gun control.
    I need to go back to posting on the Ymmm beer thread to bolster those #

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Imperial Garden at the corner of Lead Mine and Sawmill-used to be Hangchow from Creekside Drive until the owners got into a dispute with the city council folks over a sign and moved. Great Chinese food and I am not saying that just cuz' one of my patients and her husband own the joint . PM me for more details.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will check it out in a week or so. Oh, haven't made it to the suggested locale in Chevy Chase as have been having tummy issues and beer is the last thing I need.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm looking for some good Chinese in the North Shore area. Do you or BB have any thoughts?
    My favorite Chinese place was a dive off Main Street in Woburn. I think it was called China Delight and they only did take out. Course that was ten years ago so don't even know if I have the name and location right. I have a friend whose parents own a Chinese restaurant in Billerica/Burlington - can't remember which. Will get the name and location for you and PM it to you. It'll take me a couple days, but I'll get it to you.

BTW, I completely agree with you regarding the parental love for animals. I have two cats and no kids. In fact I brought my cats with me to my parents for Christmas, couldn't leave them at home alone for over a week.

longest thread

Thanks for the suggestion. Will check it out in a week or so. Oh, haven't made it to the suggested locale in Chevy Chase as have been having tummy issues and beer is the last thing I need.
    No excuses. A win over unc(any sport)and a good strong ale(or porter or stout) will cure just about anything

longest thread

hope you feel better soon(used another post so I could add to the thread )

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Totally changing topic yet again --

I have never been around kids much (besides when I was one.) I don't have any close friends in the area with children, and I've never been too geographically close to family with babies.

Last night, my husband's sister gave birth to a beautiful little girl. I got to hold a 20min. old newborn. Her feet were blue like a smurf's; she smelled wonderful; she barely cried, except when she was getting her first bath (but she fell asleep while she was getting her hair washed.) It was a wonderful wonderful experience. I'd never seen anything like it.

Now I understand why new parents are so instantly fond of this insistent needy creature that has otherwise destroyed their way of life. : )
    I know exactly what you mean re holding a newborn. I told a friend of mine, who is the mother of my goddaughter, that I'm living vicariously through them as I'm not going to have little ones of my own. Course I think that's why she asked me to be the godmother. That little girl will be loved and spoiled if I have anything to do about it.

Enjoy your new niece!! And, congrats to your brother in-law and sister in-law.

P.S. If you want to be THE favorite aunt, give her half-birthday presents, i.e. presents in June. It really stinks getting birthday and Christmas presents days apart and then nothing for a year.

longest thread

and pad my stats

longest thread

dang, still not a starter yet-must work harder

No excuses. A win over unc(any sport)and a good strong ale(or porter or stout) will cure just about anything
    Perhaps I should have had one Thursday night, just to take my mind off the events of the evening.

Thanks (me too, used another post to add to the thread. Are we becoming PW's? ).

Come on, people. An hour and a half with no posts? That's not gonna get the job done. Family? Dinner? Pish posh.

I love Burt Reynolds. Discuss.

Tea, Angel on Top.

I just had a rabito. It's a fig stuffed with dark chocolate and brandy liqueur, then dipped in even more dark chocolate.

Worth every calorie, and then some.

I make no comment on Burt Reynolds, except to say that the 'stache unnerves me a little.

At the movies: popcorn or candy?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthgateWindsor View Post
    I make no comment on Burt Reynolds, except to say that the 'stache unnerves me a little.
    Nothing on Burt, but Jerry Reed's music is very unappreciated.

Made it down to Macon on an overloaded poultry truck;
    Thought my guitar would set 'em on fire;
    But ain't nobody ready to hire a guitar man.

-EarlJam

Painted Toenails

Just painted my toenails (first time). How long do I need to wait before I put stockings on?

-EarlJam

Horse?

Quote Originally Posted by j.j. jones View Post
    horses are pretty cool too

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm no horticulturist, but I think somethings wrong with your horse.

wait

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Just painted my toenails (first time). How long do I need to wait before I put stockings on?

-EarlJam
    wait until you sober up

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    wait until you sober up
    From the alcohol, heroin, or both?

alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    From the alcohol, heroin, or both?
    I don't think heroin does anything to your toes. I drank some wine before dinner, and then had some with dinner, and okay maybe a little after dinner. But I haven't found the heroine yet.

And now for something completely different . . .

My daughter is a writer. She's upstairs writing now. I intruded into her space long enough to ask what she's writing now. The title of this book is "Once I killed a man". Should I be worried?