Page 2258 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 125817582158220822482256225722582259226022682308235827583258 ... LastLast
Results 45,141 to 45,160 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Asked and Answered (previously) As I noted earlier today, the only thing worse than socks with Crocs (which is absolutely a horrific look) is socks with sandals, giving a really bad Yerpeen Tourist look.
    Socks with sandals is indispensable in one situation and one situation only: Navigating the rocks at my mother's cabin in northern Minnesota. This cannot be done purely in socks, and putting shoes on while I'm up there is an outright crime, but sometimes it is just so dang COLD! I need the socks, man, I just need 'em.

On our family trip to Alaska, I went all in. Bought my first pair of Birkenstocks at the state fair and wore them on the cruise with wool socks. It was end of August/beginning of September so still summer/sandal weather for me but it got cold at night.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    On our family trip to Alaska, I went all in. Bought my first pair of Birkenstocks at the state fair and wore them on the cruise with wool socks. It was end of August/beginning of September so still summer/sandal weather for me but it got cold at night.
    I am picturing my 7th grade social studies teacher. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Socks with sandals is indispensable in one situation and one situation only: Navigating the rocks at my mother's cabin in northern Minnesota. This cannot be done purely in socks, and putting shoes on while I'm up there is an outright crime, but sometimes it is just so dang COLD! I need the socks, man, I just need 'em.
    ooh, socks in sandals for a hike is a Dr. Safety No No! When I chatted up the rangers at several of the Utah National Parks a few years ago, they said problems one two and three for them were people hiking in sandals, flip flops, and other unsuitable footwear...so be careful!

question: where in Northern Minnesota? (I once worked up there)...

ooh, socks in sandals for a hike is a Dr. Safety No No! When I chatted up the rangers at several of the Utah National Parks a few years ago, they said problems one two and three for them were people hiking in sandals, flip flops, and other unsuitable footwear...so be careful!

Welp, I frequently hike in sandals. So far, so good.

I'm guessing they are referring to folks who *never* hike and embark down a trail with a pair of flip-flops.

I know folks who have hiked the majority of the AT in sandals.

Who said anything about hiking? I just need to get past the rocks to the best seat on the shoreline. The view of loons is from the point, but I don't want to fall into the drink along the way.

It is Lake Kabetogama. Waterfront at Voyageurs.

Who said anything about hiking? I just need to get past the rocks to the best seat on the shoreline. The view of loons is from the point, but I don't want to fall into the drink along the way.

hey, don't blame me if an angry Dr. Scholl shows up to admonish you! Sounds like a nice lake...

hey, don't blame me if an angry Dr. Scholl shows up to admonish you! Sounds like a nice lake...
    If he's there to replace my sandals, I accept. If he's there solely to admonish me, he better know how to swim...

If he's there to replace my sandals, I accept. If he's there solely to admonish me, he better know how to swim...
    those inserts he has are really flotation devices...plus he admonishes in German, so it's no big deal.

"View of loons" is the alternative title of this thread I think.

plus he admonishes in German
    Ich kann ein bisschen Deutsch verstehen.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Ich kann ein bisschen Deutsch verstehen.
    Ich nicht.

Streudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Streudel.
    Remember, Indoor says no dirty talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Welp, I frequently hike in sandals. So far, so good.

I'm guessing they are referring to folks who *never* hike and embark down a trail with a pair of flip-flops.

I know folks who have hiked the majority of the AT in sandals.
    I know folks who hiked the AT in crocs and socks.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I know folks who hiked the AT in crocs and socks.
    Was it Dr. Seuss? Did they eat green eggs and ham?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Was it Dr. Seuss? Did they eat green eggs and ham?
    Little known fact: it was originally oh, the places you shouldn’t go in your crocs and socks.

I've never tried on cross, but have owned multiple pairs of flip flops in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I've never tried on cross, but have owned multiple pairs of flip flops in my life.
    I own... Probably 8 pairs of sandals and flipflops at the moment. Two pairs of boots. Two pairs of athletic shoes. And probably some dress shoes if I look around really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    They are indispensable for plantar fasciitis. And after that, you're addicted!
    I second this. I got a pair when I had issues with plantar fasciitis, and Crocs are wonderful for that. So are Birkenstocks and Danskos.