Page 1069 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 69569969101910591067106810691070107110791119116915692069 ... LastLast
Results 21,361 to 21,380 of 67404
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    When others are drinking it. I like the smell but can't stand the taste.
    This is me too. My best friend is on a mission to make me like it, she claims it's an acquired taste. Problem is people say that about beer as well and I don't like that either.

Add me to the camp of non-coffee drinkers.

Fresh ground, hot and strong. Cream splop if available but Black is fine. No sugar.

Preferably, non corporate.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Fresh ground, hot and strong. Cream splop if available but Black is fine. No sugar.

Preferably, non corporate.
    Hot, strong, and black - but only from a medium roast. Can't stand the over roasted/burnt coffees... (Looking at you, Starbucks!)

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Add me to the camp of non-coffee drinkers.
    Who are you people and how do you function?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm with you, who are they? Make mine just short of battery acid. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    This is me too. My best friend is on a mission to make me like it, she claims it's an acquired taste. Problem is people say that about beer as well and I don't like that either.
    "They" say if you don't acquire the taste in college, you never will.

I am my mother's daughter - she didn't drink coffee. She got her caffeine from Coke. She switched to Tab and then Diet Coke.

I am my mother's daughter - she didn't drink coffee. She got her caffeine from Coke. She switched to Tab and then Diet Coke.
    Diet Mountain Dew is my soda of choice.

Glass of iced tea in the morning then water the rest of the day. It works for me.

OMG: three cases of 24 16 oz bottles of Coke, every single week. My mom really needed her Coke, and we hung onto her coattails (coketails?).

She eventually gave it up, and reportedly slept the better for it. But we missed the abundant sweet goodness...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    OMG: three cases of 24 16 oz bottles of Coke, every single week. My mom really needed her Coke, and we hung onto her coattails (coketails?).

She eventually gave it up, and reportedly slept the better for it. But we missed the abundant sweet goodness...

-jk
    The kids only got to have soda on rare occasions but Mom had her 10oz bottles of Coke. I don't remember if I ever had a soda before we moved to Japan.

The kids only got to have soda on rare occasions but Mom had her 10oz bottles of Coke. I don't remember if I ever had a soda before we moved to Japan.
    WTH is up with other countries when you order a coke at a restaurant? They bring you a tiny glass of Coke, along with a tiny glass, then pour two sips of the Coke in the bottle and sit the glass beside it.

Actually, maybe this is why the USA is so obese? I don't really drink soda much anymore, and when I do, I usually go for the diet option. Ymm, aspartame...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    WTH is up with other countries when you order a coke at a restaurant? They bring you a tiny glass of Coke, along with a tiny glass, then pour two sips of the Coke in the bottle and sit the glass beside it.

Actually, maybe this is why the USA is so obese? I don't really drink soda much anymore, and when I do, I usually go for the diet option. Ymm, aspartame...
    I rarely drink soda anymore either but I actually prefer the taste of Diet Coke to the regular. Probably because that's what was in the house when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    <Insert clip of me driving Papa Turk's rusty old Ford Ranger pickup past boarded up houses, the hoop courts and baseball fields where I used to play, and the old parish school, with Springsteen's "My Hometown" or "My City of Ruins" playing in the background...>
    Potentially interesting show with a similar theme on the History Channel, Detroit: Comeback City. I didn't watch it yet, but lots of focus on the train station which is a fabulous building IMHO.

Anyone else notice that the Beer Thread is making gains on LTE?
    Let's go Duke!

Anyone else notice that the Beer Thread is making gains on LTE?
    I hadn't noticed. Can you cite any evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I hadn't noticed. Can you cite any evidence?
    They seem to be at a steady clip of between 10 and 20 posts a day.

They seem to be at a steady clip of between 10 and 20 posts a day.
    Are there really that many interesting beers? The answer is unequivocally...

Maybe we should drink beer in the morning?