Page 588 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 8848853857858658758858959059863868810881588 ... LastLast
Results 11,741 to 11,760 of 67390

Smile

When the Atlanta Braves 2008 thread goes, expect the numbers to fall like the stock market. In the mean time...

Red Queen Hypothesis!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    When the Atlanta Braves 2008 thread goes, expect the numbers to fall like the stock market. In the mean time...

Red Queen Hypothesis!
    At least for those who posted in it.

Red Queen Hypothesis!
    I'd be curious to see the effects if/when some of the 2007 threads disappear and who would be affected most. I have a theory/prediction about that...

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    At least for those who posted in it.
    I was surprised to see that I had passed you while losing posts overnight. I have to get to work to try to get ahead of you again.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I was surprised to see that I had passed you while losing posts overnight. I have to get to work to try to get ahead of you again.
    Which way did you pass here? Ascending or descending?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Which way did you pass here? Ascending or descending?
    I lost posts - but she lost more posts. Therefore, she descended faster than I.

Question History question

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'd be curious to see the effects if/when some of the 2007 threads disappear and who would be affected most. I have a theory/prediction about that...
    I really hope that the history of this board will not be deleted away.

One suggestion: a thread called THIS DAY IN DBR HISTORY, as sort of a reminder as to where we've been. It would also catch up some of the newer DBR posters.

Some of the older threads (e.g., the BACON days) were priceless. I really wish I could see some of them.

Is there a DBR archive?

Thanks,
    Lavabe

Red Queen Hypothesis!
    RQH it is then...

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I think I'm going to Minneapolis.

The team is going, but I'm not 100% if I'm going. Probably but will know for sure tomorrow.

Minneapolis. Sigh.
    I've never been to Minneapolis, but I've heard great things about it. Of course, summer would be better, but it could be worse. Hopefully you'll have a bit of time to explore if you get to go.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    You're right. I've dropped back down to #10, behind Shamrog. Lost 25 to 30 posts. Grrrrrr.
    That's about the same number of posts that I lost. I stopped posting last night when I reached Chris Duhon status, IIRC (1268 points). That means I lost over 30 posts.

Thought to ponder: at the risk of sending us to the EK Forum, will Lawson's toe be healed enough for him to play this weekend? If not, do we consider this karmic retribution for the whole will-he-or-won't-he-play dance that Ol' Roy gave everyone before the unc-Duke rematch?

I'm posting away but can't keep up with the post cutting machine...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Hmmm, wonder if I've lost any posts, let's see.

Oh wow, yes I have, over 30 myself. I'll have to think of something special for 1500 number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hmmm, wonder if I've lost any posts, let's see.
    My question is why do they care about "extraneous" posts? How does it harm DBR, so why cut?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm posting away but can't keep up with the post cutting machine...
    Red Queen Hypothesis

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    My question is why do they care about "extraneous" posts? How does it harm DBR, so why cut?
    It does cost $$ to host a website and associated data. Be sure to support your local DBR!

DBR Shin kickers needed

I need some shins kicked. I don't want to go into the story, it will just get me all pissed off again but, if you don't mind, just mentally kick a shin. Thanks.

I need some shins kicked. I don't want to go into the story, it will just get me all pissed off again but, if you don't mind, just mentally kick a shin. Thanks.
    Your wish is my command! As it turns out, I'm in the mood to kick some shins myself, so they're getting a good, hard, mental kick on your behalf.

And, while we're all at it, could everyone please join me in a good mental shin-kicking of AIG? (at the risk of sending us to the PPB...)

I have mentally kicked several shins on your behalf.

Consider it done. May I also request a mental shin kicking for a person who shall remain unnamed on these boards.