Page 1696 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 69611961596164616861694169516961697169817061746179621962696 ... LastLast
Results 33,901 to 33,920 of 67652
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    And while we are on the subject of liver, I always enjoy a good pate.
    Ok. Pâté is good.

I miss the political thread. I have so many dumb political thoughts to share.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I miss the political thread. I have so many dumb political thoughts to share.
    I enjoy listening to music instead of the news on my way to and from work. Oh, and not bothering to read Politico every morning.

I may have gotten a late check-out date, but I’m definitely checked-out.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I enjoy listening to music instead of the news on my way to and from work. Oh, and not bothering to read Politico every morning.

I may have gotten a late check-out date, but I’m definitely checked-out.
    I can't identify. Obviously meat is more important in my life, but listening to The Daily, 538, Fresh Air (Terry Gross is a NATIONAL TREASURE and my personal hero is NPR rock critic Ken Tucker...no one has a better job description than that) podcasts keep me informed. The good news is I am not emotional about information. So many of my friends on both sides are.

I can't identify. Obviously meat is more important in my life, but listening to The Daily, 538, Fresh Air (Terry Gross is a NATIONAL TREASURE and my personal hero is NPR rock critic Ken Tucker...no one has a better job description than that) podcasts keep me informed. The good news is I am not emotional about information. So many of my friends on both sides are.
    Besides the Dan Carlin stuff I’ve mentioned before (thanks, Nrrrrvous!) I was a huge fan of the Joseph Campbell lecture series on myths. Very illuminating.

Besides the Dan Carlin stuff I’ve mentioned before (thanks, Nrrrrvous!) I was a huge fan of the Joseph Campbell lecture series on myths. Very illuminating.
    Bruce Campbell's brother?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Earl Campbell's brother.

I like liverwurst. Man, if it’s in an intestinal casing, I’m there.
    and given your place of residence, may we have a nice round of applause for some lovely scrapple? Lots of good liver essence there as well...like a nice liver pate'...

Earl Campbell's brother.
    The Tyler Rose by any other name.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    and given your place of residence, may we have a nice round of applause for some lovely scrapple? Lots of good liver essence there as well...like a nice liver pate'...
    Sweet, sizzlin scrapple. More evidence that God wants us to be happy, along with garlic and sweatpants.

Bubba Ho-Tep is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. He was born for that role.

But seriously -- the Joseph Campbell lecture series is fantastic. That is, if you like the life well-examined.

Sweet, sizzlin scrapple. More evidence that God wants us to be happy, along with garlic and sweatpants.
    You had to take it one step too far.

Sun's out!

au contraire here, must pull out the shovels and snow rake and get to work on the homestead...

Bubba Ho-Tep is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. He was born for that role.

But seriously -- the Joseph Campbell lecture series is fantastic. That is, if you like the life well-examined.
    Was that a shot? That feels like a shot. If you like the life well-examined...right after my post about scrapple and sweatpants. Honestly.

I do not eat pate.

First tried it for extra credit in French class on French Food Day. Let's just say that when your introduction to it is pate made with chicken livers by a high school student, you can easily be turned off it FOR LIFE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Sun's out!
    Taps aff?

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/history/glasgow-weather-taps-aff-sunbathing-16149879

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    First tried it for extra credit in French class on French Food Day. Let's just say that when your introduction to it is pate made with chicken livers by a high school student, you can easily be turned off it FOR LIFE!
    OK. I tried to describe myself as "the tyranny of evil men" a couple of days ago. But after some soul searching while reading your post, I'm more like the pate in this situation and you are the stand-in for every girl I ever dated.

Was that a shot? That feels like a shot. If you like the life well-examined...right after my post about scrapple and sweatpants. Honestly.
    No stones tossed here. When I was a kid, one of my favorite lunches was to get a can of Hormel corned beef hash, warm it in a skillet, and eat the whole can with a sea of ketchup on top.

It was more a warning to those who are comfortable in their beliefs and faiths. He loosely defines myths as "other people's religions," and religions as "minsunderstood myths." And it goes from there. But it is a great series on Eastern and Western religions, common sources of similar motifs, and the purposes, origins, and powers of those forces. It's not for everyone.

(I don't think he approved of scrapple or canned corned beef hash though, and I doubt he ever wore sweatpants. FWIW)

Pate has a huge swap meet every year...until covid hit.

https://pateswapmeet.com/