Page 461 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3614114514594604614624634715115619611461 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,220 of 67385

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    off to the EK forum for a while...
    Don't get lost there. They might start up a thread about Louisville Pittsburgh. Shoot, I just saw a good thread about Pittsnogel.

interesting rugby match going on in little john now...
    There isn't enough rugby here in the US

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Hey Ymo, I'm seeing you tonight, right? Don't be late, they are beyond sold out and they will give your seat away! (As long as you are there by 7:50pm you will be fine.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hey Ymo, I'm seeing you tonight, right? Don't be late, they are beyond sold out and they will give your seat away! (As long as you are there by 7:50pm you will be fine.)
    I'm headed out the door shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    No matzah ball soup there, right?
    Another safe assumption...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    There isn't enough rugby here in the US
    you must have missed the Duke-f$u MBB game recently then...

it might be quiet here for a while with BD and Ymo at the theatre and a gang at Tyler's after the Duke-GU game today.

Don't get lost there. They might start up a thread about Louisville Pittsburgh. Shoot, I just saw a good thread about Pittsnogel.
    They actually have a heck of a game going on now. Pitt is fighting for their lives.

My cold is foolishly trying to hold on to me (I am a week into it). Got my drugs... got my juice and got my "caretaker", and Duke once again prevails! The germs haven't a chance!!
    Ah yes, the sweet release of a drug induced state. The colors, the colors!!!!
    Last edited by knights68; 01-17-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: additions

Quote Originally Posted by knights68 View Post
    My cold is foolishly trying to hold on to me (I am a week into it). Got my drugs... got my juice and got my "caretaker", and Duke once again prevails! The germs haven't a chance!!
    You reminded me of the only interview question I remember when I met with a Duke rep in my house. I worked in a pharmacy in high school and he asked why I liked working there. Due to a scheduling issue, my friend was there during the meeting but sitting where the interviewer didn't have her in his line of vision - she is giving me a silent "gimme drugs, gimme drugs" to that question and I had to try to keep a straight face. Not easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by knights68 View Post
    I hope you get to feeling better.

Wish me luck. We are spending the weekend at the coast with some friends and the 'canes-holes are on the tv now. I'm getting nauseated looking at the colors but they were nice enough to watch Duke beat the Hoyas with us today. Should I humor them and stay in the room (don't even think about me rooting for unc) or should I politely excuse myself and go read or trim my nails. Tough decisions in life.

I'm going to need medical attention before the night is over watching the officiating in the canes-holes game. unc has shot about 10 ft to 0 for miami, tyler has travelled at least 5 times with no violations called and several hacks have not been called on the holes despite quite a few miami players hitting the deck. Ugghh.

I'm going to need medical attention before the night is over watching the officiating in the canes-holes game. unc has shot about 10 ft to 0 for miami, tyler has travelled at least 5 times with no violations called and several hacks have not been called on the holes despite quite a few miami players hitting the deck. Ugghh.
    Have another beer and try to name the capitals of the 50 states. I'll give you one - Topeka is the capital of Kansas.

Some of us didn't get the game on TV. So we had to listen/watch the Snrubchat.

But now that the game is over ... YEAH!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I had to work during the game. I kept espn.com gametracker on and watched live score updates. The game is on my DVR, ready for me to watch.

Little water damage. Since it wasn't a cold pipe burst, not covered by insurance.
    Oh, man. That really stinks. Sorry to hear that! Hope the damage wasn't too extensive/expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I had to work during the game. I kept espn.com gametracker on and watched live score updates. The game is on my DVR, ready for me to watch.
    I worked also but didn't track the game. I came home to watch it without knowing the result. Does my cheering while watching the game on tape help us win?

I vaguely recall when the ACC refs had Shavlik Randolph on their training film. He wound up getting called for fouls a ton.

I was hoping that Bob Knight's ESPN piece with BeaKER taking 5 steps would have done something about his traveling.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Oh, man. That really stinks. Sorry to hear that! Hope the damage wasn't too extensive/expensive.
    $1000 in repair. Just got the water bill. We'll be asking the water company for a revision, because an $800 water bill just isn't going to work with us.

I'm serious. $800 water bill.

Egads.

Red face

I will be pulling for UConn women Monday night...

... they play the Holes.