Page 1143 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 1436431043109311331141114211431144114511531193124316432143 ... LastLast
Results 22,841 to 22,860 of 67380
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is this just the dry month talking to you?
    Picked the wrong month to give up beer...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Picked the wrong month to give up beer...
    I give up beer every Neveruary.

Power is out at the office. Looks like it is time to head out for the day

Power is out at the office. Looks like it is time to head out for the day
    And after you get home, are you going to call your office to tell them which circuit breaker you turned off? Or wait until you go arrive in the morning, pretending to be the hero who finds the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    And after you get home, are you going to call your office to tell them which circuit breaker you turned off? Or wait until you go arrive in the morning, pretending to be the hero who finds the problem?
    Ha! Someone ran in to a gas pump and knocked over a power line across the street.

Ha! Someone ran in to a gas pump and knocked over a power line across the street.
    So, you need to visit the Claims adjuster too?

This thread slept in and was late for work...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    This thread slept in and was late for work...
    Weird. I thought this thread didn't sleep well last night. Huh.

I had my first encounter with Pho Bo last summer. Long time since I discovered a culinary dish that truly changed my world.

Weird. I thought this thread didn't sleep well last night. Huh.
    This thread should call out sick.

This thread should call out sick.
    Yesterday was Field Day at my school. Ordinarily the event would (and darn well should) be held on a Friday, but due to multiple weather-related cancellations, Wednesday was our drop-dead, has to happen today date.
    Today, the campus looks and feels like the "after" in a zombie film.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Yesterday was Field Day at my school. Ordinarily the event would (and darn well should) be held on a Friday, but due to multiple weather-related cancellations, Wednesday was our drop-dead, has to happen today date.
    Today, the campus looks and feels like the "after" in a zombie film.
    Should we apply the Coach K theory of short benches here? They are young and should recover quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Yesterday was Field Day at my school...
    Always one to toot my own horn, and/or horns relating to my family, I now proudly point out that my daughter was Blue Team Captain in 8th grade. The Blue Team resoundingly won that year end Field Day competition along with the cumulative points for the academic year.

I wish I could claim her as a chip off this old block but she's actually very nice and sincere. But she still cannot hit a baseball with a bat so I've got that on her.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Baseball not a problem. Softballs I struggle with when it is slow pitch. I don't have the patience to wait for the ball to get there and so am often early with my swing.

I am not brave enough to recommend it, but let me just ask out of curiosity: anyone here watch LetterKenny on Hulu?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Baseball not a problem. Softballs I struggle with when it is slow pitch. I don't have the patience to wait for the ball to get there and so am often early with my swing.
    How about wiffle ball? I'm pretty good at that too. With modesty, I claim to be the Babe Ruth of Ladies in My Family. I set the big plastic cup of beer safely off to the side, point to the liriope bed at the end of the yard and then let loose.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Should be nice and warm here this weekend with sunshine, may be a kayak sort of weekend. DaughterPK is home for a few days, so might as well hit the river.

I am not brave enough to recommend it, but let me just ask out of curiosity: anyone here watch LetterKenny on Hulu?
    Canadians are extremely funny.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Should be nice and warm here this weekend with sunshine, may be a kayak sort of weekend. DaughterPK is home for a few days, so might as well hit the river.
    Can I come? I want to become better with a kayak. When the family is at a place where kayaking is possible, I treat so that I can go. Niece Nicole and Brother-in-Law Alan are the champions at falling out.

eta - bucket list item is to kayak where I can see manatees. Need to find someone that will do that with me.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Can I come? I want to become better with a kayak. When the family is at a place where kayaking is possible, I treat so that I can go. Niece Nicole and Brother-in-Law Alan are the champions at falling out.

eta - bucket list item is to kayak where I can see manatees. Need to find someone that will do that with me.
    Of course you're invited. And IIRC, you have a nephew in Clemson? If so, there should be great kayaking opportunities up there if you visit.

I have never kayaked in the Keys, but have seen a lot of manatee in the inlets of Islamorada and the vicinity. I have never sea kayaked though.