Page 375 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 2753253653733743753763773854254758751375 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,500 of 67415
    Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Adding my safe travel wishes and good vibes for a win over Xavier. My parents and nephew are joining Ozzie at the game. Wish I could be there, but I just can't get away from work. Dang it to hell.
    Your parents called me today just before noon and wanted to know where I was (about 18 miles into VA on I-95). Their flight to NYC was canceled, and they are driving up - they were probably an hour or so behind me. Don't know how far they will drive today - I told them go as close to NYC as they can get (I assume they want to keep their hotel reservation in Manhattan tonight?)

I'm safely at BDBD's house near DC, and we are going to the Wizzard's game tonight, but alas no Elton Brand for the 76'ers Driving up tomorrow morning to NJ shouldn't be too bad. Coming back on Sunday may be another story?????
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Your parents called me today just before noon and wanted to know where I was (about 18 miles into VA on I-95). Their flight to NYC was canceled, and they are driving up - they were probably an hour or so behind me. Don't know how far they will drive today - I told them go as close to NYC as they can get (I assume they want to keep their hotel reservation in Manhattan tonight?)

I'm safely at BDBD's house near DC, and we are going to the Wizzard's game tonight, but alas no Elton Brand for the 76'ers Driving up tomorrow morning to NJ shouldn't be too bad. Coming back on Sunday may be another story?????
    Just spoke with the parents and they are north of Baltimore in typical Friday evening traffic. If I know them, they'll keep pushing until they get to NY.

It was fun being reared by rabid Duke fans! They've been to Alaska twice to watch Duke play bball and now refusing to cancel their trip due to a little snow I'm so proud of them

Wow, I'm not sure how to say how much I admire their devotion. I certainly don't measure up...

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Just spoke with the parents and they are north of Baltimore in typical Friday evening traffic. If I know them, they'll keep pushing until they get to NY.

It was fun being reared by rabid Duke fans! They've been to Alaska twice to watch Duke play bball and now refusing to cancel their trip due to a little snow I'm so proud of them
    YAY, MamaPA and PapaPA!

I <3 them.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    You have to watch lots of re-runs of Batman and Speed Racer.
    I loved Speed Racer, never saw the movie though. Was it any good?

What's the deadline on the posting goal? The start/end of the day on the 20th? The time of the first post?

And what number are we shooting for again?

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    And what number are we shooting for again?
    I'm thinking it's 7,500. We can do it!!!

I had a really good day! How about you guys? I went to war with this a-hole at work and I kicked butt! All I gotta say is: don't mess with a woman about to have her first hot flash

We left work early due to the threat of snow...

Where did everyone go?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Where did everyone go?
    Shopping. I'm back!

Christmas shopping? Everyone was Snow is coming! grocery shopping this afternoon. I thought I was back down south.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    I loved Speed Racer, never saw the movie though. Was it any good?
    It was quite horrendous IMHO. I was a captive audience however, I saw it on a plane from Boston to Las Vegas.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Shopping. I'm back!
    I'm grading ... I'm not back yet into full posting mode.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Christmas shopping? Everyone was Snow is coming! grocery shopping this afternoon. I thought I was back down south.
    It was 68 degrees a few minutes ago when I came home from shopping. It's windy, so I suspect that colder weather is blowing in tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I'm grading ... I'm not back yet into full posting mode.
    Do you give essay tests, multiple choice tests, fill-in-the-blank tests, or a combination? Or maybe you don't give final exams and instead have your students present term papers?

For the sake of the LTE goals, can't everyone get A's?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have discovered I'm not as devoted to the Celtics as I am to the Devils. Actually, I already knew that but here's proof. Originally, hubby was supposed to take the older three boys but his back is still bad enough that sitting in Garden seats wasn't an option. So, I was supposed to take them. Once they declared a snow emergency, I backed out. If we still lived in Cambridge and I could have walked to the T, I was there, but the 2 miles to the outdoor T stop where I now live? No way. Sorry KG. I considered calling a cab and I called the Newton police to find out if it was even possible to park anywhere near the T tonight (it's not). I punted. We ate $180 worth of Celtics tickets. Man.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    We only have 59 posts to go to make our secondary goal of 7320.