Page 2667 of 3388 FirstFirst ... 16672167256726172657266526662667266826692677271727673167 ... LastLast
Results 53,321 to 53,340 of 67748
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    After checking out at home depot, I once closed my trunk on a shovel that accidentally fell into the gap between the back of the trunk and the back windshield. When I shut it, the shovel was forced into the back windshield and spiderwebbed it high heaven. On the drive home, I kept hearing these "clink" "clinks" as bits of glass fell out when I hit a bump.

Does that make you feel better?
    In the guise of misery loves company, kinda. There was little to nothing I could do to avoid the rock, etc. So, in that sense I do feel better.

His story is here:

SGT James John Regan (T'02)

https://rangersremembered.com/portfo...t-james-regan/

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post

His story is here:

SGT James John Regan (T'02)

https://rangersremembered.com/portfo...t-james-regan/
    Thanks Ymo.

That’s very nice, YMo.

I’m a little miffed though because I was all geeked out about posting about how I saw 2 snakes mating in a bush in my walk this morning but then came here and saw your solemn post and thought better of it.
    Nobody likes being the boob that drags the thread south after some serious posts.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    The thought that the blood spatter was way too much and too high up on the walls of the stairwell for it to have come from a fall. And that the wounds did not match a fall but being hit with a weapon.
    Except the blood splatter expert, Duane Deaver, wasn't actually an expert. The sum total of his bloodstain expertise was 2 courses and he never joined any of the professional bloodstain analysis organizations. He was fired after an independent investigation into his unit, the SBI, "called into question the lab's work in 229 criminal cases". More than one person has been set free as a result of going back over Deaver's deeply problematic career. Blood splatter analysis in the Peterson case is so tainted by the presence of Deaver's analysis and testimony, that don't believe a word of it. Deaver didn't go to jail, but he should have.

That’s very nice, YMo.

I’m a little miffed though because I was all geeked out about posting about how I saw 2 snakes mating in a bush in my walk this morning but then came here and saw your solemn post and thought better of it.
    Nobody likes being the boob that drags the thread south after some serious posts.
    Did you just call me nobody?

Goodnight, all.

Everyone woke up ready to play at 5:30 AM. Except dada and mama.

79 hours ‘til summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Except the blood splatter expert, Duane Deaver, wasn't actually an expert. The sum total of his bloodstain expertise was 2 courses and he never joined any of the professional bloodstain analysis organizations. He was fired after an independent investigation into his unit, the SBI, "called into question the lab's work in 229 criminal cases". More than one person has been set free as a result of going back over Deaver's deeply problematic career. Blood splatter analysis in the Peterson case is so tainted by the presence of Deaver's analysis and testimony, that don't believe a word of it. Deaver didn't go to jail, but he should have.
    I'm not talking about Deaver's testimony. He's a slimeball, granted. But Henry Lee's overthetop ketchup spitting on a poster board was ridiculous. As a layperson, looking at the amounts of blood and the location, it is not remotely logical that that could happen from a fall down the stairs, even if she hit her head multiple times, which is doubtful. It makes the most sense, outside of "expert" testimony, that the blood came from being hit with a weapon while she was standing, not falling.

Got a call from a college classmate of mine, with whom I had not spoken in . . well, a long, long time. She updated me on several people with whom I had also not had contact. After hearing about them, I am rather glad I did not keep in touch. Basically stories of bad breakups, too much partying, and one mixing pain pills with alcohol and dramatically locking herself in a wedding venue bathroom.

Some people just cannot get over their sorority days, even decades later. Sad.

Got a call from a college classmate of mine, with whom I had not spoken in . . well, a long, long time. She updated me on several people with whom I had also not had contact. After hearing about them, I am rather glad I did not keep in touch. Basically stories of bad breakups, too much partying, and one mixing pain pills with alcohol and dramatically locking herself in a wedding venue bathroom.

Some people just cannot get over their sorority days, even decades later. Sad.
    That is so much drama. I think some people just absolutely love drama and seek it out. They would tell you they don't, but it seems like they glory in the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    79 hours ‘til summer.
    Down to about 74 now.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm not talking about Deaver's testimony. He's a slimeball, granted. But Henry Lee's overthetop ketchup spitting on a poster board was ridiculous. As a layperson, looking at the amounts of blood and the location, it is not remotely logical that that could happen from a fall down the stairs, even if she hit her head multiple times, which is doubtful. It makes the most sense, outside of "expert" testimony, that the blood came from being hit with a weapon while she was standing, not falling.
    OK. I haven't followed the case as closely as locals have and I have admitted my bias towards the Durham DA's office, so perhaps both Deaver and Peterson as slimeballs. In my own personal ranking, Deaver is worse.

Goodnight, all.

I'm still of the opinion that we should swap Memorial Day and Veterans' Day. Memorial Day marks the start of summer, with grilling, gatherings, and fun events. But those kinds of events should be the occasion to honor and celebrate with those who served but are still living. Veterans' Day, on the other hand, is deep into fall and on the cusp of winter, and aligns with the European Remembrance Day/Armistice Day, which honors the fallen and created to mark the surrender in WWI. There's no one left from that war to honor, and it better serves to have a moment of quiet contemplation in the waiting period before the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons begin.

I think I might be alone on this island, but the timing of these two holidays in this country is all wrong. Veterans, thank you. For me, this past weekend was for you, not for your fallen compatriots. I will mourn the latter at the Eleventh Hour of the Eleventh Day of the Eleventh Month.

Is a group of armed babies an infantry?

Is a group of armed babies an infantry?
    Only if they have been climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I'm still of the opinion that we should swap Memorial Day and Veterans' Day. Memorial Day marks the start of summer, with grilling, gatherings, and fun events. But those kinds of events should be the occasion to honor and celebrate with those who served but are still living. Veterans' Day, on the other hand, is deep into fall and on the cusp of winter, and aligns with the European Remembrance Day/Armistice Day, which honors the fallen and created to mark the surrender in WWI. There's no one left from that war to honor, and it better serves to have a moment of quiet contemplation in the waiting period before the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons begin.

I think I might be alone on this island, but the timing of these two holidays in this country is all wrong. Veterans, thank you. For me, this past weekend was for you, not for your fallen compatriots. I will mourn the latter at the Eleventh Hour of the Eleventh Day of the Eleventh Month.

I see your point and it makes sense. I'll recognize the day, whichever day it is.

Only if they have been climbing.
    Buddy's kid swallowed all the tiles in a Scramble set, worried the next trip to the bathroom might spell disaster.

Buddy's kid swallowed all the tiles in a Scramble set, worried the next trip to the bathroom might spell disaster.
    Pretty good actually.